Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

44 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Mark Hughes talking to Sky:

"Foreign managers, I always think it’s sometimes a little bit of a risk because a manager who doesn’t know the Premier League coming from another league, I think invariably they have a period where they are taken aback by the power and the pressure and the speed. That takes some getting used to.

"Maybe Newcastle haven’t got that time initially to really allow a manager to find his feet”

my quote “yes I’m available”

nobody knew the league better than Bruce!!  With all his games and different clubs tally! 

see that mountain way over there 👉🏻 🏔 that’s where you go with that shit!

Remember the crying the pundits did when Adkins was sacked by Southampton for Pochettino? Just as risky appointing a shit PFM than someone who may not adapt to the Premier League.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

I am actually inclined to believe Gerrard might have something, but the likes of Lampard, Rooney etc....can see them 1000 games down the line with every commentator saying they're " a great manager, deserve respect, treated unfairly" when they've relegated their 3rd club in a row  

I mean you may well be right, it's one we'll have to wait to see play out, but in the meantime I'm certainly not too keen on having any of them here as I'd certainly be quite worried.

As you say Gerrard looks the most promising and I would give Howe credit too as he seems to have really embraced learning the more modern approaches to the game.

So weird how much hate Lampard gets. People ought to read about his time at Chelsea from all stages. He’s an intelligent, hard working, and modern thinking manager. He got the dream gig of taking over his club and had a right go of it. They spent a ton of money for him for players he had a major say in coming in and it didn’t work for him and they sacked  him. The issue for me is, yeah Tuchel is a fantastic manager who’s also been working far longer, but how does English football get away from the dinosaur managers? Surely not by sacking and tarring Lampard, Howe, Rooney and Gerrard as PFM brigade. It’s by allowing these to actually fail and giving them a chance. 

haven’t seen Gerrard, Lampard or Rooney claim Bruce was one of the most influential managers in England over the last 100 years like Arteta. 

Edited by Kanji

4 hours ago, tom1988 said:

This needs to happen. Fonseca, whilst a different echelon to Bruce, is still a bit meh for me - Spurs decided against him after all. Ten Hag for me like. 

I have a feeling that Fonseca might go on to be one of the next really big names. He is up and coming, and seems to have very focused ideas on how he wants his teams to play. 

Yes it will be a bit risky while we have substandard players, but when we upgrade the quality, I think his style of play will become exponentially better. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I mean you may well be right, it's one we'll have to wait to see play out, but in the meantime I'm certainly not too keen on having any of them here as I'd certainly be quite worried.

As you say Gerrard looks the most promising and I would give Howe credit too as he seems to have really embraced learning the more modern approaches to the game.

Don't know what it is....sometimes you just get a vibe from a manager.

Lampard, all i can see is Harry Redknapp Mk II

Rooney, all i see is Mini-Souness

Howe...Klopp wannabe, without the balls to try another country ( Hell even Burnley was too far North for him)

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I have a feeling that Fonseca might go on to be one of the next really big names. He is up and coming, and seems to have very focused ideas on how he wants his teams to play. 

Yes it will be a bit risky while we have substandard players, but when we upgrade the quality, I think his style of play will become exponentially better. 

I think (hope) he’ll get more out of what we’ve got with his training/fitness sessions alone

Shame on Howe for being picky about what job he takes and for his wife to have a say in it. What an odd thing to dig at re: Klopp. Not even remotely similar managers. 

Shame on Lampard for being sacked for being 9th. 

Don’t really care what Rooney has done minus the fact he’s at a club that has now completely become a mess of epic proportions. 

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

So weird how much hate Lampard gets. People ought to read about his time at Chelsea from all stages. He’s an intelligent, hard working, and modern thinking manager. He got the dream gig of taking over his club and had a right go of it. They spent a ton of money for him for players he had a major say in coming in and it didn’t work for him and they sacked  him. The issue for me is, yeah Tuchel is a fantastic manager who’s also been working far longer, but how does English football get away from the dinosaur managers? Surely not by sacking and tarring Lampard, Howe, Rooney and Gerrard as PFM brigade. It’s by allowing these to actually fail and giving them a chance. 

haven’t seen Gerrard, Lampard or Rooney claim Bruce was one of the most influential managers in England over the last 100 years like Arteta. 

Probably because he was such a fundamentally unlikable player. Redknapp connection certainly doesn't help

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

@gjohnsoni gotta say man, that post of yours above has got to be oddest take I’ve seen in ages. I mean literally there isn’t a single thing in that post that is nothing but your own incorrect biased opinion. 

It's an opinion...that doesn't make it incorrect or biased just because you don't agree with it

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Better if you just pointed to their tactics, football philosophy, or something else than just random name calling. 

And can you identify any of that from Lampard or Rooney? 

Long and the short is that without their names and playing reputations, they would not be managers of football teams. 

There's a reason Lampard is not currently working, there's a reason why Rooney is running Derby and not Everton/Man Utd

The PFM is a dying breed at PL level. Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, Pulis, Bruce, Pearson will likely never get a job in this league again. The newer British coaches now are younger, more progressive coaches who don't adhere to clichés or Brexit ideals that PFMs have done. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/22/graeme-jones-told-manage-next-three-newcastle-games-new-owners/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1634904960-1

Although Eddie Howe, Steven Gerrard and Lucien Favre have made the shortlist, with former Wigan Athletic and Everton boss Roberto Martinez’s name another to be circulated in the last few days, the one who has been featuring heavily in conversations since the start of the search is Frank Lampard.

As reported by Telegraph Sport more than a fortnight ago, the former England international has always been of interest to Newcastle’s new owners and is believed to be the preferred choice of other individuals involved in the decision process.

Lampard is also likely to have been spoken to in the last few days, although this has not been confirmed at this stage.

There is a suggestion that the Saudi Arabians, who have a controlling 80 per cent stake in the club through the country’s Public Investment Fund, like the idea of bringing in a big-name manager like Lampard because of the pulling power he will have for players and sponsors alike.

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam

Graeme Jones is likely to remain interim manager of Newcastle United until the next international break as the various members of the consortium continue to discuss who should replace Steve Bruce.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that although former Roma manager Paulo Fonseca has been interviewed and is one of the preferred candidates of the public face of the consortium, Amanda Staveley, other members are still pushing alternative candidates forward.

Although Eddie Howe, Steven Gerrard and Lucien Favre have made the shortlist, with former Wigan Athletic and Everton boss Roberto Martinez’s name another to be circulated in the last few days, the one who has been featuring heavily in conversations since the start of the search is Frank Lampard.

As reported by Telegraph Sport more than a fortnight ago, the former England international has always been of interest to Newcastle’s new owners and is believed to be the preferred choice of other individuals involved in the decision process.

Lampard is also likely to have been spoken to in the last few days, although this has not been confirmed at this stage.

There is a suggestion that the Saudi Arabians, who have a controlling 80 per cent stake in the club through the country’s Public Investment Fund, like the idea of bringing in a big-name manager like Lampard because of the pulling power he will have for players and sponsors alike.

PIF will make the final decision on who replaces Bruce having listened to the recommendations of those on the ground in the UK, a process that is expected to last well into next week.

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/22/graeme-jones-told-manage-next-three-newcastle-games-new-owners/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1634904960-1

Aye because the media cunts keep bringing him up. Looking after the gravy train.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

There's no real rush. Jones will be in charge at Palace regardless, then we have a bit of a write off v Chelsea followed by an international break.

Brighton is before the international break, isn't it?