Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If this isn't him having fin say and only wanting a couple of targets, then the next few days are going to be nervy as to whether he walks. He'd get the England job no bother, and would totally fuck us in the process, thats if he not part of the problem.

Seriously man, just watch the press conference. That is not a man who’s about to walk. He’s very very pragmatic, repeats multiple times that the working relationships are good, and that everyone has been working to do what is right within the constraints we have. But he repeats that once we reach the 4th or 5th player on our list for each position, we have to make a decision on whether we just wait until the next window.

People seem desperate to create drama where there is very little. It’s been a poor window, partly because of PSR, partly because of decisions we have made due to the PSR constraints. It doesn’t really have to be any more dramatic than that. Disappointing, but we move on.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Seriously man, just watch the press conference. That is not a man who’s about to walk. He’s very very pragmatic, repeats multiple times that the working relationships are good, and that everyone has been working to do what is right within the constraints we have. But he repeats that once we reach the 4th or 5th player on our list for each position, we have to make a decision on whether we just wait until the next window.

People seem desperate to create drama where there is very little. It’s been a poor window, partly because of PSR, partly because of decisions we have made due to the PSR constraints. It doesn’t really have to be any more dramatic than that. Disappointing, but we move on.

Roll up our sleeves 

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If this isn't him having fin say and only wanting a couple of targets, then the next few days are going to be nervy as to whether he walks. He'd get the England job no bother, and would totally fuck us in the process, thats if he not part of the problem.

I don’t think he’s innocent in it all. Not saying he is the ultimate problem, but do think he has possibly been stubborn and difficult to work with. That old post from the Bournemouth fan posted yesterday, coupled with Hope’s article last night is where I draw that conclusion from. Also rumours of Ashworth not being impressed with Howe’s influence. 

We shall see, but if that is the case the club is going nowhere unless something serious happens. Be it scrapping the SD model or getting in a head coach who is aligned to it. 

Being well-versed in Howeanese there were moments in his presser where it was obvious what his real feelings were imo. Particularly when he was asked if the squad was better off now than 12 months ago and after the question about whether we're moving forward or not.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

When it was going pretty good here in early 2023, there was some grim shit said during that January transfer window. These next few months are going to be a blast.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Being well-versed in Howeanese there were moments in his presser where it was obvious what his real feelings were imo. Particularly when he was asked if the squad was better off now than 12 months ago and after the question about whether we're moving forward or not.

🤷‍♂️ He seemed pretty honest to me. He said he wouldn’t argue with people if they thought we were weaker now, but that he backs himself to train the team to make them better.

people have been leaping all over the place for weeks now having been fed twitter bollocks and tidbits from individuals masquerading as journalists.

Look at the outcome, it should tell you everything.

If the injury front is kind we can still challenge top 5 this season

I always appreciate the way Eddie Howe handles press conferences. He's very well-spoken and comes across as a controlled, intelligent person. I thought he walked a tightrope today with regard to being honest while not passing the blame or casting aspersions on the recruitment personnel. His demeanor spoke to his disappointment and frustration, but he certainly seemed determined to continue and put things right. He has a chance now to do his thing "on the grass", as Eales put it, and try to squeeze out results from a largely unchanged squad. 

Clearly as a club we fucked this window royally. I don't know whether to blame Eddie Howe, Paul Mitchell, Yasir al-Rumayyan, or the PSR changes. It doesn't matter to me. This was a failure on all parties to communicate and to effectively pursue the help we so desperately needed. It can't happen again. But none of that has anything to do with the job Howe has done for the club over the last two years. It's silly and counterproductive to assert otherwise. It's been a fantastic run and long may it continue, in spite of this shambles of a window.

Just now, Memphis said:

I always appreciate the way Eddie Howe handles press conferences. He's very well-spoken and comes across as a controlled, intelligent person. I thought he walked a tightrope today with regard to being honest while not passing the blame or casting aspersions on the recruitment personnel. His demeanor spoke to his disappointment and frustration, but he certainly seemed determined to continue and put things right. He has a chance now to do his thing "on the grass", as Eales put it, and try to squeeze out results from a largely unchanged squad. 

Clearly as a club we fucked this window royally. I don't know whether to blame Eddie Howe, Paul Mitchell, Yasir al-Rumayyan, or the PSR changes. It doesn't matter to me. This was a failure on all parties to communicate and to effectively pursue the help we so desperately needed. It can't happen again. But none of that has anything to do with the job Howe has done for the club over the last two years. It's silly and counterproductive to assert otherwise. It's been a fantastic run and long may it continue, in spite of this shambles of a window.

This is a disgustingly reasonable post. Shame on you.

3 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Who let this smarty pants in?

16 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Crystal Palace held onto Guehi AND signed Chalaboah on loan from Chelsea. Would Chalaboah really not have been good enough to do better than Krafth as a CB?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Crystal Palace held onto Guehi AND signed Chalaboah on loan from Chelsea. Would Chalaboah really not have been good enough to do better than Krafth as a CB?

Our shittest right back is playing CB alongside our shittest LB from last season [emoji38]

13 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

🤷‍♂️ He seemed pretty honest to me. He said he wouldn’t argue with people if they thought we were weaker now, but that he backs himself to train the team to make them better.

Howe's a fantastic politician, I think if you get in tune with him you can tell what his true feelings are by what leaves out of what he says while maintaining a level of plausible deniability.

Watch the bits about whether we've progressed and whether we're better off than 12 months ago again. 

He says he'll choose to be positive and talks about injured players coming back as a reason we're in a good (not better) position. 

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Maybe, but would it have been worth spending (what I assume is) a chunky loan fee for a player who wouldn’t start for us when everyone’s fit come November?

When Krath will only be starting at CB for one more game all being well.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Maybe, but would it have been worth spending (what I assume is) a chunky loan fee for a player who wouldn’t start for us when everyone’s fit come November?

:thup: No

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Fair point, but can only assume Palace got a different loan fee quote than ourselves since they had no problem coughing it up.

25 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Well said 👏 

All it would take is 3 wins on the spin, and people would be well over it, the opposite, and its Howe out, bla bla,

totally fickle at times, all of us tbf.

I'm still buzzing over Sandro, can't wait to see more, and I'd hope Howe can develop and integrate Sanusi into the side a little. 

31 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Some brilliant posts here mate :thup:

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Why would it be a chunky loan fee when Chelsea wanted rid? Likely just covering his wages.

With Chalobah, it’s more he’s potentially a future squad CB too. A loan we could’ve seen first hand if he was worth making a squad signing, who can play RB too. 

5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Why would it be a chunky loan fee when Chelsea wanted rid? Likely just covering his wages.

With Chalobah, it’s more he’s potentially a future squad CB too. A loan we could’ve seen first hand if he was worth making a squad signing, who can play RB too. 

It’s pretty common place for loans to include a loan fee these days.

Mind you, you are also speaking to someone who doesn’t really rate Chalobah and don’t really see him as much of an upgrade on anyone we have in that position.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It’s pretty common place for loans to include a loan fee these days.

Mind you, you are also speaking to someone who doesn’t really rate Chalobah and don’t really see him as much of an upgrade on anyone we have in that position.

He's quite a lot better than both Krafth and Lascelles, who we're now going to have to give a decent amount of game time.

Just now, Beren said:

Don't imagine Chelsea are particularly interested in strengthening a Newcastle team who finished 3 points behind them for loan fee change.

will chalobah be playing for palace?

wouldnt have fancied travelling to the other side of the country to just sit on the bench again.