Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

People on here said it was down to fatigue and that we were playing multiple times a week.

Now we are playing once a week we are going with the nursing players back to full fitness excuse, despite playing pretty much the same defence and midfield every single week.

It's not a very good midfield though, is it.

And aren't all those other reasons genuine?

Edited by JUICE690

Just now, Izakaya said:

Yeah I think he's hit his ceiling now. Feels like it's coming to a natural end at the end of the season. 

I fear he’s going to be given the transfer window and we’ll blow our wad on something Bournemouth.

They were men against boys tonight and it shouldn’t be that way because our squad are anything but that..

Just now, Matt1892 said:

People on here said it was down to fatigue and that we were playing multiple times a week.

Now we are playing once a week we are going with the nursing players back to full fitness excuse, despite playing pretty much the same defence and midfield every single week.

The midfield is garbage atm. Joelinton and Willock make a pretty big difference. 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

I fear he’s going to be given the transfer window and we’ll blow our wad on something Bournemouth.

They were men against boys tonight and it shouldn’t be that way because our squad are anything but that..

You’ve had some of the most bizarre takes in recent history so I am not too concerned about what you fear.

Howe’s been brilliant for a season and a half and average this season I would say if trying to put this in context.

He ran out of ideas at Bournemouth and defending was genuinely regarded as his weak spot.

Last season the stats showed we were fucking brilliant defensively, but most will have noticed towards the end of season we started to look a little bit vulnerable at the back especially to pace.

I genuinely don’t know which way this goes for Howe, I certainly don’t see us winning the FA Cup on current form and strongly suspect this current form continuing into next season will see him gone after 10 games.

Without a DOF i seriously worry about this summers transfer strategy, which if we get wrong could have massive ramifications going forward.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

The links to several Bournemouth players are more concerning to me than current results tbh.  

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Except we were quite capable of holding on to the ball, before we got the injuries.

Apparently none of that ever happened. We've been getting battered every week and are set to be relegated.

Still maintain unless we have an absolutely disastrous end to the season then Howe should 100% be manager starting next season. The real pressure will come if we have another bad season.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

The midfield is garbage atm. Joelinton and Willock make a pretty big difference. 

Joelinton and Willock cannot play in midfield together, as neither of them can fill the right sided midfield position and it makes us unbalanced.

It is why we missed Longstaff so much at the end of last season.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I really admire your tolerance and persistence. I don't think your audience is interested in dealing with the reality of our situation though, so mind you don't drive yourself crazy over the nonsense.

I’m not overly fussed on the results - other than the worry that Isak, Bruno and Botman will all be off in the summer.

The issue for me is that he’s played the hand he has been dealt badly with the way we’re going out with the same midfield issue, creating the same defensive issues and the compounding our attacking issues through running any fit player into the ground. If we are going to progress we need a manager who is a bit more proactive when things aren’t going well.

the power play/dynamic that is seemingly in place with Ashworth is also a little concerning.

there is of course a very plausible scenario where he was the right person for the last 2.5 years but has hit the ceiling.

i dunno, thinking out loud really but I’m coming more around to the idea that he needs a storming end of the season or that will be all folks.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

I mean even going by this nonsensical logic, now we're playing once a week we've started getting results again, this is our first defeat in 6.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The links to several Bournemouth players are more concerning to me than current results tbh.  

Solanke and Kelly would improve us massively in fairness (not saying I would sign them mind).

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

He conceded plenty and got outplayed plenty. 

We definitely would put on the odd ropey display, but we conceded an average of pretty much exactly one goal per game under KK.  We are conceding an average of more than two per game this season. 

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Joelinton and Willock cannot play in midfield together, as neither of them can fill the right sided midfield position and it makes us unbalanced.

It is why we missed Longstaff so much at the end of last season.

Wait. They have played fine there together before. And I don’t necessarily mean at the same time. Willock can change a game. Joelinton can bully the shit out of a midfield. 

You’ve had some of the most bizarre takes in recent history so I am not too concerned about what you fear.

You're so incredibly dull.. possibly the most dull individual on this forum. No interesting opinions, just sit on the fence and hope life passes you by. Your repeated attempts at trying to bait are of no interest to me.. a cabbage would be more fun to engage with.

So respectfully, fuck off.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Solanke and Kelly would improve us massively in fairness ( not saying I would sign them mind).

Yeah, they would, and Kelly on a free appeals.  My concern would be that the likes of Solanke are not who takes you up another level. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Solanke and Kelly would improve us massively in fairness ( not saying I would sign them mind).

Solanke would cost atleast 60 million. We should go back to carrs French German scouting cheaper deals. 

I just hope that if Howe does turn it around, some of you grow a pair and admit that you may have continually overreacted during every rough patch.  

if he doesn’t last, he doesn’t last. But once again, he deserves a little latitude for what he has done for us up until now.

Wait. They have played fine there together before. And I don’t necessarily mean at the same time. Willock can change a game. Joelinton can bully the shit out of a midfield. 

When they play well together it is usually with Joelinton wide left. 

Either of them will add better balance to the side as Miley isn’t naturally suited to the left side, but they wouldn’t play in the centre together unless we had no other options.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We definitely would put on the odd ropey display, but we conceded an average of pretty much exactly one goal per game under KK.  We are conceding an average of more than two per game this season. 

94-95 which has a lot of similarities in situation with now. 4-2 Spurs, 3-0 QPR, 2-0 Liverpool and Everton, 3-1 Southampton. It happened like.

Most teams would struggle having 3 CMs available for half of the season especially when one is a 17 year old kid who is 7th choice and the other is Longstaff. 

Not really sure what the talk about Eddie hitting the ceiling is about. If you're judging him on a run with half the squad missing rather than the top 4 form we've showed when he had options available I don't know what to say.