Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Ah well ... the dream was fun while it lasted. They're seemingly wowed by the celebrity status of the recent famous player that Lampard was. 

And we'll be stuck with more relentless bullshit from the media because the golden boy can never do any wrong. We're screwed. Unless of course he comes in and is amazing, which is a pretty big longshot.

Guest neesy111

Lampard's inability to get signings at Chelsea together into a unit should be an immediate red flag to us.

The difference when tuchel went in was startling.  Tuchel after Dortmund and PSG I wasn't too impressed but he's turned me around and he's in the top 3 managers in the PL.

Basically Bruce is gone so material Edwards used to wind up fans has gone. Now he knows none of us want lampard so he is using that.

Out of all the journalists out there he is one who won’t have a source under the new owners 

Man, it would be such a massive let down.

The irony on top of it is he would still have all the concerns that some had with Fonseca, except none of the potential upside because in actuality he hasn't achieved anything at all in football. Why on Earth should this man just walk into this job with virtually no experience?

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

So weird how much hate Lampard gets. People ought to read about his time at Chelsea from all stages. He’s an intelligent, hard working, and modern thinking manager. He got the dream gig of taking over his club and had a right go of it. They spent a ton of money for him for players he had a major say in coming in and it didn’t work for him and they sacked  him. The issue for me is, yeah Tuchel is a fantastic manager who’s also been working far longer, but how does English football get away from the dinosaur managers? Surely not by sacking and tarring Lampard, Howe, Rooney and Gerrard as PFM brigade. It’s by allowing these to actually fail and giving them a chance. 

haven’t seen Gerrard, Lampard or Rooney claim Bruce was one of the most influential managers in England over the last 100 years like Arteta. 

probably by making them start at the very bottom, regardless of their playing pedigree, and earning themselves a job

I really think these local media guys are like groupies. They like the British managers so they can paddy up to them and hang out with them sometimes I guess? It's so weird.

Get the impression they don't like the foreign managers because they are more professional and don't really get all pally with the media in the same way.

Isn't Lampard considered to have done a very good job when they had the transfer embargo and brought through a number of young academy players to good effect?  I wouldn't be jumping to take him first choice but I don't think he's a PFM fuckwit more than likely, probably just didn't have the experience to manage all the players after that mental transfer window they had.  Nothing to be ashamed of.

2 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Personally Lampard would be my choice over the other names except conte.

Well at least someone will be happy.

I find the prospect a worrying one. Don't think he has a cool enough head to handle the job. Seemed incredibly stroppy when in the Chelsea job.