Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I genuinely think we will spend very little in the coming summer. Likely just 1 or 2 30m signings. 

We won’t have major changes. Howe needs to promote from the youth if he wants to have more usable players for selection

[emoji38]

Even the promoted sides will spend more than that. Depending on various things, I'm fairly sure we will be spending 150m + on 4/5 first team signings.

Of course that depends on what deals you can do and how much you end up forking out on our main targets.

Edited by STM

Don’t care how much we spend tbh, as long as we improve the team which I’m sure we will. I think we will see a moves to really strengthen the starting 11. 3 maybe 4 first team buys. 

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t care how much we spend tbh, as long as we improve the team which I’m sure we will. I think we will see a moves to really strengthen the starting 11. 3 maybe 4 first team buys. 

And that already cost close to 150m. Of course we need to care how much we can spend….

I imagine this Summer will be just as busy with outs as it is with ins. Think in terms of the first team Wilson and Almiron move on, likely for a combined 30m or so. Sadly I do think we lose Bruno to PSG, which will be close to 100m. Think we will end up spending close to 200m, but with outgoings think the net will be an outlay of 60-70m. 

Think the marquee signings will be a wide forward, a CM and a LB. 

Think there will likely be a raw young CB brought in with the idea they gradually take over from Schar. Same at striker. Think Minteh is kept in the squad next season as well. 

Been watching some FPL content - even casual observers are picking up on the Burn thing and the lack of ado by Howe about it.

Anyway...

I think if we qualify for Europe we either sell 1 big player or a few older players. Not both. I think someone hinted there would be some wriggle room in the summer if we qualified for Europe - if we don't then anything can happen.

3 hours ago, STM said:

[emoji38]

Even the promoted sides will spend more than that. Depending on various things, I'm fairly sure we will be spending 150m + on 4/5 first team signings.

Of course that depends on what deals you can do and how much you end up forking out on our main targets.

Player wages + transfer amortisation for the current season is likely over £300m.  Given UEFA’s changes to FSR, we’ll need to start getting that under control - yes, next season you’re allowed 90% of those items vs turnover, but the year after it drops to 70%.  The usual PL rules also apply.  At the moment, I don’t see how our income increases next season compared to this season.  The adidas deals balances the loss of Champions League revenue.  Basically, we might not have a huge amount of wriggle-room without money coming in.  I don’t doubt we’ll make signings though.  

On 15/02/2024 at 11:11, TheBrownBottle said:

Player wages + transfer amortisation for the current season is likely over £300m.  Given UEFA’s changes to FSR, we’ll need to start getting that under control - yes, next season you’re allowed 90% of those items vs turnover, but the year after it drops to 70%.  The usual PL rules also apply.  At the moment, I don’t see how our income increases next season compared to this season.  The adidas deals balances the loss of Champions League revenue.  Basically, we might not have a huge amount of wriggle-room without money coming in.  I don’t doubt we’ll make signings though.  

I reckon we’ll make one “big”

signing plus a few young players for the future. 

There is wiggle room whether we qualify for Europe or not assuming we are ok taking the maximum amount of losses in every three year period.

I expect us to be very active this summer unless there’s suddenly a concerted effort for the club to be self sufficient, which I’d find surprising and disappointing this quickly.

Not learning his lessons. We've got a few useable options on the bench now and he's making the same Dan Burn shaped mistake every single week. Pissing goals for fun because pacey players are running down that flank, and yet he won't play the full back with plenty pace in favour of a tall lad who's getting ran. It's getting ridiculous now, sick to fucking death of it. He's either stubborn to KK levels or has his head in the sand to it, it's so bloody obvious.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Not learning his lessons. We've got a few useable options on the bench now and he's making the same Dan Burn shaped mistake every single week. Pissing goals for fun because pacey players are running down that flank, and yet he won't play the full back with plenty pace in favour of a tall lad who's getting ran. It's getting ridiculous now, sick to fucking death of it. He's either stubborn to KK levels or has his head in the sand to it, it's so bloody obvious.

People have been saying "he will learn" every time - Yet the same thing as when he came here is still the problem - The gap between defensive unit and midfield unit is still there, its been there since he took over and he has not fucking learned no matter how many goals has come through the big gap. Then we have the "Dan Burn MUST start" thing. Came straight back in after his injury even though Tino has been great. And yet again Burn has been rinsed on his side and wasnt taken off until he really cooked it up. He needs to wake up.

Its definitely a concern now how shit we've looked lately and how many goals we're conceding. When you look at the opposition you'd swear we were down in the bottom half fighting to stay up alongside them rather than a team with European ambitions. I'm not gonna say its all on Howe because in an ideal world he wouldn't be playing that piss poor midfield week in week out but surely we can do better than this? Burn has been a big problem for weeks and he is still persisting with him and I genuinely fear for us next week if its Burn vs Saka. 

Genuine question and I’m not saying he should be under pressure now, but how long until he genuinely is? Obvious injury’s aren’t helping but he also isn’t helping himself recently.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Genuine question and I’m not saying he should be under pressure now, but how long until he genuinely is? Obvious injury’s aren’t helping but he also isn’t helping himself recently.

image.gif.6387ea9aef80a05bd15ea3b4893562cf.gif

Totally reasonable to ask questions given some of the results we've had this season, like. Injuries or not, it's looked like too many games just pass this team of players by.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Shouldn't be under any pressure this season. If the end of the season is seriously underwhelming he will be shouldering a degree of pressure going into next season but that comes with the territory. 

Oh come on Bournemouth is a good side, a point would be an acceptable result, we rarely get good results against them anyway

My prediction for tomorrows posts here