Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Would have more faith in Minteh causing problems than Almiron and Murphy

Has the most assists per 90 minutes in the league to be fair to him (and is in the top percentile across the big 5 leagues in the past year). Don't think he belongs in this group.

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Neither do you, but PIF certainly do

You're the one running off at the mouth about him being under pressure when you have no knowledge, say or power regarding his situation.

You're not a part of PIF man, so just pipe down.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

This is just fucking idiotic and I know you’re better than that, man. Once again, it is absolute hubris for you to be so confident  that you see how it really is while others are totally wrong. 

you are just a cynic at times, man. All that means is that you are likely more miserable getting to some end result.

I just call out obvious errors. He will be given next season and rightly so. He will be under pressure though as European football is essential to the owners plans of getting the club to assist with revenue for FFP. That's just a fact and it's certainly not brainless or outspoken to say that 

The only real gripe I had with the lineup was Murphy in there ahead of Barnes, but then he started well and ultimately provided a really good assist. Do feel like we need to get Barnes in there though.

I think he probably knows Pope is better than Dubravka so I assume there's good reason for why he went with Dubs.

Just now, Smal said:

Has the most assists per 90 minutes in the league to be fair to him (and is in the top percentile across the big 5 leagues in the past year). Don't think he belongs in this group.

I don't care really, he is terrible in general play and it causes too many problems over the course of the game.

We don't have the luxury of just carrying him, until he is in position to put in a first time cross for an assist.

Howe needs to learn to be confident and deliver under pressure. To end the season without Europe from where we were is shite. Give me shit all you want but performances need to improve. We’ve been shit in most recent games. 

Posted (edited)

Still have 100% faith in Eddie but he needs to be ruthless in the summer , is a good 5 or 6 of them that started tonight that should either be sold or be nowhere near our starting 11 next season .

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

The only real gripe I had with the lineup was Murphy in there ahead of Barnes, but then he started well and ultimately provided a really good assist. Do feel like we need to get Barnes in there though.

I think he probably knows Pope is better than Dubravka so I assume there's good reason for why he went with Dubs.

Aye, same.

Murphy does have good moments in him, his delivery can be excellent, but I find all other attributes of his game are so variable that they can really hinder us in general play. He's not canny with the ball, it's a bit all or nothing depending on his one trick.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Nobody will ever know why.

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No I just see things as they really are, people like you defending no matter what and when you're called out you spit your dummies out

Just saying it how it is.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Still have 100% faith in Eddie but he needs to be ruthless in the summer , is a good 5 or 6 of them that started tonight that should either be sold or be nowhere near our starting 11 next season .

The ruthless thing thrown around is ridiculous tbh. You can’t be ruthless if no one wants your players, and FFP restrictions mean you can’t spend much.

Just now, et tu brute said:

I just call out obvious errors. He will be given next season and rightly so. He will be under pressure though as European football is essential to the owners plans of getting the club to assist with revenue for FFP. That's just a fact and it's certainly not brainless or outspoken to say that 

It’s idiotic to say what you said before this. You haven’t shown any brilliant powers of prognostication, nor has anyone else here really. You are not some brave whistleblower telling us the hard truths. You are in the pool with the rest of us peasants, but just sometimes make the experience unpleasant for everyone. That’s all. 

Just now, KaKa said:

You're the one running off at the mouth about him being under pressure when you have no knowledge, say or power regarding his situation.

You're not a part of PIF man, so just pipe down.

Read my post below, it you don't think not getting European football has repercussions on the overall plan and getting the most out of FFP, then you're just clueless. He will be given next season and rightly so, but another finishing position like this season then I've no doubt he won't be in the job next summers 

Posted (edited)

Didn't play badly. Deserved a draw. Man U are shite relative to where they should be, but ultimately still a good side. 

Fìn. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Read my post below, it you don't think not getting European football has repercussions on the overall plan and getting the most out of FFP, then you're just clueless. He will be given next season and rightly so, but another finishing position like this season then I've no doubt he won't be in the job next summers 

Quit rambling man.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The ruthless thing thrown around is ridiculous tbh. You can’t be ruthless if no one wants your players, and FFP restrictions mean you can’t spend much.

Either way he does have his favourites that always seem to play no matter what and even when they aren't very good .

It won't happen obviously but I would go as far as saying that only Isak, Bruno , Gordon and Hall of the players that started tonight should be getting regular game time for us next season .

Edited by Geogaddi

I don't understand why some of you get so rattled when it's pointed out that he might be under some pressure right now and heading into the next season. He's not your dad you know? He's had a tough and difficult season having to deal with so many injuries and the Tonali situation and has done reasonably well all things considered. 

There's been some amazing games and there's been some abysmal ones. It is what it is. The business is absolutely ruthless. Just look at other clubs in the country.

I'm certain if we can keep injuries at bay and shift some of the deadwood in the squad, he will have a truly excellent season again. Time will tell.

Posted (edited)

Murphy has a good delivery in him but hes too weak.. Loses any 50/50 that he contests or is afraid to contest..Maybe its harsh but we cant afford passengers if our journey is to go to the very top, let alone 4 passengers each lineup

Edited by johnny36

I’m assuming Pope musn’t be ready to return. Wouldn’t bother putting him on bench if so, i’d rather see Karius in goal than Dubravka. 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s idiotic to say what you said before this. You haven’t shown any brilliant powers of prognostication, nor has anyone else here really. You are not some brave whistleblower telling us the hard truths. You are in the pool with the rest of us peasants, but just sometimes make the experience unpleasant for everyone. That’s all. 

I have my opinion nothing more. If it's that unpleasant (as for anyone else) you're more than welcome to put me on ignore. After all you're just a person on a message board who I'll nearly certainly never meet face to face. I'm not some whistleblower, all I'm saying is that in my opinion he will be under massive pressure and then what happens is that some spit their dummies out instead of actually trying to give their opinion on why they think that is not the case. It was the same with Rafa also when he was manager.

If we finish 8th then serious questions need to be raised about him tactically. Definitely mitigating circumstances this season but I have big doubts about this uber-press style and it's ability to win big games and sustain throughout a season going forward. We have very little control in games.
If he starts next season poorly i'd be looking at Hoeness or Fonseca come November time.

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

Howe needs to learn to be confident and deliver under pressure. To end the season without Europe from where we were is shite. Give me shit all you want but performances need to improve. We’ve been shit in most recent games. 

Where we were when? 

1 minute ago, Donut said:

I don't understand why some of you get so rattled when it's pointed out that he might be under some pressure right now and heading into the next season. He's not your dad you know? He's had a tough and difficult season having to deal with so many injuries and the Tonali situation and has done reasonably well all things considered. 

There's been some amazing games and there's been some abysmal ones. It is what it is. The business is absolutely ruthless. Just look at other clubs in the country.

I'm certain if we can keep injuries at bay and shift some of the deadwood in the squad, he will have a truly excellent season again. Time will tell.

It’s not unreasonable at all, but it doesn’t help when posters post it with such blatant hubris, and often fail to admit the times they themselves have been wrong.

the Pope thing is weird, like. I think he should explain it. 

If it's unsafe for him to be in goal then surely he shouldn't be on the bench. 

Just now, Smal said:

the Pope thing is weird, like. I think he should explain it. 

If it's unsafe for him to be in goal then surely he shouldn't be on the bench. 

Surely we know there’s a big difference between being unsafe to play and fully fit.