Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Got a lot of time for EH. 

One things that's bothered me since our good season, it seemed the basis was on over running and over powering teams. With that we frightened them into making mistakes and we capitalised well. 

I think the whole 'flog yourself til you die - every game' mentality has a limited lifespan. Especially among very good players. Because if you're noticeably better than the average Prem pro you shouldn't have  to kill yourself to win or draw. That's where your talent should pay off. 

Tactically I'm not sure we've consistentley cute and improving. 

Just now, Shelveys Hair said:

Had read Bunce (the performance director) had advised Eddie not to make training so intense to avoid injuries, it's probably why some of the players don't look fit.

This Mitchell and Bunce combo seems only to have halted progress, maybe they need to fk off back to the farmers league.

You know Mitchell directed sporting operations for Tottenham, right?

No patterns of play, reliance on widemen who just constantly come inside, could drive a bus through our midfield, can’t retain the ball, look fragile at the back and no composure in final 3rd.

Not sure where he starts to be honest, we just rely on that bit of magic constantly to bail us out, the biggest crime is we’ve got one of the best strikers in the league starved of service and isolated constantly.

2 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Everything is bad

Everyone is bad.

Ignore that we are 4th best team since he arrived

Pope. Gone

Gordon. Already at Liverpool

Schar bad.

Bruno bad.

Everyone bad. 

We have the worst team. The worst manager.

Trouble in the board.

Even the Saudis hate us

Where is our stadium.

How did I do? Bed wetting enough? 

You happy with the way we've been playing like? The signs have been there for over a season unfit players not playing with intensity no more, defence starting to leak at a crazy rate midfield getting bypassed with minimum effort. Playing favourites instead of your in form players. 

9 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Everything is bad

Everyone is bad.

Ignore that we are 4th best team since he arrived

Pope. Gone

Gordon. Already at Liverpool

Schar bad.

Bruno bad.

Everyone bad. 

We have the worst team. The worst manager.

Trouble in the board.

Even the Saudis hate us

Where is our stadium.

How did I do? Bed wetting enough? 

No need for that

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

For the first time in 9 attempts. 

Tbf they played better than us last season until we scored. They looked pretty good until then. They do have (on paper) inferior players tbd.

Oh well...

6 minutes ago, Shelveys Hair said:

Had read Bunce (the performance director) had advised Eddie not to make training so intense to avoid injuries, it's probably why some of the players don't look fit.

This Mitchell and Bunce combo seems only to have halted progress, maybe they need to fk off back to the farmers league.

Where’d you read this? Loony Toons Twitter?

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The big concern is the drop-off in intensity - I wonder if the lesson learned from last season is that that style just creates a long injury list

The way I see it, in that champions league season, that intense press was often lead by Wilson, Almiron and both Joe's from the left. Trippier pressed high from fullback too, and Botman and Schar defended from the halfway line allowing Bruno to push on. 

I don't think Isak, Gordon and Barnes press as efficiently as the front three from that season - Barnes isn't that kind of player, and Gordon is a bit of a headless chicken that just does it in bursts, I think Almiron for all his flaws presses with more intelligence and cuts the passing lanes off better. Isak is a lot more passive than Wilson. 

The midfield are badly exposed because the forward line is easier to play through and the defensive line is a lot deeper, probably due to ageing legs back there and fear of getting caught out. That's where a natural DM would probably help, but we don't really have one. 

I never understand why people come on into threads like this on their high horse and slate people for rightly criticising the way we've played recently. All this bed wetting, and welcome to NO stuff is stupid. This is a forum for discussion, we're allowed to criticise Howe, the players, anyone and anything whenever things are bad. Sure we may as well just lock all the threads in the football section until we win again at this rate. 

Two games in a row he's made multiple half time changes after we've had 3 years of him barely ever making them. 

Gordon and Barnes swapped wings incredibly early today.  

I love him but he's clearly struggling to work out our most effective team.

Just now, Decky said:

I never understand why people come on into threads like this on their high horse and slate people for rightly criticising the way we've played recently. All this bed wetting, and welcome to NO stuff is stupid. This is a forum for discussion, we're allowed to criticise Howe, the players, anyone and anything whenever things are bad. Sure we may as well just lock all the threads in the football section until we win again at this rate. 

Might be better for your mental health [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Got a lot of time for EH. 

One things that's bothered me since our good season, it seemed the basis was on over running and over powering teams. With that we frightened them into making mistakes and we capitalised well. 

I think the whole 'flog yourself til you die - every game' mentality has a limited lifespan. Especially among very good players. Because if you're noticeably better than the average Prem pro you shouldn't have  to kill yourself to win or draw. That's where your talent should pay off. 

Tactically I'm not sure we've consistentley cute and improving. 

I think good strong boys can keep that up. I look at Arsenal and they have that mentality now. They lose the ball they all burst back into shape.  They win the physical battle then the quality will shine.  

On paper we aren’t that much better than Fulham or most of the league. But we’ve lost that mental edge. We lose the ball and the lads amble back.  The press is laboured. 

That does lie on Howe. Lads don’t look motivated. Don’t look physically fit. And he has the same tactical/setup weaknesses we’ve had for a long time. That bit of tactical stubbornness or limitation I’ve charged it to the game and it’s almost forgivable. But the lack of work rate and physicality and ability in transition isn’t. That’s Howe’s USP for me.  That’s the point of a team with Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff, Barnes, Gordon, Isak, Tonali, Murphy, Livramento. It’s meant to outrun other teams and we haven’t don’t that once this season. 

6 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

You know Mitchell directed sporting operations for Tottenham, right?

So?

These 2 come in and one interferes in training and we don't look fit at all, the other cocks up transfers over his ego.

Intensity is what our game is about and without it we're bang average.. to keep it up we need to be fit as fk.