Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

24 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Nobody has forgotten the last 14 years, we’re just debating the depth of the squad and discussing what we’re seeing with our own eyes: a team not performing particularly well over the last 5-6 weeks. It’s completely feasible to be both ecstatic with the season from a broader perspective, but concerned with the immediate moment from a narrow perspective (unless you’re not capable of weighing up conflicting arguments and concluding that both have some merit in different ways). 

What is not boring on the forum is people discussing concern. What is boring is being told you’re ungrateful or somehow dismissive of the pain under Ashley for expressing criticism or a concern. Literally everybody on here is very happy that Ashley is gone and very happy that we’re no longer shit. 

For comparison’s sake, I love the band Death Cab For Cutie. If they make one album I don’t like and I express disappointment, am I to be dismissed as somehow less of a fan for somehow not appreciating their previous bodies of work from the preceding 14 years? There’s just no need to limit yourself to such binary thinking. 

I’ve been trying to get this exact point across all day and been told to get a grip and all sorts.

39 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Nobody has forgotten the last 14 years, we’re just debating the depth of the squad and discussing what we’re seeing with our own eyes: a team not performing particularly well over the last 5-6 weeks. It’s completely feasible to be both ecstatic with the season from a broader perspective, but concerned with the immediate moment from a narrow perspective (unless you’re not capable of weighing up conflicting arguments and concluding that both have some merit in different ways). 

What is not boring on the forum is people discussing concern. What is boring is being told you’re ungrateful or somehow dismissive of the pain under Ashley for expressing criticism or a concern. Literally everybody on here is very happy that Ashley is gone and very happy that we’re no longer shit. 

For comparison’s sake, I love the band Death Cab For Cutie. If they make one album I don’t like and I express disappointment, am I to be dismissed as somehow less of a fan for somehow not appreciating their previous bodies of work from the preceding 14 years? There’s just no need to limit yourself to such binary thinking. 

Here here. 

16 minutes ago, wormy said:

Have the past eight pages today all been about Shelvey? Just so I know if there's a single page worth catching up on.

It’s eight pages of a couple of posters having an absolute mare. Highly not recommended. :lol: 

Just now, The Prophet said:

We needed a forum debate to replace "was Chris Wood a good signing?"

Take me back the good old days of 'should our best ball playing defender be moved to defensive midfield?'. 

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Take me back the good old days of 'should our best ball playing defender be moved to defensive midfield?'. 

It’s literally been suggested today in another thread. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

22 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’ve been trying to get this exact point across all day and been told to get a grip and all sorts.

But the debate takes less than 2 lines.

We need extra depth in the MF and we didn't address it.

Now let's get it together and make the rest of the season as positive as possible.

Or we can bitch and moan for the next 3 months.

Edited by OverThere

2 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Now let's get it together and make the rest of the season as positive as possible.

Can we at least be negative about the Green and white strip?

9 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Or we can think both things at the same time, because our brains have the capacity to do so, without being told off by a bunch of strangers for it. 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Or we can think both things at the same time, because our brains have the capacity to do so, without being told off by a bunch of strangers for it. 

I think the point is that most fans, at least in this board, accept that we're a bit light in midfield, no one has really disagreed on that point.

It's more the repetitive revelling in the "missed opportunity" that was the January transfer market.

Defy anyone to have predicted that at mid February we would have lost just 2 games of football so far, be 4th and have a legitimate shot at staying there and we'd be preparing for our first Cup Final in 24 years. This season has been a phenomenal effort from Howe and the team, they've entertained us and made us proud of the club again. There have been some results which have been frustrating obviously and maybe another player or 2 in the window would have been useful and it's fair to point it out.

But if people want to dwell on the very few negatives repeatedly rather than celebrate the positives then I really don't know what to say to them tbph. It's sport and sometimes it doesn't go perfectly and that's fine. I'd urge everyone to take a few steps back and have a look at what's been achieved by the team in it's entirety, it's an amazing transformation and it's going to get better and better as we build this club and team up - just try and fucking enjoy it :lol:

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Eddie broke the PL-era record didn’t he? Took it from Pardew, no? Which made me throw up in my mouth 

Aye this is our longest top flight unbeaten run and joint longest ever in all leagues 

Edited by Danh1

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Defy anyone to have predicted that at mid February we would have lost just 2 games of football so far, be 4th and have a legitimate shot at staying there and we'd be preparing for our first Cup Final in 24 years. This season has been a phenomenal effort from Howe and the team, they've entertained us and made us proud of the club again. There have been some results which have been frustrating obviously and maybe another player or 2 in the window would have been useful and it's fair to point it out.

But if people want to dwell on the very few negatives repeatedly rather than celebrate the positives then I really don't know what to say to them tbph. It's sport and sometimes it doesn't go perfectly and that's fine. I'd urge everyone to take a few steps back and have a look at what's been achieved by the team in it's entirety, it's an amazing transformation and it's going to get better and better as we build this club and team up - just try and fucking enjoy it :lol:

Fantastically put. 

I don’t really mind people questioning tactics, our transfer window, our substitutions etc. it’s all for game on a football forum. What I can’t be fucked with is knee-jerking reactions like “has Eddie peaked already and is it time for him to go?” What’s the point of following sport if the second you get an average result you want to torch the best thing about the last year 

36 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It’s literally been suggested today in another thread. :lol: 

:lol: Get in. We must be on course for a shit-related discussion in Chat in the next few days then, too. Never change, N-O.