Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

We've been through this when we were shite. Players playing like shit is a tactics issue. Not too long ago that people were calling Joelinton hopeless.

We should get the guy who came in when we were shit and got us into the champions league. He must know a lot about tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

We need a CDM or at least one of the three needs to take that role and sit deeper. Burn being caught out on CM is not the answer.

Frustrates the life out of me that none of them will show for the ball. 

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

We've been through this when we were shite. Players playing like shit is a tactics issue. Not too long ago that people were calling Joelinton hopeless.

Players passing to the other team, not controlling the ball, and regularly being muscled off it are not a tactics issue. 

Neither are missing 1v1s, penalties, or failing to make passes that a U13 coach would scream about.

The first 4 games of the season, we where playing really poorly and getting results. These last 4, we've played alot better (although not as good as we could do) and have got nothing. Football can be frustrating at times. :lol: 

Also, fuck sacking a manager after one bad run of form, thats Chelsea under Abramovich bullshit, and I absolutely detest that system. 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We were trying to pay almost £70m for Marc Guehi and bidding £50m for Anthony Elanga in the summer, like.

And the signings made summer 2023 haven't particularly improved us either. We're consistently substituting the two big signings from that window, rightly or wrongly.

Howe, Staveley & co did a good job but they're obviously not an elite scouting network, "the Brighton model" is an overused term but it's been obvious since the takeover that it's what we need.

Fuck knows what that little tosser Ashworth was playing at, but Mitchell seems to have sussed the issue.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, 54 said:

The first 4 games of the season, we where playing really poorly and getting results. These last 4, we've played alot better (although not as good as we could do) and have got nothing. Football can be frustrating at times. :lol: 

Also, fuck sacking a manager after one bad run of form, thats Chelsea under Abramovich bullshit, and I absolutely detest that system. 

Don't want him sacked but he's had more than one bad run and the away form has been shit for nearly 12 months.

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

We should get the guy who came in when we were shit and got us into the champions league. He must know a lot about tactics. 

We’ll know as this season unfolds. How much of this was all the momentum train, so much positivity and hope, now it feels like it’s stalled massively and the hearts gone!  We need resuscitating somehow [emoji38]

Nah, fuck it, not having it now.

18 months of the same shit. He has no excuses this season, absolutely fucking none. Even if he wanted no one else but Guéhi at CB, he needs to be allowing those funds to be used elsewhere and he’s got to take responsibility for us suffering because of it.

No excuses now, he needs to turn this around now, if we have to let him go.

I’m fucking sick of us being shit defensively, no good saying you are scoring goals if you are losing games 2-1, or 3-1. No good saying there is no harmony in the squad when it’s your fucking job to make sure there is.

I’m sick of our players playing across the back line as if it’s not something you get told not to do when you are playing football at school. I’m sick of our players not passing the ball to the player free in space when a challenge is about to come in, because they would rather be the fucking hero than set up a goal.

I’m sick of Schar being allowed to think he’s our number 10, and leave no one back in defence.

I’m sick of buying a new player and not using them until they go and collect their pension.

I’m sick of the same players who are not good enough being played, when there are options.

I’m sick of playing teams like Everton, and Bournemouth, and knowing we won’t win.

We are now at a stage where we are expecting poor performances, and either a loss, or to not win games. Fuck me, it’s starting to feel like the Bruce years.

Just now, Karjala said:

Still think if we had put the chances away in the last 3 games, we'd not be talking about Howe.

Everton - big money Gordon misses a pen, 1pt instead of 3.

Brighton - big money Gordon and Isak miss several great chances, 0 points instead of 3.

Chelsea - Pope let's a crap one in, and big money Isak misses one Xisco would have finished, 0 points instead of 1.

Don't think we are playing nearly as bad as some are making out, Chelsea sell a couple of hotels and spend £300m, we can only buy Osula. Still got the likes of Burn, Miggy and Murphy involved cos there's not really any choice.

Arguments like this can be made but you'd think a team that was meant to be challenging for Europe this year can at least need more than just one penalty all game to score against Everton and be able to score in the second half against Brighton at home.

There are deeper issues and the time to have made sure we don't fall into these issues has already passed. He's not bulletproof and questions about our form, tactics, defence, lack of goals etc. all of this should be asked.

Hall being subbed for Kelly today was brainless. Hall had been our best player whereas Burn was having a shitter. It was just a pointless sub if you’re not taking off the weak link in defence today. 

10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

He does but how much time does he need Heron. Sadly this is not a new problem.So can he even sort it? I’m not sure he can, as he would have by now.

Get your point and the frustration, but I'm confident it will click for us at some point through some minor tinkering.

We aren't far off. People talk about RWs and Strikers but perhaps a proper DM sorts us out significantly.

I am keeping my faith in Howe as quite simply - he warrants it.

Edited by Heron

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe, Staveley & co did a good job but they're obviously not an elite scputing network, "the Brighton model" is an overused term but it's been obvious since the takeover that it's what we need.

Fuck knows what that little tosser Ashworth was playing at, but Mitchell seems to have sussed the issue.

Feels like Ashworth did nothing at all. Certainly stinking it up at his new gaff.

Just now, Aiston said:

Don't want him sacked but he's had more than one bad run and the away form has been shit for nearly 12 months.

If you're counting the period over Christmas last season, we had 12 players out and only 11 fit at one point, with a 17 year old playing 10 games back to back whilst also trying to compete in the Champions League. There where massive massive mitigating circumstances.  

9 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

The lack of changing the system, just to try something different is baffling me.

Especially when playing away. You'd think we might flex an extra player to protect defence and try to counter more. Instead we soldier on same way, even if it means we are overrun. And it seems everyone has realised you just need to hit us with numbers in the centre of the pitch and we can't play it out of the back and we can be caught easily with quick turn overs.

6 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Still think if we had put the chances away in the last 3 games, we'd not be talking about Howe.

Everton - big money Gordon misses a pen, 1pt instead of 3.

Brighton - big money Gordon and Isak miss several great chances, 0 points instead of 3.

Chelsea - Pope let's a crap one in, and big money Isak misses one Xisco would have finished, 0 points instead of 1.

Don't think we are playing nearly as bad as some are making out, Chelsea sell a couple of hotels and spend £300m, we can only buy Osula. Still got the likes of Burn, Miggy and Murphy involved cos there's not really any choice.

We could easily have 7 points from the last three games but then we got 7 points from Southampton, Bournemouth and Spurs when we could easily have got zero. We’ve been very poor this season and have looked second best in almost every game.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Who would be a possibility if the club decided to cut ties with howe? 

Mourinho? 

Amorim

Nagelsmann? 

We’re going to have to get a manager from another club if we do replace Howe. There isn’t one out of work at the minute who’d been an improvement. 

Just now, Jordan said:

We’re going to have to get a manager from another club if we do replace Howe. There isn’t one out of work at the minute who’d been an improvement. 

We can’t afford it.

It's absolutely fair to critique Howe by the way and he does need to change things up and find a solution, but the way some folk go on, on here is nothing short of ridiculous. You'd think he hadn't dragged a championship side to almost the top ten and then into the CL and a cup final...