Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

think the only way we go for mourinho is if Howe leaves because his family havent settled up here.

they were meant to be moving up after xmas but not sure if they did.

That would be interesting to find out.

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

I think I have seen/read somewhere that they delayed moving until the season was over 

Would make sense with kids moving schools etc. 

Eddie will have until the end of next season at least, probably the year after unless things went tits up and we were in bottom three in December! Think that would be make or break time for him to see if he was the man to take us all the way or we bring in a finisher like Conte at that point. Would be soul destroying if he was replaced now. Really want to see Eddie and his team continue to grow and succeed. Absolutely want him to be the guy to finally have us lift a trophy.

Nah, you don't do "evolution" not "revolution" with Mourinho. He'll just sign his own players, not bother improving the squad, and won't use any youth players, even if they are a Salah or de Bruyne. That's what history says.

To Mourinho's credit, he is not finished when it comes to winning the odd thing and did so as well as anyone at Man U. It was very Spursy of them to sack him just before a cup final he may well have won for them.

Anyway, sounds like BS to me.

The owners see this club as a long term project, Mourinho for all his success is a journeyman manager who doesn't do long term projects. Replacing Howe with him now seems at odds with everything the owners seem to be wanting to do.

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

I think I have seen/read somewhere that they delayed moving until the season was over 

Realistically, if we'd gone down, Eddie might have got the sack. He'd have disrupted his family's life unnecessarily. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Howe will not leave of his own accord like.

I hope your right, I think 14 years under Ashley has made us very pessimistic and programmed to think we can't have nice things.

Guest HTT II

I’d walk away for good if they let Howe go for Mourinho who is finished as a top manager, where as ours has only just started. That said, these rumours are total bull shit. 

Even if Howe took such a downturn that he's out of the door soon (which I don't think will happen), I'd be disappointed if we just threw money at Mourinho.

Past his prime, complete waste of Howe trying to get the team playing more expansive and would lumber us with a bunch of expensive 30-somethings before flouncing off two years later, leaving us with little FFP wiggle room and no coherent long-term plan.

I don't know why that rumour has generated any discussion at all, it's clearly the most made up of made up things:lol:. And the only basis I can fathom is that our new owners were looking at him when they were first thinking of buying the club, almost two years ago. Cut, paste, get all the rage clicks.

It's what ifs and things don't work this way, but if we had managed two or three wins during that barren spell under cunt, we'd have been challenging West Ham for Europe.

A summer window with Howe knowing what areas need improvement, a full PROPER pre-season schedule, and owners willing to invest = :megusta:

0 wins after 14

1 win after 20

12 points after 20

He simply must be manager of the season unless Liverpool win the league!

What a job he has done and I hope he’s here for many years!

16 minutes ago, Ste said:

It's what ifs and things don't work this way, but if we had managed two or three wins during that barren spell under cunt, we'd have been challenging West Ham for Europe.

Fine margins in a few games, Southampton at home where we conceded in the 96th minute after taking the lead in the 90th, Watford away who we battered, Chelsea away where we should've got a pen and definitely deserved a point and Man Utd at home who we fully deserved to beat. 7 extra points there, if we had them we'd be on 53 points right now. 3 off West Ham.

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Fine margins in a few games, Southampton at home where we conceded in the 96th minute after taking the lead in the 90th, Watford away who we battered, Chelsea away where we should've got a pen and definitely deserved a point and Man Utd at home who we fully deserved to beat. 7 extra points there, if we had them we'd be on 53 points right now. 3 off West Ham.

Carragher said some of “the big clubs” need to be worried about Newcastle next season or words to that effect! 

:tobey:

Next season is going to be one of the most intriguing in recent history. Not only because of the way the World Cup mid season will affect every single Premier League team but also because of the way Howe has changed us in a few months and made us part of that conversation for Europe.

It used to be the Big Four, then it became the Big Six. Next season I reckon there will be 11 clubs who believe they are good enough to qualify for Europe and who will spend accordingly. The usual six plus, West Ham, Wolves, Leicester, Aston Villa and Newcastle.

Its going to be incredibly difficult for Howe next season, every team will be strengthening and every tiny detail will matter. I do have every faith he and the sqaud are capable of it but I won't be pinning all my hopes on us finishing top 6 next season. 

Wolves and Leicester will be having quasi-overhauls in the summer; loads of players at Wolves are leaving and Rodgers earlier in the season admitted a similar sort of thing. Plus Wolves have been poor for a couple months now and Leicester by their recent standards this season have been poor and could well be again given who could be leaving and bedding new players in. West Ham will likely still be up there next season but Villa I'm not too sure about, depends who they sign I guess but I haven't been blown away by them. Brummie could probably tell us more. 

We just have to get our recruitment spot on. If we do, I don't see any reason why 9th-6th can't be achievable. We have momentum and unity akin to the 90s and have been in Champions League form since January 22nd. 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wilson not being fouled by the Brighton keeper when clean through gets us another two points closer.