Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Thought absolutely zilch of Emery's Arsenal tbh. 

On 23 May 2018, Emery was appointed head coach of Arsenal.  He agreed to a two-year deal, with the club having the option to extend his deal for a further year. 

In his first competitive game in charge, on 12 August, his side lost to Manchester City 2–0 in the Premier League. After a second consecutive loss to Chelsea on 18 August, Emery recorded his first win as Arsenal manager on 25 August, in a 3–1 home win over West Ham United. After this game, Arsenal won 11 games in a row, their best run of form since 2007. Arsenal then extended their unbeaten run to 22 games, including a 4–2 win over arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur in Emery's first North London derby. Their 3–2 loss to Southampton in December was the first time they had been defeated in all competitions since August. However Arsenal capitulated towards the end of the season, only receiving 4 points in their last 5 league matches, effectively discarding any chance of qualifying for the Champions League through league position. Emery yet again reached a Europa League final, but was unsuccessful as Arsenal were beaten 4–1 by fellow English side Chelsea. Arsenal finished the season in fifth position, one place higher than the previous season, narrowly missing out on a Champions League spot.

You’ll do for me Bonny lad!

12 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I'd really struggle to interested at all under Lampard like. I'm sick of Media Darlings. 

Just watching his press conference would wind me up. West Ham badge kisser couldn’t get to Chewsea quick enough. No thanks 👋🏻 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Never been so relaxed about appointing a manager. We have Fonseca coming in as the absolute minimum. Club are either doing courtesy interviews or trying their luck with even better candidates. I really do hope its him after everything i've read. We'll not snub him for a Lampard or Martinez. 

Emery is an elite manager ran out of town at Arsenal for no bloody reason. I only disliked how he handled Hatem at PSG but I know Hatem likely not blameless there, found the whole thing hilarious as an outsider.

In any case, if Emery is legit interested, he'd be my no.1 for sure. Absolute bang on pedigree and to me he's someone who could build the club up very very well.