Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Dan Burn and Longstaff got 120 mins man. That's crazy to me.

Rumour has it he's making them jog back to Newcastle behind the coach.

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Sure.  Sure.  Because we are so inept I guess?

I guess it was a different team that had beaten Man City, Man Utd, Paris SG in cup competitions already this season.  All with a squad decimated with injuries.

I admire your optimism but its not gonna happen 

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We don’t look a well coached side. 

Agree, sadly. Too many look like they don’t have a clue what their role is. We all know it: we either break teams down by attrition through running or we are almost a submissive presence in the game. There’s no just plan if plan A doesn’t work.

12 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

As much as we can all agree he's earnt the right to start next year, he really needs to shake up his ideas and quick because we were so close to ending our season there and just limping across the finish line and we still have 3 months to go.

See I disagree with this.

He's earned the right to have a clear decision on next season made early in the summer

He's either got the whole of next season barring a total unforeseen disaster and therefore the summer going balls deep in Howeball and who he wants

Or the board decide that this wasn't good enough and we move on.

Being a little indecisive does Howe no favours as the summer will be compromised and we know that we can get a better manager in during the summer than we can in September.

Just now, Sibierski said:

Lack of changes and doubling down again on formation during game. Got over line, but same issues persist.

Now more players are coming back, we should be seeing different things moving forward, as clearly our way from last season has lost its edge, which is fair, it peaked with players like Longstaff/Almiron etc. so it’s time to evolve the style. 

Need to work on better patterns of play IMO. Tino at RB was great, as he had the individualistic ability to just drive with the ball, which then creates space. Just does leave us exposed on turnover as we have no recovery pace in midfield/defence, so something to work on structure wise to mitigate it to allow that extra dimension in attack. Showed with corners that others can take them too.

It will take a week or two, those coming back aren't match sharp.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

What does that have to do with Eddie Howe?

The best in the business couldn't motivate his under achieving team last season.  So it's a weird argument to bring up.

You can clearly see the effort from all the players today.  So I would even argue he can and is motivating them.  Just they aren't playing well.

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

See I disagree with this.

He's earned the right to have a clear decision on next season made early in the summer

He's either got the whole of next season barring a total unforeseen disaster and therefore the summer going balls deep in Howeball and who he wants

Or the board decide that this wasn't good enough and we move on.

Being a little indecisive does Howe no favours as the summer will be compromised and we know that we can get a better manager in during the summer than we can in September.

For the time being biggest thing he needs to quickly fix is the amount of goals we are hemorrhaging otherwise its a midtable finish and a knock out of the next round. If him not sorting the goals we are conceding isn't sorted by early next year, I just can't see the board sticking with him.

Edited by Amir_9

A lot of our game is dependent on confidence and we don’t have any atm. It makes us tepid in and out of possession. We second guess ourselves. 

Weve never been an Ange type team where you can see lots of possession play from the training ground.  It’s more getting that fire in your belly, high anticipation, sharp play.  

2 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

His job is save for now, but the higher ups are watching closely. Heard some rumour they already talking with Tuchel, don't quote me on this.

Aye, Tuchel [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

His job is save for now, but the higher ups are watching closely. Heard some rumour they already talking with Tuchel, don't quote me on this.

Tuchel is about to end up with no trophies at the easiest club to win at least one trophy in all of football.

Great choice.

Just now, Amir_9 said:

For the time being biggest thing he needs to quickly fix is the amount of goals we are hemorrhaging otherwise its a midtable finish and a knock out of the next round. If him not sorting the goals we are conceding out isn't sorted by early next year, I just can't see the board sticking with him.

If we don't see an improvement - or at least signs of something turning around (and we have a favourable fixture list to do this now) - then I really don't see the point in waiting to September to make a decision.

All in or all out but be 100% clear on the decision

5 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

Too late.

Tbf your record with rumours is exemplary 

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

The best in the business couldn't motivate his under achieving team last season.  So it's a weird argument to bring up.

You can clearly see the effort from all the players today.  So I would even argue he can and is motivating them.  Just they aren't playing well.

Someone said the players were awful and didn’t look motivated. I simply replied that it’s Howe’s job to motivate the players. Players not looking arsed doesn’t absolve Howe of responsibility as the person was suggesting. 

That is all.  If you think the players looked sharp and motivated - great. 

2 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Hopefully this is rock bottom and the only way is up because that was bordering on a comedy sketch that performance.

Rock bottom :lol: 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Someone said the players were awful and didn’t look motivated. I simply replied that it’s Howe’s job to motivate the players. Players not looking arsed doesn’t absolve Howe of responsibility as the person was suggesting. 

That is all.  If you think the players looked sharp and motivated - great. 

Who didn't look arsed?

Performances lately have been disappointing but the season isn’t over yet. Still in the FA Cup and still just 2 points from 7th. He needs to get the team firing again and if he does we’ll be in Europe again next season. 

We’re two wins from a final and one from Wembley, we’re so close to another great season and we’ve had probably the worst injury crisis at the club in living memory. Howe and the players know they have to improve so keep the faith and let’s see how the final stretch of the season goes.

8 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

I heard a rumour we’re signing Neymar and Ronaldo on loan from the Saudi League. Don’t quote me on this.