Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Posted (edited)

We know by now, he doesn’t tweak personnel until 60 mins he tweaks the system and it works more often than not. Instantly we go 4-4-2 out of possession with Gordon central and then score from a wide cross to a central Gordon. Then we concede a silly one from a corner, why no one comes to close down Amad after he’s had that opportunity 3 times I don’t know.. player issue. We’ve had the superior chances so far tonight, fine margin stuff as it usually is away at Old Trafford. 

His hands are tied fitness wise with the midfield selection, Longstaff is injured but fitter than Joe. It is what it is, with a fit Joe Anderson won’t start.

No doubt if we don’t get a result here he will have picked the wrong team though [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Bottled it with his starting XI sadly.

Continuing to play Dubs is absurd at this point. Oh well.

It’s almost like he has access to training every week and Popes medical record, no way on earth does he start Dubravka if Pope is ready 

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

It’s almost like he has access to training every week and Popes medicals record, no way on earth does he start Dubravka if Pope is ready 

Pope with no arms is better than Dubs. Shouldn't be on the bench if he's not fit to play.

As the predictable nonces laying this at Howe's door will soon drown out this thread - we had enough chances to win that 4-3, comfortably and couldn't finish. He can't score it for them.

2 goals lost through defensive stupidity rather than any issue with system. 

Howe is still absolutely the man - no time for anyone who whinges otherwise. I'm out 

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

It’s almost like he has access to training every week and Popes medical record, no way on earth does he start Dubravka if Pope is ready 

What’s the point of him being on the bench if he isn’t ready to start ? Genuine question btw, if Dubs was to get injured a minute in, Pope would play a full match.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

It’s almost like he has access to training every week and Popes fitness examinations, no way on earth does he start Dubravka if Pope is ready 

I can't be having this mind...

Pope will start vs Brentford and that means 3 days was the difference.

On the other hand, I hate seeing this thread bumped, because I love Howe and I'm fully behind him.

Not going to pile on Eddie but we've absolutely bottled tonight and I'm sure he'll be absolutely fuming at some of the individual performances - Trippier in particular.

The injuries have been part of it but he needs to find us our edge away from home again next season. Other than a few performances against the bottom feeders we've been absolutely limp and easy to play against away from home nearly all season. No way should we be on the end of a loss tonight.

He'll reflect and be back better for the summer break (after Brentford) no doubt and it's gonna be a huge window. I just hope he doesn't take too long to bed the new signings in as we can't rely on the B-team lot like Longstaff, Anderson, Krafth, Murphy etc much longer for anything other than cameos and rotation. 

Mind you, the one thing I will criticise him for is continuing to pick that cunt Dubravka when Pope is available again. If he's been fit enough to sit on the bench the last few games, he's fit enough to play and he's a world better than the dickhead between the posts currently.

Just now, STM said:

I can't be having this mind...

Pope will start vs Brentford and that means 3 days was the difference.

On the other hand, I hate seeing this thread bumped, because I love Howe and I'm fully behind him.

There is no chance Howe is not aware of the difference between Pope and Dubs to this system let alone raw GK ability, if he’s fit without risk he starts 

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

As the predictable nonces laying this at Howe's door will soon drown out this thread - we had enough chances to win that 4-3, comfortably and couldn't finish. He can't score it for them.

2 goals lost through defensive stupidity rather than any issue with system. 

Howe is still absolutely the man - no time for anyone who whinges otherwise. I'm out 

Liquid I'm with you mate, I genuinely am, but sometimes there is the odd justified frustration that deserves a whinge. Don't try and fix the ones who hated Howe before and after.

When it works we look a good team. We need to find a way of getting that consistency back. I don't know what the answer is but it's frustrating as fuck to be decent one game and shite the next.

Just now, Nine said:

There is no chance Howe is not aware of the difference between Pope and Dubs to this system let alone raw GK ability, if he’s fit without risk he starts 

How much you want to bet that he starts vs Brentford? And if he does, my point stands.

Just now, STM said:

Liquid I'm with you mate, I genuinely am, but sometimes there is the odd justified frustration that deserves a whinge. Don't try and fix the ones who hated Howe before and after.

Not tonight tbh. We set up to win that, lapses from individuals fucked it.

Just now, 1892er said:

When it works we look a good team. We need to find a way of getting that consistency back. I don't know what the answer is but it's frustrating as fuck to be decent one game and shite the next.

I can't remember the last game where we controlled the game. We've battered teams but I've not seen us control a game for a while. The two are different. Sometime our quality has seen us score for fun without actually looking fully in control like last season. 

It just feels like he sometimes shits himself and big occasions and today was another example, i love his brand of football but he need to learn how to manage the team better otherwise we'll always be good but not winning anything,

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, STM said:

I can't remember the last game where we controlled the game. We've battered teams but I've not seen us control a game for a while. The two are different. Sometime our quality has seen us score for fun without actually looking fully in control like last season. 

Agreed. We seem to lack a little bit coherence and we've relied a lot more on individual bits of quality this season compared to last.

Edited by 1892er

4 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Not tonight tbh. We set up to win that, lapses from individuals fucked it.

Agree with this.

I don't think I've ever seen us have so many chances at OT and we got the usual fuck all from the ref. 

Still in our hands to finish above these spawny cunts.

Tonight summed the season up really, played well in spells but just not good enough consistently, and way too sloppy at the back. 

When you look at the team we've started with for most of the season, and particularly the bench, it would be hard to argue it as being better than the 7th or 8th best lineup in the league. We are where we belong. Pretty much a "par" season from Eddie, all things considered.