Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We didn’t learn anything new today.  Howe tends to pick players that he likes and trusts, and usually makes tactical substitutions reactively - and this season, this has often been after chucking away an unnecessary goal or two.

If every game where it happens is as fun as this one was, I’d be ok.  Doubt his employers share this view, mind. 

I agree on point one and he should see subs quicker, so I kind of agree on point 2 but he's had few options.

On the "employers" point, sorry thats nonsense. Anyone with a football brain should be fully behind Howe.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I agree on point one and he should see subs quicker, so I kind of agree on point 2 but he's had few options.

On the "employers" point, sorry thats nonsense. Anyone with a football brain should be fully behind Howe.

You think he’s in a job if we get that result every week?  I don’t.

I wasn’t suggesting that his job should be in question - just that I’d happily watch crazy 4-4s every week, but ultimately that isn’t likely to be accepted by any board 

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

And again that is not a issue, the issue is leaving him on for as long as he did when everyone can see how bad he was.

Aye, but people are now using this to verify things like "Burn is always a liability against pace" and "Howe needs to change or the PIF will be impatient". It's shite people have been clamming for for ages, the former especially.

It was clear Burn was being roastex and it was confirmed in the 2nd half he shouod have come off, Howe made a massive error there, but Burn is not a shite LB (esoecially given his height) and it isn't absilutely obvious that Livramento should have started ahead of him.

We were top 4 last year with Burn apparently being carried by left wingers all season.

It's not the scoreline, or even the draw. It's the complete lack of control.

We didn't control Fulham, we did control Villa (for 75 mins) and now back to letting Luton run riot.

I don't even think we controlled the mackems the way I think we should.

Burn came in as an emergency leftback when Targett got injured at the start of last season. To then be still picked as starting leftback when we have tino sitting on the bench isn't great management. He's know more than a needs must player a backup at most. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

You think he’s in a job if we get that result every week?  I don’t.

I wasn’t suggesting that his job should be in question - just that I’d happily watch crazy 4-4s every week, but ultimately that isn’t likely to be accepted by any board 

Of course I don't think he should be in a job if we draw every week but that's kind of an obvious point. 

If the board has even once questioned their backing of Howe, then I'd question my backing of them. (That's not to say we shouldn't have our eye on wider football incase things did go to shit, thats just smart business). 

If we performed like this with a fullish squad, my view would be wildy different. Next year is a big year. 

Agree on this with control. But difficult with these 3 central midfield players.
As it stands now, it's Hawaii football both ways.

Primarily wants a formation change. But is Howe willing to do that?

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Just like Howe is fully behind Burn? :lol:

Just now, STM said:

Of course I don't think he should be in a job if we draw every week but that's kind of an obvious point. 

If the board has even once questioned their backing of Howe, then I'd question my backing of them. (That's not to say we shouldn't have our eye on wider football incase things did go to shit, thats just smart business). 

If we performed like this with a fullish squad, my view would be wildy different. Next year is a big year. 

I agree, I was saying it tongue-in-cheek - often football boards don’t look for the same things fans do.  Wasn’t about our board, but football boards generally.

100% re next season.  The rest of this one has a slight ‘free hit’ feel barring disaster - we just aim to get as many points as we can and a cup run for now. 

I could see the point of Burn starting. He can get caught out by pace early on but he often makes the adjustments, even against the very best of wide players.

There was a point quite early on in the match though where you could see trouble really brewing. And we did nothing to mitigate it. In fact,  given we didn't really try to hold up play further up the pitch, our wide forwards were often too far up to help Burn. He often needs help with one vs one situations. 

Our set up for the game started to unravel and our reluctance to adjust was either born of naivety or stubborness.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

1 point from Luton for the whole season is unacceptable imo.

Meaning, what? Dock his wages? Sack him? Public humiliation? What must we do given we cannot accept this? What are the repercussions?

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

1 point from Luton for the whole season is unacceptable imo.

Villa took 0 points from us this season. Is that unacceptable?

Luton aren’t nearly as bad as their position suggests.  They’re starting to get results - I mentioned in the preview thread that they don’t get battered, and usually lose even to the very top sides by the odd goal (the 3-4 vs Arsenal being a case in point).  

3 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Nearly up there with Derby in their worst ever season !

I wouldn’t say so. This Luton team is decent enough and Liverpool, City and Arsenal struggled to get past them this season, they also slapped  Brighton 4-0 last week. 

Luton are a nightmare to play of late for everyone. Really respect how they are coming along.

Their power, pace and running matches up well against us, especially with Joelinton missing in midfield along with Tonali.

Brutal for Longstaff, Miley and Bruno as they just don't quite have the legs. Our back line isn't the quickest either.

Mr. Howe please get us a starting left back next season, and don't use Burn there anymore. I am really growing to hate that selection. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

I wouldn’t say so. This Luton team is decent enough and Liverpool, City and Arsenal struggled to get past them this season, they also slapped  Brighton 4-0 last week. 

Yep.  I’ve seen a few ‘Derby’ comparisons.  Completely disrespectful to this Luton side - they’re not even close to being that shite.  They’re on course for a 30+ point season - Derby took 11 points that year 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Meaning, what? Dock his wages? Sack him? Public humiliation? What must we do given we cannot accept this? What are the repercussions?

How about at the very least pointing out this is not the standard we should be expecting?

This Howe love is getting ridiculous. If you don’t expect a win at home against a relegation fighters, then tell me what’s your expectation for our league position?

Just now, Zero said:

How about at the very least pointing out this is not the standard we should be expecting?

This Howe love is getting ridiculous. If you don’t expect a win at home against a relegation fighters, then tell me what’s your expectation for our league position?

You think Howe is expecting and accepting 1pt from 6 vs. Luton?

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  I’ve seen a few ‘Derby’ comparisons.  Completely disrespectful to this Luton side - they’re not even close to being that shite.  They’re on course for a 30+ point season - Derby took 11 points that year 

so should we feel pleased to get 1 point today? If that’s the case then I apologise

2 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Howe's inability to react or sack off his mates when they're a liability will ultimately cost him his job.

Credit where its due, he's done a great job, but in the summer he needs to go.

I mean, it could well do, but the summer would be far too soon for me.  Everything the man has achieved so far makes me think that I’d only be comfortable thinking that way if we’re in the same place this time next season

Just now, Andybiotics said:

Howe's inability to react or sack off his mates when they're a liability will ultimately cost him his job.

Credit where its due, he's done a great job, but in the summer he needs to go.

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC