Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, madras said:

Let's see if they get 12 first team squad injuries that last 2 or 3 months.

Exactly, brummie said they had a few key but pau and Watkins would seriously stretch them, or words to that affect. Ours is crazy right now

57 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s a real travesty that we haven’t held Nuremberg trials or an Inquisition. We need explanations.

obviously I am being hyperbolic about a small percentage on here.

Ironically this fits more with the attitude held against people daring to say anything critical.

I've been on here on and off coming up to 20 years. In that time I don't think I've ever seen anyone who makes the "you're not allowed to say such and such on here" ever come to the really basic realisation that criticism of what you're saying isn't anything like being told that you can't say it.

It's so simple yet somehow seemingly rocket science level complicated for some people.

Absolute fannies man, have some conviction in your points instead of whinging to the imaginary referee about how people didn't like what you were saying.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've been on here on and off coming up to 20 years. In that time I don't think I've ever seen anyone who makes the "you're not allowed to say such and such on here" ever come to the really basic realisation that criticism of what you're saying isn't anything like being told that you can't say it.

It's so simple yet somehow seemingly rocket science level complicated for some people.

Absolute fannies man, have some conviction in your points instead of whinging to the imaginary referee about how people didn't like what you were saying.

Might be because we're getting old mate [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Good example.

I can assure you i dont give a single shit about what people here think of me. I do like a decent conversation level without insults though, but guess it makes me a fanny.

As I’ve said numerous times, what I find most irritating is this self victimization circle jerk a few  people get into. “People laughed when I said” or “forum police”. Not only on here; it’s all over the place. 

maybe it’s because I’m dealing with just that with this narcissistic woman who was one of the subjects in our film. Thankfully even the worst culprits on here aren’t nearly so bad, but I am just a bit hypersensitive to it.

I find it hard to criticise him based on a single mistake from a player. 

I have the same criticisms I’ve had all season of our play away from home. This is atleast the 4th game we’ve seen waves and waves of opposition attack with seemingly no response. That I find frustrating. But I would have had these criticisms if we had won. 

Fucking hell what is with all these daft rumours today? Like Trippier people need to find reasons for errors beyond the person in question simply being fallible. Eddie Howe’s personal life is to blame for us not being able to string 3 passes together away from home.

59 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Fucking hell what is with all these daft rumours today? Like Trippier people need to find reasons for errors beyond the person in question simply being fallible. Eddie Howe’s personal life is to blame for us not being able to string 3 passes together away from home.

Feeling quite thankful I have no idea what you’re referring to.

I'm 100% behind Howe, I personally think our squad will look a lot different in their Adidas shirts next season. Howe will take loads of lessons from this season and adapt for the next. 

He's had shit luck with fixtures and injuries but he's the sort of bloke to take the positives from it and learn.

Honestly consolidating your position as we jumped as we did last season is actually a bigger achievement than the jump itself imo.

You see many examples of teams either come up or survive relegation and then get near to the top the next season (or top with Leicester)  based on momentum etc and then completely full apart the season after. 

We are nowhere near doing that and can still easily do better than last season still (FA cup win).

Obviously plans are in place for next season, the fact Lascelles and Schar haven't been offered contracts yet may indicate that a whole new defence is to be built around Botman, I imagine Howe will also focus on improving the competition for places in the squad as well.

13 hours ago, RS said:

Alex Ferguson, arguably the greatest manager ever,  ended his first season at Man U in 11th position. Although ending up second in his second season he had another 11th finish in his third. 
People suggesting Howe is under pressure already with this squad, the fixtures we’ve had and the injuries we suffered, need to reflect on what could have happened if manu had decided not to play the long game  

Ferguson wouldn’t have got six months in the PL era, they were different times.  And I’m not sure that simply sticking with a manager who’s failed because they’ll come good because Ferguson did isn’t that strong an argument.  Besides, Ferguson’s Aberdeen won two league titles and won a European final vs Real Madrid.  The bloke had previous.

(This is not an argument for getting rid of Howe.  Any talk of the bloke being under pressure atm is crackers).  

I can't believe it's on the cards, but the thought of Eddie getting dismissed absolutely terrifies me. He is our best chance of finally making the transition to the top level, and I've waited a long time for it. 

I don't live in the North East, so I can't really tell, but the support seems to be behind him. My only worry is that we have previous of turning against a great manager (Sir Bob), so I hope we all keep some perspective when we come across the inevitable bumps on the road.

As for the Saudis, their thinking is a mystery to me. Yasir comes across as a likeable guy with some feeling for the club, but I don't know how much awareness he has on the ups and downs of football. It takes time. Amanda and co seem solid characters who will back Eddie. They all seem to be working well together, so I hope if there's any temptation to bring in a more glamorous name like Mourinho, they'll be able to resist it. (I think Mourinho would be wise not to take the gig anyway)

I know it's probably all media talk, but I don't like hearing it.:(

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ferguson wouldn’t have got six months in the PL era, they were different times.  And I’m not sure that simply sticking with a manager who’s failed because they’ll come good because Ferguson did isn’t that strong an argument.  Besides, Ferguson’s Aberdeen won two league titles and won a European final vs Real Madrid.  The bloke had previous.

(This is not an argument for getting rid of Howe.  Any talk of the bloke being under pressure atm is crackers).  

What Howe did at Bournemouth shouldn’t be discounted either. 

26 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I can't believe it's on the cards, but the thought of Eddie getting dismissed absolutely terrifies me. He is our best chance of finally making the transition to the top level, and I've waited a long time for it. 

I don't live in the North East, so I can't really tell, but the support seems to be behind him. My only worry is that we have previous of turning against a great manager (Sir Bob), so I hope we all keep some perspective when we come across the inevitable bumps on the road.

As for the Saudis, their thinking is a mystery to me. Yasir comes across as a likeable guy with some feeling for the club, but I don't know how much awareness he has on the ups and downs of football. It takes time. Amanda and co seem solid characters who will back Eddie. They all seem to be working well together, so I hope if there's any temptation to bring in a more glamorous name like Mourinho, they'll be able to resist it. (I think Mourinho would be wise not to take the gig anyway)

Robson deserved to go and was sacked far, far too late.  The players turned on him as much as anything.  Piss poor away form, indifferent home performances and some bad signings finished him.  NUFC’s poor timing and even worse idea of a replacement was the issue, not showing Robson the door

Agree that we don’t know PIF’s thoughts though.

edit: also, no-one ‘hounded’ Robson out, regardless of what RTG says.  People didn’t stay for a lap of honour vs Wolves, after we chucked away 4th.  Neither did I, the beer wasn’t going to drink itself. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Just now, RS said:

What Howe did at Bournemouth shouldn’t be discounted either. 

Agreed, and I don’t think it should be.  It’s not Ferguson’s previous mind.  Besides, Howe hasn’t had three finishes in four outside the top ten.  I don’t think he’d survive that, and I doubt a single person on here would want him to stay if he had.  

29 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Is it really though?

The overall position I’m advocating is patience. The owners have told us this is a slow burn due to the FFP shield for the protected 6. The same should apply for EH. 
   You will obviously get a portion of “I want it now” supporters due to expectations and ignorance, but I’d counter that with any coach would currently struggle here when they still have a squad relying on Matt Richie playing. 

1 minute ago, RS said:

The overall position I’m advocating is patience. The owners have told us this is a slow burn due to the FFP shield for the protected 6. The same should apply for EH. 
   You will obviously get a portion of “I want it now” supporters due to expectations and ignorance, but I’d counter that with any coach would currently struggle here when they still have a squad relying on Matt Richie playing. 

Likewise mate, I agree completely.

The unknown is PIF, and I doubt they give a solitary shite what people think.  That’s the only worry about this - that there is a chance that they take a different view of current form and take an opportunity in the coming months to go and get a ‘name’ manager.  Personally, I’d rather give Howe time and space to develop his squad - he’ll make mistakes, but let him learn from them.  I think he’s made errors this year, but I’m looking forward to seeing how he rectifies them (I think he will).  But the money at the club may have a different view.  Who knows?

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I can’t believe this purely hypothetical situation I’ve created in my head is on the cards

Crackers, isn’t it?  We’re sixth in the table with half a squad to come back.

If we were sixth bottom at this point I’d understand probing questions being asked.  At the moment, it feels like creases to be ironed out, not massive gaping problems caused by a shite manager!

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Just to follow-on, I can’t be chewed with people jumping on people for offering criticisms of anything he’s done - especially the ‘you’re hounding him out’ stuff.  That’s just football fans talking about football; part of the fun is talking about what you would have done different (doesn’t mean anyone knows more than Howe).  Anyone saying he should be sacked is just daft, though.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle