Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Orphanage said:

Because Emery was our first choice and hes seemingly done a better and quicker job than Howe ( with less money i might add )

Villa had a much better squad to start with I'd say, but I think villas form is also starting to drop, they've just carried a lot of luck with last minute goals.

The problem is that our high intensity play means we lose the ball often, we create a lot of chaos but games like these would require patience and keeping the possession. Our midfield has only Bruno and perhaps Miley suited to that. Almiron loses the ball waaaay too often. Burn boots it long when under pressure etc.

Edited by KingArthur

4 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Because Emery was our first choice and hes seemingly done a better and quicker job than Howe ( with less money i might add )

Considering he started from a much higher platform and is yet to achieve anything, I'd disagree. Granted both are very good coaches and Emery could do well this season.

Find the Emery/Howe debate a bit pointless. Howe finished above Emery last year and beat him 5-1 this year so on a head to head Howe can beat an Emery side

If you look at it outside of just head to head, Emery is the more experienced and accomplished manager at the top level but this does not mean Howe doesn't have the nous to get himself to a level even higher than what he's accomplished for us so far.

As others have said, the situation we find ourself in should not be the end for Howe but it may very well be if it is repeated and not learnt from and addressed properly next season.

If Villa qualify for Champions League lets see how their domestic season plays out next year, and in fact lets how their domestic season ends up playing out this year. They might still finish 5th rather than top 4.

My hope is (just like many others here) Howe wins us many things and becomes the best manager he can be during his time year.

Edited by Amir_9

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Look at the table and then get back to me

You said he’s done it quicker than Howe, Howe did it in his first full season. We had a worse squad and were in a far worse position than Villa when Emery took over. It’s not even debatable.

4 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Villa are above us by a good margin and im willing to bet they will win something before we do

Dunno about that, we're a club on the up as well just as much as they are. I'd have us down as having a lot more potential for success in the future. Villa could end up winning the Conference League this season but we'd probably do the same if it was us in it. 

Possession football still requires energy, running, and speed.

Creative players need others to make runs for them to actually be creative.

We've blown away some teams sit back this season already. To me, it seems to be a confidence thing.

The board need to back him in January.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I wonder what Emery and his unwavering high line would have done if he was here atm to have us in the top 4 apparently. Resort to witchcraft? Shamanism? 

That same high that that Newcastle tore apart with a full strength squad.