Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team so well prepared for the first game of a season. Absolutely silly levels of professionalism. 

He never even played that lineup in preseason and he had to go to the US instead of just training quietly in Austria or something, but everyone knew their jobs perfectly and executed it brilliantly. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Even just this summer I was still hearing other clubs fans saying we will need to eventually get a higher profile manager before we can really compete.

Found that infuriating. They really can't see what this genius of a man is putting together.

He's going right to the top.

My favourite post from other clubs' fans (Man Utd)

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/newcastle-united-23-24-season.478578/post-30917878

It's money they shouldn't have... no matter how they've used it.

Love the delusion they're still living under. Eyes wide shut.

Edited by Skeletor

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a team so well prepared for the first game of a season. Absolutely silly levels of professionalism. 

He never even played that lineup in preseason and he had to go to the US instead of just training quietly in Austria or something, but everyone knew their jobs perfectly and executed it brilliantly. 

It was ludicrous how fit we looked in comparison to Villa. We were still running around with the same intensity at 80 minutes as we were in the first minute. Mostly our press understandably faded in games last season but it didn't yesterday at all. 

His fitness levels are why I don't think he'll ever work as well as England manager. There was a lot of people saying he's the perfect candidate last season but I don't think it'll work. 

If he got the group of players together for a week mid season they'll never be up to the fitness levels that he expects. Pre season is so important as he makes us incredibly prepared,something that he wouldn't get at International management. 

39 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

My favourite post from other clubs' fans (Man Utd)

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/newcastle-united-23-24-season.478578/post-30917878

Love the delusion they're still living under. Eyes wide shut.

That is so embarrassing a comment, I don't even know how to respond. Cringeworthy stuff.

Let them continue talking nonsense.

29 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

His fitness levels are why I don't think he'll ever work as well as England manager. There was a lot of people saying he's the perfect candidate last season but I don't think it'll work. 

If he got the group of players together for a week mid season they'll never be up to the fitness levels that he expects. Pre season is so important as he makes us incredibly prepared,something that he wouldn't get at International management. 

By the same token I'd expect Howe to adjust and figure out a means of playing in a way that doesn't require outrageous fitness for an international cup competition and be great in that, or any role, man is class.

48 minutes ago, RS said:

Waiting after a game to hear a Newcastle managers post match comments feels almost alien, but that’s how engaged I am with his leadership.  

This. We're now back in the realms of rammed, post match, bars being hushed to silence when our manager comes on the TVs for his interview. 

50 minutes ago, GEFAFWISP said:

By the same token I'd expect Howe to adjust and figure out a means of playing in a way that doesn't require outrageous fitness for an international cup competition and be great in that, or any role, man is class.

Yeah it's not like he would be a complete failure and like you say tournament football is more suitable as he also has a lot longer to work with the players. It's just that many pundits don't understand why he makes us so good and why we blow teams away. Tactically he's definitely good enough to manage at that level but I think he's more suited to club football. 

Would be interested to know if he demanded high fitness levels at Bournemouth when they rose through the divisions or if its a fairly recent thing he's added to his management skills. 

Edited by Scotty66

9 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Don’t want to compare him to KK it’s too difficult. 

KK was a good among men for us. 

There's no point comparing them either. Two different eras with different methods, knowledge and technology. KK, SBR, Benitez & Howe will all be remembered as great managers and great people in my book. Roeder and Houghton maybe not so great managers, but great people.

I just wanted to add that it is such a pleasure to watch this man at the center of what has become an exceptionally well-run club. His tactics are typically excellent, his ability to motivate and get the best out of players - Gordon admitting last season that he was not fit enough to play the way we wanted to play, now he's looking like a new player - his commitment to the basics of hard work and intensity, he's just a spectacular manager.

And I love the fact that he and the scouting staff are aligned not only in the on-field type of player we sign, but the off-field attitude and commitment. The mentality of our signings has been sensational. 

It may not work perfectly all the time, but there is a very evident plan in place that is being carried out, and as a supporter, that's so reassuring.

20 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I just wanted to add that it is such a pleasure to watch this man at the center of what has become an exceptionally well-run club. His tactics are typically excellent, his ability to motivate and get the best out of players - Gordon admitting last season that he was not fit enough to play the way we wanted to play, now he's looking like a new player - his commitment to the basics of hard work and intensity, he's just a spectacular manager.

And I love the fact that he and the scouting staff are aligned not only in the on-field type of player we sign, but the off-field attitude and commitment. The mentality of our signings has been sensational. 

It may not work perfectly all the time, but there is a very evident plan in place that is being carried out, and as a supporter, that's so reassuring.

This. We are in very safe hands. The future is bright. The future is black and white :indi:

48 minutes ago, Memphis said:

This is all we ever wanted. 

Saw Howe and Tonali + girlfriend in Francesca’s last week. Couple of others in the encourage I didn’t recognise. Surprised I’ve not seen any photos on social media. Not where I’d take him but really speaks to the culture of the club and the desire to ensure he settles.

9 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Saw Howe and Tonali + girlfriend in Francesca’s last week. Couple of others in the encourage I didn’t recognise. Surprised I’ve not seen any photos on social media. Not where I’d take him but really speaks to the culture of the club and the desire to ensure he settles.

what did they order?