Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Got it wrong tonight. Not helped by some cowardly performances. 

I know it’s very basic analysis. But the amount of times they were flying into challenges and we pretty much pulled out. The shithousing from them. They genuinely seemed a yard quicker to every loose ball.

That was us last season. But our tactics seemed well off. As did the effort from most of the players. 

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

If this is what ten days of his training and coaching produces we may as well send the lads on a week long all inclusive to Ibiza next time we get a fixture gap.

You say that like we don't normally go on an absolute tear after most breaks we have :lol: 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Who wants Thursday and Sunday football next season, it’s a right fucking pain in the arse.

Would love that pain in the arse, bare minimum it gets Howe some more experience in Europe!

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

If this is what ten days of his training and coaching produces we may as well send the lads on a week long all inclusive to Ibiza next time we get a fixture gap.

You say that like we don't normally go on an absolute tear after most breaks we have :lol: 

Think it was obvious within 30 mins the tactics were a bad matchup for palace today. Waited until 60th to make a change. Kudos to palace, they played with a ton of energy. Brave as well leaving only 3 men back most of the match. I think we tried too hard to go route one and there was no outlet ball when we won possession back so it was easy for palace to win it off us. 

Few of our players didn’t look up for it as much as they usually are. 

Only knock on Eddie today is seeing how overrun we were for 60 mins and only reacting to it when we were 1-0 down. I’m not a fan of first half tactical changes but if it’s that clear you have to change something. 

Just now, 54 said:

:lol: I wasn't being entirely serious. But just weird how Palace looked sharper and fresher when they've had a midweek game and we looked absolutely shagged from the word go. Perhaps he's worked them too hard over the ten days, I don't know.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

I understand not wanting to change what worked against Tottenham but by playing that way we played into their hands, he needs to have diffrent solutions to diffrent teams.

That’s the issue I have with him - he’s almost too scared to change things 

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Got it wrong tonight. Not helped by some cowardly performances. 

I know it’s very basic analysis. But the amount of times they were flying into challenges and we pretty much pulled out. The shithousing from them. They genuinely seemed a yard quicker to every loose ball.

That was us last season. But our tactics seemed well off. As did the effort from most of the players. 

That nastiness to our game hasn’t been present all season unfortunately.

1 minute ago, RS said:

New manager bounce fucked him tonight. 

I thought it was us having too many shite players turning out tbh. Not sure how much of that is his fault.

Just now, TRon said:

I thought it was us having too many shite players turning out tbh. Not sure how much of that is his fault.

Good enough to batter Spurs though :lol:

If we praise him for the Spurs game, should be criticised for this dross tonight as well.

Again, didn't watch it tonight, but one of the more concerning things this season has been our lack of points against teams we should absolutely be beating. Everton, Forest, Luton, Palace. Some of those at home as well. Needs to be a real focus next season, simply can't drop points that frequently if we've ambitions on breaking into the Top6/Top4

Got Glas-ed tonight. Just wrong. Wholly wrong. Totally and utterly wrong. The wrongest anyone has ever been. Wrong in the purest essence of the word. Look up wrong in the dictionary and it will be a description of us in this match. 

Just now, TRon said:

I thought the palace players energy was key in making us second best all over the pitch. I attributed that to the new manager.  I’m not laying blame, it just fucked him. 

Still finding it absolutely staggering that we played the full game with a back 5. We didn't have a shot on target until the 87th minute haha. 

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Got Glas-ed tonight. Just wrong. Wholly wrong. Totally and utterly wrong. The wrongest anyone has ever been. Wrong in the purest essence of the word. Look up wrong in the dictionary and it will be a description of us in this match. 

Are you a chat gpt bot?

1 minute ago, RS said:

I thought the palace players energy was key in making us second best all over the pitch. I attributed that to the new manager.  I’m not laying blame, it just fucked him. 

I kept watching them press Bruno and he usually glided through them with ease. At the higher level when you've got 11 players of that quality, teams like Palace get countered and put down. They have some decent players, but our too many poor players just meant we were overmatched.