Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

So Klopp, Pep, Ole, Nuno etc etc hadn't managed in the premier league.  Think you have bought into the myth that the PL is some kind of mystical league and only those who have managed within in, can succeed?

More so coming into a relegation battle as their first job and it is a bit of a risk in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Geordie Magpie said:

More so coming into a relegation battle as their first job and it is a bit of a risk in my opinion.

You know the more I think about it the more I realise the 'relegation battle' narrative is a scam by PFMs and their media mates to keep the PFMs in work.

PIF has the last word on next manager and I still believe they are trying to get someone ”bigger name”. If that is impossible, then Amanda’s Fonseca probably gets the job. But hopefully they will find out if Rangnick and Ten Hag are available, because I see more potential in them as long-term staff.

The idea of changing from Bruce to Fonseca was a month ago absolutely impossible dream, but the situation has changed since then.

Edited by Elephant

2 hours ago, Awaymag said:

So Klopp, Pep, Ole, Nuno etc etc hadn't managed in the premier league.  Think you have bought into the myth that the PL is some kind of mystical league and only those who have managed within in, can succeed?

Think Brucie with his 1000 games show that knowing the league doesn't make you any good in it

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yep, knowing how to play football could be key too! 

Tragic thing is he did know how to play football. He was a bloody good defender, so it's difficult to understand how he could never get a coherent defence going. Unless he was guided completely by Ferguson and never had to actually think....kind of like Lascelles and Rafa?

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Tragic thing is he did know how to play football. He was a bloody good defender, so it's difficult to understand how he could never get a coherent defence going. Unless he was guided completely by Ferguson and never had to actually think....kind of like Lascelles and Rafa?

Maybe he was “coached” how to be a good defender. Polished up. Managing 11 players is something else. He’s tactically inept, that’s always shone through except when a few good players have pulled him out of the shit! 

that nose, that was Ferguson slamming his coaching pan into his head for it to sink in [emoji38]

Not sure about those comparisons like. Pep and Klopp didn't have PL experience but were already arguably the two best managers out there having won major leagues and champions leagues, all of the managers mentioned also came in to manage far, far, far better squads that Newcastle's. 

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Of the current crop. Bielsa, Nuno and Frank came in with Championship squads. Hasenhuttl has done a solid job at Southampton. Potter, while English has come in from abroad and done a solid job at Brighton. Good coaches are good coaches.

Amen to that.

Funny thing is when the takeover went through many were wanting most from that list you just shared! At some point we need to go out there and do the work to identify similar managers, and stop waiting on others to do all the work first.

Pochettino was another that Southampton brought in who was fantastic there and at Spurs.

Edited by KaKa

43 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

He was a good defender but I think saying he knew how to play football is stretching it. Schar is the type of defender that knows how to play football. Bruce was nothing more than the ubiquitous immoveable object that English football relied upon for too long.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He was a good defender but I think saying he knew how to play football is stretching it. Schar is the type of defender that knows how to play football. Bruce was nothing more than the ubiquitous immoveable object that English football relied upon for too long.

Gary Pallister was so much better than Bruce as a defender and a footballer, Bruce was just an all action loved to tackle, head and get physical. 

Just now, HTT II said:

Gary Pallister was so much better than Bruce as a defender and a footballer, Bruce was just an all action loved to tackle, head and get physical. 

Yeah. At that time English clubs had one competent footballer and a brick shithoose in defence. Bruce is as much use as the latter.

Mark Hughes talking to Sky:

"Foreign managers, I always think it’s sometimes a little bit of a risk because a manager who doesn’t know the Premier League coming from another league, I think invariably they have a period where they are taken aback by the power and the pressure and the speed. That takes some getting used to.

"Maybe Newcastle haven’t got that time initially to really allow a manager to find his feet”

my quote “yes I’m available”

nobody knew the league better than Bruce!!  With all his games and different clubs tally! 

see that mountain way over there 👉🏻 🏔 that’s where you go with that shit!

3 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Mark Hughes talking to Sky:

"Foreign managers, I always think it’s sometimes a little bit of a risk because a manager who doesn’t know the Premier League coming from another league, I think invariably they have a period where they are taken aback by the power and the pressure and the speed. That takes some getting used to.

"Maybe Newcastle haven’t got that time initially to really allow a manager to find his feet”

my quote “yes I’m available”

nobody knew the league better than Bruce!!  With all his games and different clubs tally! 

see that mountain way over there 👉🏻 🏔 that’s where you go with that shit!

It's a scam man. They know that time is up on the PFM and work is drying up. This is the propaganda being pushed to keep them in work.

They claim to know the league but they all always end up getting sacked with their clubs in a far worse place.

Allardyce was a complete disaster pulling this stunt at West Brom last season. Time for these lot to go away for good now man. Either go and learn something new or just retire for goodness sake.

The new bunch better not be listening to any of this horse shit. They could pull the wool over Ashley's eyes with this nonsense, which I'm sure is why he kept going for these duds, but please no more!

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

So basically Lascelles with much better guidance

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's a scam man. They know that time is up on the PFM and work is drying up. This is the propaganda being pushed to keep them in work.

They claim to know the league but they all always end up getting sacked with their clubs in a far worse place.

Allardyce was a complete disaster pulling this stunt at West Brom last season. Time for these lot to go away for good now man. Either go and learn something new or just retire for goodness sake.

The new bunch better not be listening to any of this horse shit. They could pull the wool over Ashley's eyes with this nonsense, which I'm sure is why he kept going for these duds, but please no more!

Lampard, Gerrard and Howe are literally the next gen PFMs in the making. Possible shout out to Viera too 

Just now, gjohnson said:

Lampard, Gerrard and Howe are literally the next gen PFMs in the making. Possible shout out to Viera too 

I'm not so sure I agree.

I think those lot actually care enough about what they're doing to pay attention to the more modern ideas in the game and to learn about them, especially as they all came up under better managers and all had to have taken their badges right from the outset.

All the older heads are just stuck in their ways and think all the tactical stuff and data analysis etc is all just a bunch of nonsense.

Yeah Id say that was unfair, at least so far.

The key for any manager is how they adapt to the game as the years go by.

New tactical ideas, new coaching methods, new analytics, new nutritional ideas etc etc

But just because youve had a world class manager as a player, doesnt mean that your gonna be a decent manager (as we all know).

If we can see where those managers are in 10 years, and if they are still trying to apply the same old same old, then yes, PFM's.

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm not so sure I agree.

I think those lot actually care enough about what they're doing to pay attention to the more modern ideas in the game and to learn about them, especially as they all came up under better managers and all had to have taken their badges right from the outset.

All the older heads are just stuck in their ways and think all the tactical stuff and data analysis etc is all just a bunch of nonsense.

I am actually inclined to believe Gerrard might have something, but the likes of Lampard, Rooney etc....can see them 1000 games down the line with every commentator saying they're " a great manager, deserve respect, treated unfairly" when they've relegated their 3rd club in a row