Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Also the ground was laid for the lack of signings before Mitchell even arrived. And I guess not helped by the departure of Ashworth.

The setup has been a bit chaotic but I don’t think you can attribute it to the developing relationship between Howe and Mitchell. Not yet anyway. 

Whatever is going on they need to find a compromise, it's felt like everyone at the club has been pulling in the same direction over the last few years, we don't need internal politics throwing a spanner in the works. The summer was an obvious failure and can't be allowed to happen again. 

It seems there has been disagreement behind the scenes. It's probably a bit of ego and a bit of seeking compromise, but it's hard to tell with the sensationalist spin on everything to do with it. 

As others have said, we'll find out in January.

I'm watching the presser, and this stood out:

"I feel good. I'm very happy on the training pitch for me. That's my, not being too soppy, that's my happiest environment. Coaching, helping the players, being with them, is what this job is all about. And then, of course, you enter game day and you go into a different head space. It's about competing and trying to win. But no, I'm enjoying myself."

37 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think it's probably a case of no smoke without fire, it does seem likely that there are some issues behind the scenes. 

I think it is probably a case of fanning embers to create smoke and fire. I’m hopeful that the people involved know what is really going on and aren’t paranoid about there being ‘real’ issues they were previously unaware of. 
Best case scenario is that external threat creates a stronger bond and increased awareness of the desirability of not letting such noise divide; effective leadership structures needs to be tight, shouldn’t be able to get a cigarette paper between them. 

26 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Just caught the press conference. Some of the journos are absolutely desperate & shameless [emoji38]

Hope and Bird being the worst. Horrendous framing of questions.

can’t be arsed with Hope at all

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

Honestly the negative press spin on what for the most part was a positive press conference is hilarious :lol:

Lee Ryder doesn't half ask some draft questions

Didn't really see the drama with that.

Hope and Bird asked some very leading questions and he does seem less than impressed with some of Mitchell's comments.

But overall he said, he's happy, no one seems to be treading on his toes and ot sounds like he'll have minimal contact with Mitchell, which will help if they don't get on.

Largely positive for me.

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Getting his mates to quote tweet it now 

You not embarrassed yet, Craig?

IMG_0064.jpeg

He's an absolute fucking bell end is Hope. Just listened to the press conference and its no where near as bad as he's made out.

Look at him here retweeting stuff, he's desperate to cause a shit storm. Showing everyone what he's all about in my eyes.

Complete prick.

The written press seem to be trying to cause such a shit storm based on Howe's comment of not speaking to Mitchell since Mitchell's interview even though Howe said it was completely normal.

Fucken arseholes the lot of them.

Only natural the press are going to sensationalize everything. We used to be the laughing stock of the league for various "dramas" even pre-Ashley. But recent years we have been run extremely professionally, so they have had nothing to feed off.  

So if they sniff out the slightest issue that could help try and unsettle our quality manager so that we are less of a threat to their beloved cartel. Then they will take it.