Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just watched the prematch press conference. He is so good with the media. As others have said, measured, reflective and really open. How many other managers would talk about the  love they have for a player in such an open honest and natural way? Great man. Great manager. 

15 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

He never seems to blag through an answer, whereas at work 99% of the responses I give are just bullshit blagging. How does he do it :lol:

Because he's competent.

?

Just now, The Prophet said:

Doesn't help Joelinton and then Longstaff when he came on were both really careless in possession.

That’s going to happen with Joelinton and Longstaff. The worst thing is that they were beaten to the ball a lot. That’s meant to be their strength. I thought Longstaff was ok.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

That’s going to happen with Joelinton and Longstaff. The worst thing is that they were beaten to the ball a lot. That’s meant to be their strength. I thought Longstaff was ok.  

Anderson was better than both.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I love Eddie. But sometimes I wish he would tinker more tactically.  We could’ve done with another body in midfield 

What would you have done if you were him? Play Longstaff instead of Gordon and packed the midfield even more?

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No idea. But our approach wasn’t working from minute 1. And we just stuck with it.  

I mean there's barely a team in the world that can cause City many problems no matter the approach especially at the Etihad

Just now, joeyt said:

I mean there's barely a team in the world that can cause City many problems no matter the approach especially at the Etihad

Different line up. But Sevilla caused City a lot of problems mid week. 

We caused them a lot of problems away last season too. 

Losing is fine. But if it was a boxing match we maybe won 1 round  at the very end at best.  Dominated start to finish. Last time it was a far more even game. 

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What would you have done if you were him? Play Longstaff instead of Gordon and packed the midfield even more?

could have, imo, played Almiron narrower (in the same kind of position Foden played) rather than as a conventional winger. Might have given Isak more of a link.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Different line up. But Sevilla caused City a lot of problems mid week. 

We caused them a lot of problems away last season too. 

Losing is fine. But if it was a boxing match we maybe won 1 round  at the very end at best.  Dominated start to finish. Last time it was a far more even game. 

City played much better tonight though, thought they were excellent. That has an impact 

They played their first match at home under the lights. That not have anything additional? 

If we’re at home it’s a different match, ala last season. If it’s away from home like last season we were deep into the season - so hard to compare this versus last. It’s not comparable.  

Edited by Kanji