Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 hours ago, Beth said:

Yep I was wrong, but lets get real here in reply to all the other posts as well. He's done well, but he also had the biggest transfer outlay in January. Top 5 of the PL managers this season, yes. Manager of the season, no chance.

What an incredibly weird post for a supposed "Newcastle" supporter.

13 hours ago, Beth said:

Yep I was wrong, but lets get real here in reply to all the other posts as well. He's done well, but he also had the biggest transfer outlay in January. Top 5 of the PL managers this season, yes. Manager of the season, no chance.

If this award is made by a fans vote, then it's meaningless, so it's not something I feel too strongly about. The LMA award is the one that counts, and depending when that vote takes place, I think he's in with a shout.

Of the five players that were brought in, one isn't very good, one got injured early on, one needed a bit of easing in and the performances had already started improving before he made an impact, and the other two were squad players at other Premiership clubs. Big Dan Burn made a significant improvement to the defence, and we might not have stayed up without him IMO, but Eddie has over-achieved on what was available to him. We were as bad as Watford and Norwich, and needed to improve to get past Burnley and Leeds, but Eddie took us beyond that.

The other factor is the pressure that he was under, taking on a big club in a desperate situation, with low morale amongst the squad and the supporters. He's shown guts as well as intelligence.

Sorry to pontificate, but I'm genuinely moved by the warmth and high regard in which our man is spoken of by his players. I'm just a little bit proud of my club now.

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I hate that these things are fans picked. I didn’t realise the Almiron Goal of the Month one was. Should be a panel. 

It’s decided by a panel, the public vote counts for 10% (nowt)

20 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Canny certain Beth's a mackem on the wind up like, probably a bloke called Keith.

If Beth's actually female I'm thinking she must resemble coach Beiste from Glee.

If that 45 minutes is a glimpse of what he wants us to do, wait until we add 3-4 more quality players to that lot. Probably as good as I've seen since we were thrashing WBA away & Stoke at home in that run to 5th when HBA, Cisse & Cabaye were taking the mick. That was against average opposition too, this is meant to be a top 6 team.

He's managed from a worse starting position to outdo what both Rafa and Bruce (albeit with different teams to differing extents) achieved in terms of PL points - 46 points is our best in 8 years

Absolutely incredible performance. Bodied a top five team and outplayed them in every metric from start to finish.

Pretty clear that Howe's standards are unrelenting - sky is the limit now.

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

Said after the City game that he generally has poor form vs the top 6 sides, tonight went a long way against that 

To be fair the club he’s had until now has had a budget nowhere near those clubs so you’d expect that really. Since he’s come to us though we should have beaten Man U, gave West Ham as good as we got away, should have beaten Chelsea away. It’s only Man City and the Spurs front three that have blown us away. You’ll always get random games like Leicester.

Soon as we're mathematically safe he gives us that performance? Can't be a coincidence, this is how he wants us to play next season :drool: 

Easy to forget that he basically had to do a pre season during the actual season because the players were so unfit, imagine what he can do with a full pre season and a couple of quality additions man