Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Anyone else think there's probably too many people involved currently in the decision making process at Newcastle, it seems like 3-4 parties have to sign off on any important decision & that's leading to indecision & delays. Bruce should have been gotten rid of well over a week ago & even if they were going to give him his final game in charge, he should have been gone Sunday, Monday at the latest. 

Since the Saudi's own 80%, they should be the ones making the decisions obviously but it seems like Stavely & Co have more say than just a minor shareholder. I hope its not going to be a consistent theme throughout their ownership especially now when were in the middle of a relegation dogfight & decisions need to be made quickly to get us out of this mess. I could see it becoming a serious problem if we are trying to sign players in the January transfer window & because of delays, the news gets out and we end up missing out on the player to another club. 

The old adage, too many cooks spoil the broth comes to mind

Just now, Jimwallace197 said:

Anyone else think there's probably too many people involved currently in the decision making process at Newcastle, it seems like 3-4 parties have to sign off on any important decision & that's leading to indecision & delays. Bruce should have been gotten rid of well over a week ago & even if they were going to give him his final game in charge, he should have been gone Sunday, Monday at the latest. 

Since the Saudi's own 80%, they should be the ones making the decisions obviously but it seems like Stavely & Co have more say than just a minor shareholder. I hope its not going to be a consistent theme throughout their ownership especially now when were in the middle of a relegation dogfight & decisions need to be made quickly to get us out of this mess. I could see it becoming a serious problem if we are trying to sign players in the January transfer window & because of delays, the news gets out and we end up missing out on the player to another club. 

We have cooks and broth 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 21/10/2021 at 14:18, Shearergol said:

I think you were asked yesterday, but why would you take Martinez over Fonseca? Ignoring who their agent might or might not be.

I don’t want no media push agent for a manager who has no link to English football after failing in Italy. Martinez has been with the number 1 international team in the world. Imagine if he got us some players like Tielemans for Newcastle instead of bloody Hendricks. And all that Belgium pool of talent that they have could be ours as he’ll know the younger players coming up (imagine we got a young unknown hazard or de Bruyne from Belgium) Plus I know he failed at Everton but that’s not a similar project to us, the manager would have money Time and unity from the fans now that Brucey has gone. That’s why. 

Id rather the board have different or conflicting ideas that they discuss and come to an agreement over time, compared to Ashley just saying "he'll do". [emoji38]  

1 minute ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Who's to say what's really going on though? We are hearing all this stuff from journalists who themselves are most of the time just guessing. If you take away all the speculation, seems Staveley and co seem to be handling this in quite a measured and deliberate manner, no knee jerk reactions or appointments so far.

16 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Are there any other strong rumours that Lampard is seriously in the running or did I actually read three pages of people freaking out because of an article by Luke Edwards FFS. The guy is just trolling now that his Daddy Bruce is gone.[emoji38]

Nah mate trust me Lampard has the same agent as Fonseca and that’s why they are appearing in the media as some of the front runners. All an agent push to get it out there and get fans reactions. I don’t think either are good enough for this project. Which makes me wary as to why the agent is pushing it, it’s not in our best interest 

Anyone else think that maybe the new owners are waiting around for a really big name to become available, eg, Benitez, Mourinho, Rodgers to a lesser degree. If results take a turn for the worse, any three of them could find themselves under serious pressure or even out of a job & then the Newcastle job becomes alot more attractive. Everton have had a decent start but not amazing, all it would take would be 2 or 3 bad results and the fans would really start to give him flak especially because of his connection to Liverpool, Mourinho's Roma lost 6-1 last night and he's started his usual stuff of criticizing the players so it looks like the wheels are starting to come off there already & Rodgers has already had a poor start to this season with Leicester. Mourinho has already said he has a connection to the club through Robson, Benitez was a former manager who is still loved & Rodgers I think would love the possibilities of the kind of transfers we'd be able to pull off should he get the position. I think any of the above 3 would be better than 90% of the managers we're currently being linked with. 

The above applies to Poch too, any sort of downward spiral in form & the pressure on him will become intense, seemed like he was even considering the possibility of going back to spurs until recently which is crazy considering how they treated him. Wouldn't say he's actually enjoying the lack of competitiveness in Ligue 1 & id imagine it would be very easy to fall out with many of the egos in that dressing room, he's probably walking on eggshells around them.

For me, none of the managers we are being linked capture the imagination & I think that's what the new owners are really looking for. I like Favre & think he would be best of a fairly mediocre bunch but should we beat palace tomorrow, I can see Jones definitely being given more time than originally planned. 

Imagine if the takeover had happened in the summer, id say we would have had Benitez & Mourinho competing for the job. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

It was simply saying X manager is a fake Klopp. The other manager is like Redknapp. Rooney is like Souness. I'd rather you beat down managers for their actual performance as a manager than make people comparisons. 

I'd rather Lampard not be our manager either, I'm hoping its a Fonseca, Emery, Favre or Howe over a Gerrard or Lampard. But I just didn't think it was fair to call the younger english managers PFM. They aren't dinosaur cunts who beat their chest about whatever fake team they supported as a boy etc ala Bruce. 

Unfair to call Gerard a PFM (respect is due for what he’s achieved at Rangers) but Lampard certainly is. His tactics(or lack thereof) and his over reliance on being a disciplinarian as opposed having an established footballing philosophy or game plan speaks to that.

Hiring Lampard is confirming our relegation. He’d be among the worst 3 managers in the league.

Just now, McCormick said:

Unfair to call Gerard a PFM (respect is due for what he’s achieved at Rangers) but Lampard certainly is. His tactics(or lack thereof) and his over reliance on being a disciplinarian as opposed having an established footballing philosophy or game plan speaks to that.

Hiring Lampard is confirming our relegation. He’d be among the worst 3 managers in the league.

Sourness in disguise 🥸 

8 minutes ago, Jimwallace197 said:

Anyone else think that maybe the new owners are waiting around for a really big name to become available, eg, Benitez, Mourinho, Rodgers to a lesser degree. If results take a turn for the worse, any three of them could find themselves under serious pressure or even out of a job & then the Newcastle job becomes alot more attractive. Everton have had a decent start but not amazing, all it would take would be 2 or 3 bad results and the fans would really start to give him flak especially because of his connection to Liverpool, Mourinho's Roma lost 6-1 last night and he's started his usual stuff of criticizing the players so it looks like the wheels are starting to come off there already & Rodgers has already had a poor start to this season with Leicester. Mourinho has already said he has a connection to the club through Robson, Benitez was a former manager who is still loved & Rodgers I think would love the possibilities of the kind of transfers we'd be able to pull off should he get the position. I think any of the above 3 would be better than 90% of the managers we're currently being linked with. 

The above applies to Poch too, any sort of downward spiral in form & the pressure on him will become intense, seemed like he was even considering the possibility of going back to spurs until recently which is crazy considering how they treated him. Wouldn't say he's actually enjoying the lack of competitiveness in Ligue 1 & id imagine it would be very easy to fall out with many of the egos in that dressing room, he's probably walking on eggshells around them.

For me, none of the managers we are being linked capture the imagination & I think that's what the new owners are really looking for. I like Favre & think he would be best of a fairly mediocre bunch but should we beat palace tomorrow, I can see Jones definitely being given more time than originally planned. 

Imagine if the takeover had happened in the summer, id say we would have had Benitez & Mourinho competing for the job. 

I think of, say Rafa and Rodgers, if they really wanted them they would go all out to get them. They probably would love Rafa back and if not, Rodgers here, maybe they have asked and been told they are not interested? I think they have a short list of about 5 managers, some who may be in a job already like Martinez and Gerrard.

Just now, jackyboy said:

I'm sure that Amanda will have kept in close contact with Rafa

I’m sure she has/does still, he’d be ideal for the consortium, but I think we need to get over and move on from Rafa now.

I don't see why Rodgers would leave Leicester at the moment.

At this moment in time we're a massive gamble. The structure of the club has yet to be settled on and potential managers have no idea how secure their position would be within that structure and they're unlikely to find out until key appointments have been made.

The infrastructure of the club has been left to rot for years, training facilities are inadequate and I'd imagine our scouting network, along with the academy are lightyears behind other clubs.

On top of that what happens if we get relegated? Do their terms change and will resources be cut? 

In short we're far too unstable to interest a big name manager until a plan is settled on and the club's stature begins to grow.

18 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think of, say Rafa and Rodgers, if they really wanted them they would go all out to get them. They probably would love Rafa back and if not, Rodgers here, maybe they have asked and been told they are not interested? I think they have a short list of about 5 managers, some who may be in a job already like Martinez and Gerrard.

I think if we had approached both of them it would have been leaked that they had rejected us out right, I think the fact that no manager/agent/trusted Press guy has came out and said that they had rejected us, means the guys were talking to are interested in the job

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

I think if we had approached both of them it would have been leaked that they had rejected us out right, I think the fact that no manager/agent/trusted Press guy has came out and said that they had rejected us, means the guys were talking to are interested in the job

Im not so sure, I think the club have kept their council brilliantly since taking over and it’s clear the journos don’t have any real clue. 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Im not so sure, I think the club have kept their council brilliantly since taking over and it’s clear the journos don’t have any real clue. 

That’s exactly what I’m saying, if we had approached Rafa or Rodgers it would have been leaked that they rejected us outright 

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I wouldn’t want Mourinho here, he’s toxic and finished at the highest level. 

I dont agree, looking back on his time now with Manu, he was actually quite successful, won two more cups than Ole did despite Ole spending more money & having more time than he did. Also having to deal with the likes of Pogba whom I'm sure a lot of people & supporters would side with him now over. Before that, very successful at every club he was at.  

I think Spurs was always going to be a poisoned chalice for him, they were heavily restricted in terms of their financial spend because of the stadium & that squad is not the type of squad you're ever going to get success with. Take Son & Kane out of that team & they are midtable at best. Kane by the time Mourinho arrived already had his head turned by City. Dealing with overinflated egos such as Delli Alli & Justin Rose. He still managed to get them to the league cup final despite being screwed over by Levy in the end. 

He has Roma fourth so is currently doing better than the manager we are being linked with there, Fonseca. Last three seasons before they finished, 5th, 6th & 7th. 

I agree he can be a divisive figure but I think if he is properly backed and supported by the board, he will definitely be successful & win you things. He didnt have that at either Manu or Spurs. 

I dont agree, looking back on his time now with Manu, he was actually quite successful, won two more cups than Ole did despite Ole spending more money & having more time than he did. Also having to deal with the likes of Pogba whom I'm sure a lot of people & supporters would side with him now over. Before that, very successful at every club he was at.  

I think Spurs was always going to be a poisoned chalice for him, they were heavily restricted in terms of their financial spend because of the stadium & that squad is not the type of squad you're ever going to get success with. Take Son & Kane out of that team & they are midtable at best. Kane by the time Mourinho arrived already had his head turned by City. Dealing with overinflated egos such as Delli Alli & Justin Rose. He still managed to get them to the league cup final despite being screwed over by Levy in the end. 

He has Roma fourth so is currently doing better than the manager we are being linked with there, Fonseca. Last three seasons before they finished, 5th, 6th & 7th. 

I agree he can be a divisive figure but I think if he is properly backed and supported by the board, he will definitely be successful & win you things. He didnt have that at either Manu or Spurs. 

To be honest, it would be kind of interesting to see how he would fare at a lower level club like NUFC with the players we have and maybe that’s what he needs to do to reinvent himself, but he’s so toxic and his brand of football and management is massively outdated. I’d rather him fuck up somewhere else which he will do at Roma guaranteed. 

As for the SBR connection, I don’t really buy it, he didn’t even go to the man’s funeral. Wishful thinking on fans’ behalf thinking with that and him being Mourinho = success, IMO anyway.