Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Dan Gleebals said:

I suffered a couple of minutes of that. Warrnock looks totally fucked in that and all this social media bollocks... just fuck off and retire the two of you! Seriously. Made millions being shite and you can't just call it a day..

I don’t mind Colin Wanker tbf - he’s often canny about us.  But that is helped by the fact he never managed us. 

10 hours ago, BonesJones said:

God I love listening to him speak :smitten:

The one ever so slight 'criticism' I'd have on the way he talks about football, is how he talks about how difficult everything is. I'll admit that I have considered whether that attitude of his could be something that might stop him from taking us the very, very top.

Then I remember that I'm a fucking fool, and that Eddie uses that as motivation to be the best he can be and make sure the team is at their peak at all times. If there are no easy games, you better be on your best game at all times, basically.

It's so refreshing to have Eddie's perspective on this rather than using 'difficult games' as an excuse as to why we got battered 4-0 to some random cloggers again. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Fantastic performance down to 10. It's an annoying result but the fact I've been able to genuinely enjoy a game we were 2 goals and a man down after 20 minutes or so is a testament to how much I want to suck this man's cock.

Superb summary. :lol:

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Fantastic performance down to 10. It's an annoying result but the fact I've been able to genuinely enjoy a game we were 2 goals and a man down after 20 minutes or so is a testament to how much I want to suck this man's cock.

How I feel ? 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I was with you till the last bit man, my goodness :lol:

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I consider myself a loyalist, but I think that's stretching the defence a little bit.

There's good and bad to take from it, and plenty to debate, but I think you can argue we were tactically naive today, and a few chickens came home to roost re: our ultra consistent approach to games.

Thing is even with 1 man down and 0-2, i felt hope that we somehow could turn it around. 2 years ago i would turn the game off at that stage. Howe has given the squad hope,courage and light no matter what situation we are in. Good or bad

We matched them,created enough to be at least even.

Just now, Killuminati said:

Thing is even with 1 man down and 0-2, i felt hope that we somehow could turn it around. 2 years ago i would turn the game off at that stage. Howe has given the squad hope,courage and light no matter what situation we are in. Good or bad

We matched them,created enough to be at least even.

Yep, don't disagree with that. Delighted to hear no boos at the end.

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Down to shit finishing again or we could have even come away with something too.

Edited by reefatoon

[emoji38]

A little too far, but much better than morons blaming Howe for the result. 

7 minutes ago, 80 said:

I consider myself a loyalist, but I think that's stretching the defence a little bit.

There's good and bad to take from it, and plenty to debate, but I think you can argue we were tactically naive today, and a few chickens came home to roost re: our ultra consistent approach to games.

They done us with 2 great balls in between our defenders, you could argue we gave too much space in behind but both goals could have been prevented if Trippier steps up (from memory anyway?)

We we’re clearly the better side and I think the fact we continued to cause them problems when a man down vindicates the opening. Liverpool are woeful defensively atm. Just caught them on a clinical day.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I love him, but personally thought he got it wrong today. We looked way to exposed to the ball over the top. It was similar to the first 15 minutes at Spurs, just this time we were punished.

Lesson learned, we move on.

Loved his chat with Joe too, you know exactly what he's saying.

We were always going to hit a rough patch of form and results at some point in time and it's now come. We were unbelievably good in the first 16 or 17 fixtures and we've now hit the blip we should all have been expecting, it was going to happen. That Bruno red felt big at the time but it now feels like a turning-point in the season, with a dip in form, impotent in attack and costly at the back without him on the park to marshal people. Tonight was a big blow undoubtedly but the big picture is still very rosy. 

Next we have out first trip to Wembley for 24 years to look forward too and it's a chance to put a cup in the cabinet. We're underdogs obviously but it's a game of football and we've got a puncher's chance. We're also still (despite the poor form and results) in 4th and have no European football to worry about for the rest of the season. Just compare this present situation to 12 months ago - we were all shitting breezeblocks at going down. Now we have a decent chance of CL football and a Cup with top 7 looking very very likely. We're still playing catch-up on the top 6 and it probably won't happen in a year or 2 but I'm loving being optimistic and loving the challenge of competing at the top rather than dreading being in the bottom 3. My glass is still way more than half full despite the recent blows. This is what following a team is all about, up's and downs and enjoying the ride :)  

They done us with 2 great balls in between our defenders, you could argue we gave too much space in behind but both goals could have been prevented if Trippier steps up (from memory anyway?)

We we’re clearly the better side and I think the fact we continued to cause them problems when a man down vindicates the opening. Liverpool are woeful defensively atm. Just caught them on a clinical day.

They played us like an experienced European team in my view. Not a great one, but a wily one. We set up like Ricky Hatton when we should have been Floyd Mayweather.

I don't think we can say we're clearly the better team when we're struggling so much to put goals away right now. There's loads we're doing right, but tonight they came here needing a win more than us. A draw was not acceptable for Liverpool. For a one off, special occasion, we could have let them come onto us a bit more and hit them on the break with all 10 outfielders, greater stamina and the tie still 0-0. That would've really exploited their weak defence.

Instead, we set out to smother them in relatively impotent blows high up the pitch, and they picked us off on the counter and should have had the game wrapped up before the night had really begun. The fact they didn't a) spoke well of us and b) spoke badly of them.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Our terrible form in front of goal

aside I’d only question him on not playing Gordon from the start. Absolutely baffling.

Certainly mysterious. But not one of the things I'd criticise massively without hearing the justification at least. That's what I mean when I say there's plenty to debate.