Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

That performance was so enjoyable, understandably it lacked a cutting edge but with the players out it would have been easy to just sit back and let them have the ball

Instead we had the ball and passed it about well, looked in control and it was just that final pass or cross that let us down

Doing a brilliant job considering he's only a 42inch TV

Favourite thing about today is that while we’ve had some good results over the last 4.5 years against the top clubs, this is the first time I’d say we’ve went out with intentions of winning the game and at least looked their equals ability wise. Add Trippier, ASM & Wilson to that today and we win. Even with 3 squad players (and Krafth looking shaky), I don’t think we looked like losing at all.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Actually seeing the team try and play football is great to see after years of shite under Rafa and Bruce now we're trying to keep the ball and attack teams,  breath of fresh air.

Eddie is doing well, but you can fuck off with the Rafa jibe. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Actually seeing the team try and play football is great to see after years of shite under Rafa and Bruce now we're trying to keep the ball and attack teams,  breath of fresh air.

Did you miss the last 3 months under Rafa?

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Wasn't a jibe at all this is the first time we've tried to play attacking football in recent memory and it's great to see.

That's just not true, the final 3-4 months of Rafa and we were playing very good attacking football

Obviously once he was replaced by Bruce it crumbled

Gonna get jumped on for this but this has always been my opinion and still is - hated Rafa when he was manager for us and hate him now, his football bored me and I hate it whenever I read “rafaesq or Rafa style”.

i know I’m in the minority and it’s just me but that’s my opinion.

Doing a really good job. The signs were there against Brentford and Man U, then we dropped off quite a bit, but now we look like an actual team.

Wilson, ASM, and Trippier all out and I don’t think we’re going down, that’s testament to the job he’s doing.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Gonna get jumped on for this but this has always been my opinion and still is - hated Rafa when he was manager for us and hate him now, his football bored me and I hate it whenever I read “rafaesq or Rafa style”.

This is the Eddie Howe thread, can we not spoil it please?

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

This is the Eddie Howe thread, can we not spoil it please?

I tried my best to word it so it was obvious my opinion is the weird one but fair enough - I shall drop it.

On Eddie Howe though glad to say he was always my first choice (genuinely), always been a big fan of his abs couldn’t be happier right now.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Whilst I never hated him I have always said he did an ok job, nothing more nothing less, he certainly has never deserved the messiah like status some hold him in but I think that’s a lot more to do with the politics he used when speaking up against Ashley rather than the football we played and the results we got.

10 minutes ago, madras said:

To be fair the last 2 or 3 seasons we've played some good stuff towards the end of the season to get out of trouble.

Biggest difference being it was all counter attack, we actually hold onto the ball now and it's so much easier on the nerves ?

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Whilst I never hated him I have always said he did an ok job, nothing more nothing less, he certainly has never deserved the messiah like status some hold him in but I think that’s a lot more to do with the politics he used when speaking up against Ashley rather than the football we played and the results we got.

Whilst his style of football can understandably be questioned he did a more than okay job