Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just rewatch the Tonali debut, he was comfortably the best player on the park that day in a role where he dominated from a right sided 8 role but was all action, defending and keeping the game ticking over. He looked sensational. 

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just rewatch the Tonali debut, he was comfortably the best player on the park that day in a role where he dominated from a right sided 8 role but was all action, defending and keeping the game ticking over. He looked sensational. 

Feels like this is only available in black and white. 

13 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I don’t think that contradicts what Jagten or I said tbf

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I have been watching compilations of him last few weeks as well. I honestly can't wait till he's back. He will be an incredible signing in the long run.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Casey is a complete nutter, but the  parallels are there.

Interesting, just skimmed it but this bit :lol: I'm convinced none of the other top sides could have done much better with so few fit players.

Dortmund were not only suffering from injuries to several key players - Klopp called it "the worst injury crisis in the history of football" - which meant they were unable to rotate as often as the manager wanted, but the packed schedule also led to less time on the training pitch in which to iron out their mounting problems in what became a vicious cycle.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Casey is a complete nutter, but the  parallels are there.

In what way was our injuries caused by our playstyle? Willock (not even from this season), Isak and Wilson possibly.. But the rest of the long term ones wasn't. I've said this before. Botman, Barnes, Manquillo and Targett didn't get injured due to fatigue. They had not played that much yet this season when they got injured. Murphy, Pope, Burn and Anderson (?) injured themselves when falling. Tonali didn't get suspended because of our intense playstyle. Added games does increase the chance of freak injuries aswell, but very few of our long term injuries are down to intense playstyle or fatigue from the amount of games they've played.

The injuries and suspension were just bad luck mostly. The fatigue issue we have now could've probably been handeled in a different way though, even with the injuries that we had.

Edited by Erikse

I think attributing Wilson’s injuries to our style of play is too much mind. We give him 3 days off after playing and he’s still getting crocked and generally looking not fully fit. Even under Bruce’s ‘put your feet up, lads’ regime he missed a lot of football. It’s just him, he’s made of glass.

19 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think attributing Wilson’s injuries to our style of play is too much mind. We give him 3 days off after playing and he’s still getting crocked and generally looking not fully fit. Even under Bruce’s ‘put your feet up, lads’ regime he missed a lot of football. It’s just him, he’s made of glass.

Yeah exactly. Probably can't blame Longstaffs ankle issue on the playstyle either. So we're pretty much left with just Willock from last season and Isak from this season who may have suffered injuries from playing too many games or due to the intense playstyle. Plus some minor absences like for example with big Joe.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I love Callum but we missed the opportunity to let him go and book some FFP gains last summer. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but players with extensive injury histories are a big drag on performance. 

52 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I love Callum but we missed the opportunity to let him go and book some FFP gains last summer. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but players with extensive injury histories are a big drag on performance. 

Wouldn't have got much for him, that's why he ended up here to start with but I was saying on here in the Summer we needed another forward.

19 minutes ago, madras said:

Wouldn't have got much for him, that's why he ended up here to start with but I was saying on here in the Summer we needed another forward.

I think we get 20m for him last summer, he scored a lot of goals last season. 

26 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

And was injured a lot and not getting younger.

42 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Problem is that selling players to upgrade them for a significantly larger fee didn't work well with our FFP restrictions in terms of building squad depth. I know he is injured a lot, but we needed more depth in several positions, and we would probably not get that much for Wilson compared to what it would cost to get a good replacement. They wanted to buy without selling decent players, unless we could get the same fee back from the sale like with ASM and Barnes.

Edited by Erikse

10 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Problem is that selling players to upgrade them for a significantly larger fee didn't work well with our FFP restrictions in terms of building squad depth. I know he is injured a lot, but we needed more depth in several positions, and we would probably not get that much for Wilson compared to what it would cost to get a good replacement. They wanted to buy without selling decent players, unless we could get the same fee back from the sale like with ASM and Barnes.

It’s true, it’s not ideal as you need a replacement but that’s going to be the case for awhile, no way around it. Now the situation will be worst as he’s worth less than he was and likely to leave for free at the end of contract whilst spending a lot of time injured. It’s a lose lose for us. 

I get that’s it’s unpalatable as he’s very likeable and done the business for us, but you have to sell at the top so you can continue to invest. 

From 7:00 minutes.

The owners fully back Howe, in it for the long haul with Eddie, and believe he's the man to take the club forward and will stick together ❤️  cheers Keith

"unequivocally backed" Staveley 

Edited by mighty__mag

8 hours ago, McDog said:

If Eddie got sacked I imagine the squad reaction would be just dandy.....:sad:

Luis Enrique nearly got PSG dumped out of the CL this year. And hasn't set the world alight there.

He spectacularly failed with Spain previously, and was accused of snubbing Real Madrid players, he's that petty.

Doesn't seem like the character we would want or need in the dressing room.

48 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Luis Enrique nearly got PSG dumped out of the CL this year. And hasn't set the world alight there.

He spectacularly failed with Spain previously, and was accused of snubbing Real Madrid players, he's that petty.

Doesn't seem like the character we would want or need in the dressing room.

He isn’t. We have our man! 

:howe:

10 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Can only get rid of Howe if there's a World class manager availiable.

.. Is there?

No! Luis Enrique would have been nice.

We already have a world class manager.