Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Arsenal are clearly a few levels above us, as they should be

it's hard to watch but that's where we are

will take time to really compete at this level 

having more options in midfield next season will help massively 

25 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

All the pampers wearing posters, just have a night off. Fill up your nappy’s and go to bed early.

Defend him like he is a god aye. He never does anything wrong, aye

I feel We've been hamstrung by injuries and a lack of confidence since probably around early December but we cannot keep using that as an excuse. Arsenal have played at their absolute best tonight (so far) as did Man City the other week at SJP.

However. We aren't helping ourselves. That picket between defence and midfield has been exploited for weeks and weeks and we always take until half time to address it. We don't play with enough intensity to create issues and when we do it's not the whole team it's just the attack, then the midfield and that disjointed nature means there's even bigger pockets and gaps.

We've been a little naive and stumbling through, it feels since the earlier stages of the season. I'm sure with players coming back it will be addressed but we really need some of our leaders around the club to tell the collective to give their heads a wobble.

I think we need to be as fans too. All this talk of a disappointing season man, what a load of shite.

That half was really bad and second will be bad too but we beat these at home after a decent performance when we had more options. Just hope people stay patient.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Try a different approach or formation ? The one we are playing now has seen the likes of Forest, Luton and Bournemouth cut through us at will. Surely tonight would have been an ideal time to try tighten us up ?

Does Howe know how? Looks like we’ve not played together before. Sluggish and don’t want the ball as much as Arsenal. Yes weak midfield. Longstaff and Bruno need to up it a gear (if they can against this level of quality). 

12 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

Arsenal are clearly a few levels above us, as they should be

They are, but we beat them last time we played them. That first half was a disgrace man, it was like we weren’t in the same league as them. 

Their midfield is top 2 in the league. We were always going to struggle with our lack of midfield options. Bruno (who is trying to not get booked) can't afford to ruffle them up. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Even when they let us attack we fuck it up.

That last 2 minutes was embarrassing from us. From the edge of their box back to out goalkeeper then straight to theirs…

I can’t believe people are in here making excuses for this. We didn’t have a single shot in the first half. Again I’m all for Howe but we’re allowed to criticise this. 

Just now, Decky said:

I can’t believe people are in here making excuses for this. We didn’t have a single shot in the first half. Again I’m all for Howe but we’re allowed to criticise this. 

It genuinely looked like a lower league side panting against them in the FA cup.

14 minutes ago, Heron said:

I feel We've been hamstrung by injuries and a lack of confidence since probably around early December but we cannot keep using that as an excuse. Arsenal have played at their absolute best tonight (so far) as did Man City the other week at SJP.

However. We aren't helping ourselves. That picket between defence and midfield has been exploited for weeks and weeks and we always take until half time to address it. We don't play with enough intensity to create issues and when we do it's not the whole team it's just the attack, then the midfield and that disjointed nature means there's even bigger pockets and gaps.

We've been a little naive and stumbling through, it feels since the earlier stages of the season. I'm sure with players coming back it will be addressed but we really need some of our leaders around the club to tell the collective to give their heads a wobble.

I think we need to be as fans too. All this talk of a disappointing season man, what a load of shite.

It has been though, without going into the reasons for it. It’s been massively disappointing given all of the positivity going into it. I can’t wait for it to be over.

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

you'll be a pariah if you do, sadly.

Gonna get pelters for this but it’s obvious Howe will get moved on at some point. He’s not the man to win the big stuff, or maybe even anything? I love the man and it fucking sucks but it’s becoming more and more apparent now. 

Is this guy still learning? Cause every time people have just said "he will learn from x/y/z". The pocket between midfield is still getting abused by any team. He can only use one formation even if our current players available does not suit it. He is seemingly having a hard time learning.