Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I do find it slightly concerning that they've had no contact though. Seems a little bit weird to me.

Why? Why would they need to? I don't get it. Howe even said its not unusual.

Just now, hakka said:

Why? Why would they need to? I don't get it. Howe even said its not unusual.

I dunno like, we had a shit transfer window which both Howe and Mitchell said was disappointing. You'd think there would be a quick debriefing? I'd understand that them not meeting would be normal if there weren't so many questions around the window....

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I dunno like, we had a shit transfer window which both Howe and Mitchell said was disappointing. You'd think there would be a quick debriefing? I'd understand that them not meeting would be normal if there weren't so many questions around the window....

But they aren't strangers? They've no doubt been in contact and knew how things were going in last week and final day of window? Nothing has changed or come to light for them to discuss. We might have questions, but they know th answers. In fact, Howe gave them in the press conference before last game. 

1 minute ago, hakka said:

But they aren't strangers? They've no doubt been in contact and knew how things were going in last week and final day of window? Nothing has changed or come to light for them to discuss. We might have questions, but they know th answers. In fact, Howe gave them in the press conference before last game. 

That's why I only find it slightly concerning ;)

refuse to click on gutter journalism links from the Daily Mail, anyone who writes for them shouldn't be taken seriously 

the media in general seem desperate for more drama at the club, it's all quite pathetic especially the constant emojis and headlines trying to sensationalise everything 

suppose it might help create a seige mentality which hopefully Howe can use to the team's advantage 

The summer was an absolute failure and things clearly aren't hunky dory behind the scenes which has been gone over aplenty but Craig Hope has always been an obstinate pot stirring twat who loves the smell of his own shite.

1 hour ago, Ginola14 said:

refuse to click on gutter journalism links from the Daily Mail, anyone who writes for them shouldn't be taken seriously 

the media in general seem desperate for more drama at the club, it's all quite pathetic especially the constant emojis and headlines trying to sensationalise everything 

suppose it might help create a seige mentality which hopefully Howe can use to the team's advantage 

The media, on the whole, have despised us for decades now. The best we ever get from them is a pat on the head and a patronising comment along the lines of "daft Geordies".

Ever since the takeover, I've been hoping our club, staff and the fans take a leaf out of the old Millwall book -

"NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE!".

5 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Couldn't they have done that before Mitchell's interview?

5 hours ago, Ginola14 said:

Fans should also do this. Fuck all the DCs trying to upset our apple cart. We're making cider.

Edited by Heron

I guess I need to watch the press conference. Iike I said before, just feel like regardless if the journalists are making a meal out of this, it’s a completely unnecessary thing the club have gotten themselves into.

Howe joined us before Mitchell, Eales and Bunce. Howe has given practically his life to this job, Howe has given the fans belief, Howe attacks every match with the goal of winning, and Howe respects the supporters and is a class act on and off the football field. I’m backing him over any suit who thinks they know any better. 

I think that’s pretty obvious that after the summer window, Mitchell got the V for the transfer power. So the implication of “no contact” should be now Mitchell doesn’t need or want to discuss with Howe for future transfers / squad planning 

Which is what Howe dislike most. We all know that.

Edited by Zero

I just hope Mitchell doesn't focus his transfers on what the club needs in two or three years rather than what Eddie needs now !! I reckon Howe would leave if Mitchell had total control.