Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

See personally I'm coming away from today's game more positive then before, a last minute defeat is never nice, but I saw signs today along with the derby win last week that we where returning back to our old selves, our intensity and zip was back for long periods, if we had personnel to call on, we get a result today imo.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A third of the goals we've let in have been in the last five minutes[emoji38]

When it's that bad, it cannot get worse trying fresh legs instead of keeping players on and no subs :lol:

I just don't see things changing in terms of our approach unless we either get enough important players back in one go or have a couple of incomings - and to be perfectly honest anyone can point what needs improved and who isn't in our long term plans but its becoming evident that this is going to be a much slower project than the previous moneybags football projects as the circumstances are not completely the same. 

I reserve judgement when we have a near full squad to pick from to demonstrate if Howe has learnt from the mistakes/experiences of this season (not accounting the ones he had no fault in e.g. Tonali). Until then to the people that will say he should have done this, he should have done that with regards to formations and tactics they can crack on but the fact remains he has had the likes of Lascelles, Ritchie and some fucking kids on the bench for this shit run of form in the league. Bloke has already shown his capability of coaching the best out of limited players but these are Champo players and kids on the bench now.

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, Mikky said:

The solution is players coming back which means we are able to rotate during the game with fresh legs 

That doesn't sort out a tactical problem though early in the season we had joelinton bruno and Tonali and they were getting bypassed aswell. So players back won't fix it 

Just now, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Na, you fuck off ya tit 

Get a fucking grip you miserable cunt, stinking up the Howe thread saying we’re shite after we just went toe to toe with the best team in the world with half a squad. Absolute fucking weapon. 

Just now, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Na man, I only speak facts, we've won 1 in 12 / 13 against a championship side, you honestly think were a good team / squad ? 

:lol: predicting 15 years of mediocrity has little to do with facts. This is a  real problem with society. People often confuse their idiotic opinions with fact.

For any folk going on about the gap between defence and midfield today, they very often tucked Foden and Doku well in to massively overload the middle while massively stretching their FBs out. One 'DM' isn't doing much against that.

Unless our FBs man marked them across the pitch, there's very little we could do about it other than sit even deeper & narrower as a team. We took some chances for better counter options until we couldn't any longer.

Just now, Aiston said:

When it's that bad, it cannot get worse trying fresh legs instead of keeping players on and no subs :lol:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, or summit like that.

We definitely have the right tactics given a deep bench. However, given where we are I'm thinking we need to keep the ball more. He has to think of changing things to reserve energy.

Edited by OverThere

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

For any folk going on about the gap between defence and midfield today, they very often tucked Foden and Doku well in to massively overload the middle while massively stretching their FBs out. One 'DM' isn't doing much against that.

Unless our FBs man marked them across the pitch, there's very little we could do about it other than sit even deeper & narrower as a team. We took some chances for better counter options until we couldn't any longer.

It's been a problem all season, even with a fit team. It's not so much people mentioning for just the game today.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

:lol: predicting 15 years of mediocrity has little to do with facts. This is a  real problem with society. People often confuse their idiotic opinions with fact.

Ah man VGB quoting subconscious philosophy don't make you clever or visionary it merely makes you a follower, if you want to quote philosophy at least make it relevant & current, that's just lazy 

You can't blame him much when the other team can put on KDB on the 65th minute after the exhausted us, one thing i would say is that he needs to do something about that Gap between midfield and defense, even Sunderland and Pritchard managed to exploit it.

Just now, Aiston said:

It's been a problem all season, even with a fit team. It's not so much people mentioning for just the game today.

It was a massively overcooked problem until the injury crisis, as our defensive record proved at the time.

Teams who attack leave gaps. City are a fantastic side and it's happened to them plenty.

I get that people are frustrated and we were for the most part, despite defending well second half, shit. But the fact haven't been able to making a meaningful sub for almost 2 months is absurd, and overlooked by every pundit and commentator, and seemingly some of our fans.

1 minute ago, Solitude20 said:

It really has nothing to do with the defeat against City. 

Yeah, we're in a bad patch of form? So? Happens? We as a club are still massively heading in the right direction, so I just can't get angry because just because we're 10th. 

19 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

People think Pep watches games & think "oh aye there good team" na man he stands back & thinks right how do we destroy these lads, that's the difference between winners & losers, we stay losers every time we think were hard done by, Pep & Man City come to every game to win, lots on here think we "should" win

Were terrible man & if you can't see that well,,,,,

You're a fucking idiot like.

20 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

People think Pep watches games & think "oh aye there good team" na man he stands back & thinks right how do we destroy these lads, that's the difference between winners & losers, we stay losers every time we think were hard done by, Pep & Man City come to every game to win, lots on here think we "should" win

Were terrible man & if you can't see that well,,,,,

I think we can all stand back and spot the loser here

Just now, Pablo123 said:

I don't usually read the match threads, but I've realised there's so many people who haven't got the fucking slightest clue about football.

Even the less insane of us haven't got a clue like, the entire football section should be a sea of humility but no one ever learns. :lol:

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

You're a fucking idiot like.

That's a fair point however im a fair bit more realistic than you, were terrible & a top half of the prem leauge at best, nevertheless you think were great but were not, you keep consoling yourself with the lad