Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Yeah, Tindall is 'JT' in interviews with the players. Backs that theory up to some extent.

It's the right way to go about it too, imo; it makes sense for the manager to keep their distance because it reinforces their authority. 

25 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Fair point. I think those kind of managers it wears thin quickly, they get those early results but players tire of it and it goes to shit. In terms of trajectory though Howe >>> Gerrard imho. 

Howe has been in management a long time, for his age, and doesn't have a glittering career to fall back on. he's grafted his way to the top. He didn't walk in to a PL job, He walked his club into the PL. That learning curve sets him up for a long and successful career.

I think Gerrard will be another who will have a top managerial career with little actual success. He'll be applauded for his methods and players will be derided for not adhering.

"Culture" has become so over rated that it is now under rated but you can see that Eddie Howe has his own culture that he is implementing.  Fraser talks about it.  Trippier exemplifies it.  And then you have the players who will be inspired by it.  The one's who aren't fully on board will be weeded out.  We are so lucky to have hung in there and are now able to watch it unfold.  It's the best thing about sport: team is everything.

I'm not sure what it is with Eddie, but I can relate to him better than any other manager, post Keegan and Robson, he's miles better the way he talks, thinks, communicates, discusses the players, the preparation, I'll put him above any post Robson. 

Edited by mighty__mag

He wasn’t my first choice and there are still some worries and concerns, but for where we are at right now, he’s ideal isn’t he and I feel him and the club in their respective trajectories going forward are a perfect fit and can grow together alongside and with one another to a very successful outcome. I love how the fans are seemingly fully behind him too and you can see it’s down to the fact he is doing everything in his power to keep us up, improve results and performances and he is very much here to achieve success and get us going in a direction up and up and only up. The owners are the same too! 

23 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not sure what it is with Eddie, but I can relate to him better than any other manager, post Keegan and Robson, he's miles better the way he talks, thinks, communicates, discusses the players, the preparation, I'll put him above any post Robson. 

Not being a thick cunt or a bell end certainly helps.

got it spot on with Bruno - especially from a psychological point of view.

Bruno didnt truly have a clue about the fans, the pressure, the players and the SJP atmosphere.

letting him watch from the sidelines for nearly 90 minutes and take it all in, then letting him join in for 5 minutes when the game was won and feel also part of the "lap of honour".

think its taken a lot of pressure off him and he also wont come into his first home game like a rabbit in the headlights.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Bruno didnt truly have a clue about the fans, the pressure, the players and the SJP atmosphere.

letting him watch from the sidelines for nearly 90 minutes and take it all in, then letting him join in for 5 minutes when the game was won and feel also part of the "lap of honour".

think its taken a lot of pressure off him and he also wont come into his first home game like a rabbit in the headlights.

👍🏻 Doesn’t strike me as rabbit in the headlights type of guy. Confident as fuck more like :indi:

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

He seems the kind of rabbit that would drop kick the headlights as the car drove passed! 

Edited by greydos

I have complete faith in Eddie Howe, always admired the man as a person and his football philosophy and style. He was always my first choice (realistically) for manager.

He's already my third favourite NUFC manager after KK and SBR. ...probably because he has KK's offensive style of play and SBR's tactical/football managerial nous.

Yes it felt good for the appointment of Shearer, or the second coming of KK or Rafa....... but they were all under Ashley......and somehow we knew he was a fraud pretty early on and you could never get truly excited.

But now it's different. We have a brilliant young English manager who is very knowledgeable and Premier League experienced (Europe will be unknown territory - but it was with KK!) and owners who genuinely have a vision, ambition and commitment with sound financial backing.

For those of us who are old enough to remember the press conference with Sir John Hall unveiling Kevin Keegan as the new Newcastle manager.....this is going to be even better. For those of us who aren't old enough....enjoy the rollercoaster :lol:

6 hours ago, huss9 said:

As I said at the time - start him and there's every chance he has an adrenaline dump and is done by 65 minutes when the game could still be tight. 

For sure, it was a risk, but giving him that 5 minutes allowed him a chance to have fun, be himself, and get a vibe for what it's like. 

I'll trust Eddie with Howe he handles this.  Everybody lauded Cabbagehead as a great man manager because he joked and slapped backs and asked how the kids were.  A real man manager reads his room and uses that to help inform his decisions.  However he introduces Bruno into the squad is fine by me.

I’m not at the point I got to with Rafa where I didn’t care about starting elevens as I had complete trust in the manager, but I’m getting there. I want Bruno to start v Villa 100% but if Eddie makes another decision, fine (for now :lol: ). I think he’ll start though.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

I’m not at the point I got to with Rafa where I didn’t care about starting elevens as I had complete trust in the manager, but I’m getting there. I want Bruno to start v Villa 100% but if Eddie makes another decision, fine (for now :lol: ). I think he’ll start though.

Exactly where I’m at , it’s about the task in hand .

Again I think he will be on the bench , I think EH wants a full week with this lad to get him in shape for the pace of our league , Sunday will be fast and energy sapping , bench for me like.