Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Two games in a row he's made multiple half time changes after we've had 3 years of him barely ever making them. 

Gordon and Barnes swapped wings incredibly early today.  

I love him but he's clearly struggling to work out our most effective team.

He does have more choices than he’s ever had before at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

I never understand why people come on into threads like this on their high horse and slate people for rightly criticising the way we've played recently. All this bed wetting, and welcome to NO stuff is stupid. This is a forum for discussion, we're allowed to criticise Howe, the players, anyone and anything whenever things are bad. Sure we may as well just lock all the threads in the football section until we win again at this rate. 

Howe got his tactics wrong at the start today but was also let down by 3+ individual errors for each of the goals.

I'd have taken 3 points from these last 2 games, personally. We haven't played well this season but we've got the results I'd have liked (not loved, but liked).

Onto the next game.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Away form still poor, but we’re half a dozen games into the season, plenty of time yet

The big concern is the drop-off in intensity - I wonder if the lesson learned from last season is that that style just creates a long injury list, but so far we don’t have a plan B?

Hope Howe finds it soon, got a worrying feeling that vultures at the club might be circling

Tbh it's getting tiresome looking elsewhere for reasons we have no shape. It's not the vultures fault, it's not because Amanda Staveley's gone, and it's not because Paul Mitchell's not a nice man. Eddie's job is to get 11 players on the pitch functioning as a team. It's looked all over the place so far, so he needs to fix it.

Just now, TRon said:

Tbh it's getting tiresome looking elsewhere for reasons we have no shape. It's not the vultures fault, it's not because Amanda Staveley's gone, and it's not because Paul Mitchell's not a nice man. Eddie's job is to get 11 players on the pitch functioning as a team. It's looked all over the place so far, so he needs to fix it.

Common Sense? The vultures won't be happy with that...

We have the tools to be much better, he needs to solve why the players are sluggish and lose confidence so easily, as well as how we give the ball back so easily all the time. 

I would probably go to a more boring and controlled style for a while, play all the players with the best technique and tell them to pass it to eachother in triangles. 

Howe is untouchable for me unless he has a terrible season without an injury crisis. So we will see. Untkl

then I’m not even considering anything other than he is the best manager we’ve had for years. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

The way I see it, in that champions league season, that intense press was often lead by Wilson, Almiron and both Joe's from the left. Trippier pressed high from fullback too, and Botman and Schar defended from the halfway line allowing Bruno to push on. 

I don't think Isak, Gordon and Barnes press as efficiently as the front three from that season - Barnes isn't that kind of player, and Gordon is a bit of a headless chicken that just does it in bursts, I think Almiron for all his flaws presses with more intelligence and cuts the passing lanes off better. Isak is a lot more passive than Wilson. 

The midfield are badly exposed because the forward line is easier to play through and the defensive line is a lot deeper, probably due to ageing legs back there and fear of getting caught out. That's where a natural DM would probably help, but we don't really have one. 

CDM has always been Bruno’s position in fairness - we bought him as one.

Joelinton in midfield is a bigger worry to me - he’s just not a midfielder.  I like him on the LW in front of Willock - but how Longstaff gets pelters and Joelinton is a living legend is lost on me. 

As I’ve said in the match thread I love Howe and the work he’s done for us. But I have a few things that are really starting to irk me.

1. We have one of the most lethal strikers in the game playing for us - but we rarely seem to get him into the game. He’s feeding off scraps and we’re punting the ball at his head from the start. The one time he was played into his feet today was in the run-up to our goal. There has to be another way! I honestly feel sorry for him. 

2. We’re leaving the exact same spaces in behind midfield as last year. Nothing has changed. We’re still flat as a fart in midfield and are so easily overrun. We should’ve  been able to fix this!

3. We haven’t pressed since the start of last season. But since we can’t keep the ball and are nowhere near being a progressive passing team (especially with playing Burn and Kelly at the same time and refusing to play Tonali) we have no attacking identity at all. Surely we could/should do something different. 

Mitchell/Eales and Bunce probably have made mistakes this summer and the setup doesn’t feel right just yet. But Eddie hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory so far this season.

Things has to change for the better. Today we got what has been coming for most of the games this season. And we have some really shitty fixtures coming up. 

13 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Everything is bad

Everyone is bad.

Ignore that we are 4th best team since he arrived

Pope. Gone

Gordon. Already at Liverpool

Schar bad.

Bruno bad.

Everyone bad. 

We have the worst team. The worst manager.

Trouble in the board.

Even the Saudis hate us

Where is our stadium.

How did I do? Bed wetting enough? 

Fkn hate insulting posts like this. It's a football forum and if people want to complain about a poor performance then they're perfectly entitled to. Bury your head in the sand and just accept how shite we've been, it's your prerogative. Stay off a forum if it upsets you. Oh, and bedwetting? Fuck sake...

We've had a conveyor belt of shit vibes since PSR-gate.

I'm not convinced the club can recover from that with personnel staying the same. I'm loyal to Eddie over Eales & Mitchell. In fact I couldn't give a fuck about the latter two.

Edited by Weezertron

7 minutes ago, Decky said:

I never understand why people come on into threads like this on their high horse and slate people for rightly criticising the way we've played recently. All this bed wetting, and welcome to NO stuff is stupid. This is a forum for discussion, we're allowed to criticise Howe, the players, anyone and anything whenever things are bad. Sure we may as well just lock all the threads in the football section until we win again at this rate. 

Ironically the most 'welcome to N-O' post going. How many times is this same stawman post going to be done?

Someone posted about people wanting rid of Howe, and people are allowed to ridicule that just as much as they're allowed to post that in the first place. They're not being stopped from 'discussing things on a forum' because someone else had the audacity to disagree with them and ridicule them.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

I agree, though I don’t think turbulence behind the scenes will help.

We’ve been playing like an uncoached side this season and a for a chunk of last - and that only ends up with one outcome.  Howe needs to be given ample time to improve the situation, but this won’t go on indefinitely 

I used to think Bournemouth under Howe were great with the ball for the level of players they had, yet we seem distinctly average at best with far better players.

Think the coaching set up needs some fresh voices and skill around Howe.

We just shouldn’t be this shit with the ball. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We have the tools to be much better, he needs to solve why the players are sluggish and lose confidence so easily, as well as how we give the ball back so easily all the time. 

I would probably go to a more boring and controlled style for a while, play all the players with the best technique and tell them to pass it to eachother in triangles. 

To sound like a broken record. We don’t have the players for that. When we signed Tonali, we committed to rock and roll football. Confirmed it with Joelintons new contract. 

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

We've had a conveyor belt of shit vibes since PSR-gate.

I'm not convinced the club can recover from that. I'm loyal to Eddie over Eales & Mitchell. In fact I couldn't give a fuck about the latter two.

Agree with the first part but I don’t see why we can’t recover. 

Amazing that we couldn’t even enjoy being joint 2nd in the league. Shows how strange the vibes have been. Can’t be helping the manager or players. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Bruno is great in that position if you're backs to the wall or controlling a game, but when the game is stretched he really struggles at times. Not sure I'd class him as a natural DM. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Eh? He stated he's an 8 himself and that's his preferred position? We also played him there when we signed him, and probably would have carried on if it wasn't for the Shelvey injury that pre season. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

To sound like a broken record. We don’t have the players for that. When we signed Tonali, we committed to rock and roll football. Confirmed it with Joelintons new contract. 

We do though, not everyone but enough. 5 of the front 6 are excellent technicians and so are Schar, Trippier and Hall. 

We can put out a much more technical lineup than in recent years now.