Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Learned tonight Geuhi is average and Chris Wood does what we need.,.not much further forward are we?

Is Eddie still obsessed with Guehi....WHY?????

If our targets are Elanga and Gheui this coming window it’ll be a disgrace.

Doesn’t play with a holding midfielder, or a creative one, our midfield shape is all over the shop.

When Staveley talked about not being able to afford any mistakes in the transfer market, he’s now feeling the brunt of it and worryingly seemed set to compound things further last summer.

I think the appointment of Mitchell was timely and Eales was right he should concentrate on coaching the team.

Always said a manger is only as good as his transfer business, the season Pardew finished 5th was testimony to that, Howe had a great 18 months but nobody really knows whether he’s reached his level at this point.

He’s got some very good players at his disposal, but i think everyone bar Hall has regressed this season for various reasons.

This was meant to be the season with no distractions where we pushed on again, it’s looking very underwhelming at the moment.

Ultimately the best thing for everyone is that he turns this around and under Mitchell we become smarter operators in the transfer market, if he leaves knowing our luck he’ll end up at West Ham, or Everton and win a trophy and we’ll look like cunts again.

If I had to call it though I think where in Howe’s last season and we’ll end up with somebody like Amorim in charge next season, the January transfer window will probably be a good indicator of where this is heading.

27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Doesn’t play with a holding midfielder, or a creative one, our midfield shape is all over the shop.

When Staveley talked about not being able to afford any mistakes in the transfer market, he’s now feeling the brunt of it and worryingly seemed set to compound things further last summer.

I think the appointment of Mitchell was timely and Eales was right he should concentrate on coaching the team.

Always said a manger is only as good as his transfer business, the season Pardew finished 5th was testimony to that, Howe had a great 18 months but nobody really knows whether he’s reached his level at this point.

He’s got some very good players at his disposal, but i think everyone bar Hall has regressed this season for various reasons.

This was meant to be the season with no distractions where we pushed on again, it’s looking very underwhelming at the moment.

Ultimately the best thing for everyone is that he turns this around and under Mitchell we become smarter operators in the transfer market, if he leaves knowing our luck he’ll end up at West Ham, or Everton and win a trophy and we’ll look like cunts again.

If I had to call it though I think where in Howe’s last season and we’ll end up with somebody like Amorim in charge next season, the January transfer window will probably be a good indicator of where this is heading.

My question is what is Howe’s plan long term? To keep trying to play the same way? 

1 hour ago, andycap said:

He seems to setup his 4-3-3 and player selection and hope results will improve. Very stubborn. in games that are getting away from us you never see him play orthodox wingers miggy left gordon right to stretch there defence. 

When we need a goal he'd rather bring on a Longstaff or a defender instead of giving the forward a chance. Weird decisions in my opinion. 

4 3 3 is athletics not football 

Maybe Eddies found his level and maybe its time to move on 

After 8 games people are seriously thinking that "maybe it's time to move on" from Eddie or that this should be his "last season"?  The chances that any replacement manager willing to take the gig, however carefully chosen, would do a better job than Eddie are way less than 50/50. 

7 minutes ago, dcmk said:

This place is astounding sometimes.  Losing Eddie Howe would be a major step back.

Not necessarily. Not saying I want it to happen because replacing him with better while keeping the squad onside would be a challenge, but there are undeniably far more accomplished managers out there. It will have to happen one day. 

The team is underperforming and the buck stops with the man in charge. I hope he turns it around quickly because he's been one of our best ever managers.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

xabi alonso next?

He'll be replacing Pep imo. 

For us, I feel Eddie has ran his course and burnt out. 

Can see PIF going for Diego Simeone, they'll probably try for Pep too but he won't come. 

4 hours ago, Pata said:

I think there’s a reason why no team uses orthodox wingers anymore, there’s data available that shows inverted wingers is better. Murphy playing right is actually weird in the modern game.

When chasing a game you have to try things though. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The idea he’s just playing the same way all the time is just wrong.

Against Brighton there were noticeable and major improvements in the combinations between midfield and attack. 

Not having that like. 

The last two matches the opposition have basically stuck there whole team behind the ball and went break us down. That's why we've dominated these games, we still play the same way as the end of last season barely a press if any away from home. massive gaps for the opposition to get one on one with our centrebacks still over reliant on schar and bruno for any creativity and when gordon ain't firing we are innefective at scoring goals and supplying isak. 

As said on numerous occasions - finish outside of the European spots again and he won’t be our manager next season. Fully hope this isn’t the case as I like Howe. We’ll come good again this season I’m sure of that.

Edited by black_n_white

7 hours ago, Karjala said:

Isak sticks in one of his 2 glaring first half chances and Gordon puts a penalty away at Everton and we'd be hailing Eddie again. 

I's not about one game though, we've scored something like 8 goals in 8 games, and gone 400 mins without scoring a goal from open play, and we've got tougher fixtures to come. There's too much built around Isak scoring, if you can stop him, and stop the LW from coming inside and having a pop, you've pretty much got yourself a clean sheet.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I's not about one game though, we've scored something like 8 goals in 8 games, and gone 400 mins without scoring a goal from open play, and we've got tougher fixtures to come. There's too much built around Isak scoring, if you can stop him, and stop the LW from coming inside and having a pop, you've pretty much got yourself a clean sheet.

Didn’t we have a goal drought around Winter 23/24 season where we had lots of shots on but couldn’t score for toffee? Then it all clicked for us. I’m sure it will again. Just needs to on Saturday please [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Didn’t we have a goal drought around Winter 23/24 season where we had lots of shots on but couldn’t score for toffee? Then it all clicked for us. I’m sure it will again. Just needs to on Saturday please [emoji38]

That was during the Worst Injury Crisis in the History of the World mind :)