Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

They're almost as annoying and as polarised and is the lads that go on like the sky is falling in.

It's almost like the situation is somewhere in the middle.

Balanced opinions on the Internet, it’ll never catch on

Tv Show Lol GIF

26 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

The goodwill has almost gone.

Honestly, the guy is going off the rails with his decisions and loyalties. I know the injuries are a factor but only up to a point.

I'd be very disappointed if the higher-ups aren't at looking keeping a pulse on the managerial market. Because I'm not sure we get far beyond the summer with Howe.

Jesus Christ. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Look at the poster, he could barely keep his undies dry when we were challenging for fourth.

It’s a bit of an overreaction granted but you can barely keep yours dry when anyone is critical of Howe on here. Surely you understand that people are going to be frustrated seeing the same glaring issues game after game to the extent we’re only 2 points ahead of Wolves?

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I do think the Burn thing gets blown out of proportion. The manager isn't an imbecile; he'll be aware of the player's weaknesses but feels there are other benefits to playing him. He's a leader and his height gives him a unique strength both when dealing with crosses, as well a carrying a goal threat for us when we've no strikers. There's also the effect his being there has on Trippier's role.

As others have said, Livramento coming in won't suddenly stop there from being caverns of space between our midfield and defence; it's not as simple as just playing a quicker LB.

But player fast, burn slow, tino win win

He'll not be under any real pressure in terms of his job IMO, particularly with Ashworth jumping. All things considered, he's done a fantastic job and is a young, English manager that has shown some elite traits.

I do however think he's putting some stuff on his resume that does give cause for concern about the future, though.

The favouritism with Burn is very disappointing, don't think there's really any argument to be made that Burn is a better option than Tino has been this season.

Also, I do worry about how quick he'll be to change things up when needed in the future. Pretty clear that teams have found a way to get at us defensively this season and there's been no real signs of any attempt to change things up.

Today we started 6 of the 8 players who made up our back five and midfield last season and we're just so easy to get at. Yeah, Joelinton and Pope are big losses but I don't think getting those two back is going to be a magic bullet.

Looking forward to the summer, squad desperately needs a freshening up and with Ashworth gone it seems safe to assume that Howe will be the loudest voice in the room when deciding what moves we make in the transfer market.

Hopefully we bring in the right players and hit the ground running next season and have the squad to play the way we want to play, I do think most of the issues Eddie has had will be solved with a better squad of players to choose from.

1 minute ago, LordJake said:

The target last season was 10th, the target this year is 8th

We don’t know what the target is.  My view at the start of the season was that 7th/8th would represent a decent campaign, and my opinion hasn’t changed.  Part of the issue is the lop-sided nature of the season creating recency bias.  

Just now, LordJake said:

The target last season was 10th, the target this year is 8th

If we finished 10th last season there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind Eddie would’ve have lost his job. Zero. You don’t spend hundreds of millions to go from 11th to 10th in a league where Brentford and Fulham finish top half.

For those calling for 3 at the back, we already play like that in possession anyway.

Howe is right to stick with his principles for the long term benefit of players imo. It's chaos now but it won't be in future. Just a phase we're in. He's clearly managing some half-fit players too so quite a few can't go full pelt.

Burn is the main thing you can dig him for today but, tbh, I thought he adjusted well after 20 minutes and then the goal came. Still, I'd be looking to introduce Tino now for home games at least with a look to next season regardless.

What do people really expect? We’ve been without half a team all season. I’m annoyed about the left back issue but otherwise I have no real other things to say about the matter. We’re still 7th with half a squad and still in the FA cup. 

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

It’s a bit of an overreaction granted but you can barely keep yours dry when anyone is critical of Howe on here. Surely you understand that people are going to be frustrated seeing the same glaring issues game after game to the extent we’re only 2 points ahead of Wolves?

Tbf, you wet yourself in 21/22 and 22/23, like.

Convinced we were down on the former, wrote off top 4 last year by February.

Just now, Kanji said:

What do people really expect? We’ve been without half a team all season. I’m annoyed about the left back issue but otherwise I have no real other things to say about the matter. We’re still 7th with half a squad and still in the FA cup. 

No one wants your common sense! Mass hysteria and overreacting only please.

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

No one wants your common sense! Mass hysteria and overreacting only please.

Tbf I do think some of the recent performances have looked severely disjointed and it’s got sod all to do with injuries or fatigue.  We haven’t looked particularly well organised of late - yes, we’re missing key personnel who could get us more points but I’m talking about the basics of professional football 

16 minutes ago, Marquee Moon said:

I think Tino should be starting, but it’s foolish to think that 1 change is gonna fix all that much.

Our midfield has been decimated all season, been playing our sub goalie for months, 2 senior strikers rotating injuries all year and never able to get fully fit. Pretty much every manager in the world would be struggling in this situation, Klopp certainly did last year.

It's brought up all the time, but when Rodri is injured Man City don't win. For some it's a tactical limitation with Howe that we struggle with half the squad out though.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Howe has made mistakes (again keeping Burn on against Luton was moronic).

It's people consistently ignoring obvious things (like Burn dropping into a 3 and Trippier pushing on) to make the same points every game, and the absurd notion that Howe should be under pressure (not you) when he's doing no worse than over half of the managers in the league.

Tino is clearly a better fullback than Dan Burn, Howe would have dropped him months ago if he thought he could play the same role.

Love Eddie but this Burn thing is just plain weird. He’s not performing, game after game. Meanwhile, we have a very very good young player who’s much more suited to the position, sitting on the bench every week.

5 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

For those calling for 3 at the back, we already play like that in possession anyway.

it will be a different system if we push Burn in and let Livra take the wide position.

We have a player in the first team who is single handedly costing us goals on a consistent basis and yet there’s no danger of him being dropped. Whichever way you look at it, that is shit management.
Going into every game knowing you have to score at least 2 goals to win it because your loyalty to a player who should’ve been dropped weeks ago means we’ll definitely concede at least 1 is fucking ludicrous. It’s beyond comprehension.
The idea that what Burn gives us in other areas makes up for his calamities is total bollocks. With him in the team were shipping goals for fun. Where’s the danger in swapping him for someone else? We concede more? Not going to happen!

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

He'll not be under any real pressure in terms of his job IMO, particularly with Ashworth jumping. All things considered, he's done a fantastic job and is a young, English manager that has shown some elite traits.

I do however think he's putting some stuff on his resume that does give cause for concern about the future, though.

The favouritism with Burn is very disappointing, don't think there's really any argument to be made that Burn is a better option than Tino has been this season.

Also, I do worry about how quick he'll be to change things up when needed in the future. Pretty clear that teams have found a way to get at us defensively this season and there's been no real signs of any attempt to change things up.

Today we started 6 of the 8 players who made up our back five and midfield last season and we're just so easy to get at. Yeah, Joelinton and Pope are big losses but I don't think getting those two back is going to be a magic bullet.

Looking forward to the summer, squad desperately needs a freshening up and with Ashworth gone it seems safe to assume that Howe will be the loudest voice in the room when deciding what moves we make in the transfer market.

Hopefully we bring in the right players and hit the ground running next season and have the squad to play the way we want to play, I do think most of the issues Eddie has had will be solved with a better squad of players to choose from.

Well summed up. If he have (and toys bloody hope so) a solid summer to improve the squad, sort the striker situation out so we have more depth, sort LB situation out, upgrade RW as well as bolstering midfield then he’s got to deliver really and the pressure will be on. Like it’s been said above he’s going to have to adapt and learn how to cope with situations and develop a better plan B. If he doesn’t do that and we struggle next season he’ll eventually be replaced considering where the board and PIF want to go.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tbf I do think some of the recent performances have looked severely disjointed and it’s got sod all to do with injuries or fatigue.  We haven’t looked particularly well organised of late - yes, we’re missing key personnel who could get us more points but I’m talking about the basics of professional football 

No reasonable arguments allowed either! 😄

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

it will be a different system if we push Burn in and let Livra take the wide position.

It will, it'll mean the player with the most assists in the league is the one who sits back. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It's brought up all the time, but when Rodri is injured Man City don't win. For some it's a tactical limitation with Howe that we struggle with half the squad out though.

Exactly this

I’d be interested to see how the other big sides perform for a number of months with

- Their first choice keeper out

- Two established and key midfielders out

- Their biggest signing of the summer (and 2nd biggest ever) out pretty much all season

- Two first choice strikers made of glass

Now you could argue that we have made some of these injuries worse, or have brought players back too early, but you apply that list to most teams and they won’t perform at their peak. 

With a reasonably fit squad Eddie has delivered, so he deserves our patience. 

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I do think the Burn thing gets blown out of proportion. The manager isn't an imbecile; he'll be aware of the player's weaknesses but feels there are other benefits to playing him. He's a leader and his height gives him a unique strength both when dealing with crosses, as well a carrying a goal threat for us when we've no strikers. There's also the effect his being there has on Trippier's role.

As others have said, Livramento coming in won't suddenly stop there from being caverns of space between our midfield and defence; it's not as simple as just playing a quicker LB.

It’s about playing someone who never deserved to be dropped and was our best player when played. Also about trying something new instead of the same glaring flaws in each game.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It will, it'll mean the player with the most assists in the league is the one who sits back. 

Trippier wont have much freedom against Arsenal anyway.