Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Great stat, does this mean we’re over performing our xG?

Goals scored: 16

Expected Goals: 12.3

When you score 8 in a game you'll always outperform your XG, especially when it happens so early in the season. Our XG at the weekend was 3.94, which weirdly covers the difference perfectly.

And i've always said he's a good coach/tactician but his greatest strengths are his man-management, motivation, getting the most out of individuals etc. I think all streaky managers tend to be like that. He can be a little tactically predictable and inflexible.

Our system is more player / relationship-dependent than system-dependent.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Goals scored: 16

Expected Goals: 12.3

When you score 8 in a game you'll always outperform your XG, especially when it happens so early in the season. Our XG at the weekend was 3.94, which weirdly covers the difference perfectly.

And there's some things Xg can't cover. The Gordon shot doesn't include the confidence x determination the player has... and how much time and space he had to shoot on his favoured foot.

24 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He was never really any pressure on him, other than a handful of bloodthirsty journos and a small minority of knackers in the fanbase.

So much football content people are desperate for a headline.

It is noticeable the pressure on Poch is far less than Howe. Then they'll cry about a lack of quality English managers. You try to hound out the one English manager in a "top" job.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

He was never really any pressure on him, other than a handful of bloodthirsty journos and a small minority of knackers in the fanbase.

Got to keep the next manager sacked betting market alive too.

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

Just glad that three wins in a week, no goals conceded, point in Milan and a record win have eased that pressure on him that reporter was on about.

Feels a bit like three wins in a week but actually just two.  Maybe an 8 goal win should count double.

On 23/09/2023 at 23:33, Begbie said:

You forgot Joe Kinnear, think he was the most embarrasing ever.

I totally agree with you about Eddie Howe.

I didn't forget Joe Kinnear, I deliberately left him out because he was not really considered a manager at that point anyway, just some old guy who'd been in charge of Wimbledon back in the 90's. I think most people just assumed we had an owner who didn't have the slightest clue about football at that point.

What made Pardew and Bruce worse was that they somehow had a decent reputation and Ashley could pass them off as viable managers, even though most fans knew they were frauds.

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

I reckon 

Pope 

Liv Lascelles Botman Burn 

Tonali Longstaff Anderson 

Murphy                              Gordon 

Isak  

I’d be surprised if Gordon played, can’t afford for him to get booked.