Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

That is a very honest set of quotes from Eddie. Hopefully every player who may have been uncertain about their future - Miggy, Trippier, Wilson Gordon, Longstaff, Targett - can get their head right because we can still have a very good season. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That is a very honest set of quotes from Eddie. Hopefully every player who may have been uncertain about their future - Miggy, Trippier, Wilson Gordon, Longstaff, Targett - can get their head right because we can still have a very good season. 

They are professional footballers. I’m sure the Geordio home crowd will help them, as will Eddie and his staff. Follow Marc Guehi’s example.

Thought it was a very good press conference, as expected he has a realistic view of finances and a good relationship with the other people at the club. 

And repeatedly said we did not just put all our eggs in the Guehi basket. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

If Eddie is being stubborn and rejecting cheaper targets from foreign leagues, he is playing a dangerous game. Mitchell has been brought in to find better value in the transfer market, not to splash record fees on PL players. I will imagine Mitchell, Eales and PIF will act quickly should there be a run of poor results. They will want a manager that aligns with their recruitment strategy. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thought it was a very good press conference, as expected he has a realistic view of finances and a good relationship with the other people at the club. 

And repeatedly said we did not just put all our eggs in the Guehi basket. 

He also said a lot of players had been unsettled this summer, and part of the reason for the difficult window has been the changing structure of the club. He’s very skilfully put a positive slant on an absolute mess of a situation. 

4 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

If Eddie is being stubborn and rejecting cheaper targets from foreign leagues, he is playing a dangerous game. Mitchell has been brought in to find better value in the transfer market, not to splash record fees on PL players. I will imagine Mitchell, Eales and PIF will act quickly should there be a run of poor results. They will want a manager that aligns with their recruitment strategy. 

This is such 2 + 2 = 5 thinking. 

18 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

This is such 2 + 2 = 5 thinking. 

He's not wrong on why Mitchell's been brought in though, his speciality is bringing in players with big potential, and he will need to do that in future windows if we can't afford to spend big on the finished article.

5 hours ago, junkhead said:

Very hard press conference, must watch for anybody worried about the failure this window. 

Absolute master class from EH. We are so lucky to have him. Wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in the league. Especially so in our current PSR quagmire…

"I've actually got another question..."

She's lucky the first one wasn't her last ever in that press room tbh. I've never been one for going in on her (Sunderland connection etc) but she's off her fucking rocker with the Tonali stuff. Wants a proper dressing down off whoever runs those things.

Just now, Yorkie said:

"I've actually got another question..."

She's lucky the first one wasn't her last ever in that press room tbh. I've never been one for going in on her (Sunderland connection etc) but she's off her fucking rocker with the Tonali stuff. Wants a proper dressing down off whoever runs those things.

Utterly bizarre line of questioning re Tonali, even more so than the last set of questions she asked about him which is a hell of an achievement. 

24 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

If you haven’t watched it, I’d urge you to. It’s a fucking brilliant press conference under the circumstances.

I'd prefer to make conclusions through the lens of tabloid hacks' interpretation of it, thank you very much. 

10 hours ago, nufcnick said:

Just speaking the truth, you telling me the side doesn’t already look stale and clueless? Every team we’re competing against has strengthened considerably, yet we have gone backwards because of someone’s apparent stubbornness, poor season ahead and in my view the only way to fix it will be a manger change in a few months. 

Pope, Barnes, Tonali, Joelinton, Trippier and Willock played how many games between them in 2024? "Stale" FFS. Get in the bin. Telling you how it is. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

If this isn't him having fin say and only wanting a couple of targets, then the next few days are going to be nervy as to whether he walks. He'd get the England job no bother, and would totally fuck us in the process, thats if he not part of the problem.