Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Miley's still very much in development stage, but he's actually similar to Bruno in that he can usually work his way through a press. That's what we missed in too many areas tonight. He's a long way from the finished article, but he's clearly got some ability.

I think we need a RW who can tear an arse in a defence, stretch the field and create a goal in tight games. We’re too reliant on Gordon and Isak. I suppose if Bruno stays maybe he’ll play higher up with Tonali coming back in 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, 1892er said:

Started well for 2 mins is crazy :lol:

It feels like a cracked, but Tbf, hes been here some time now and it's the 1st thing he's said which you've went, really? You said that, on camera?

It was every 30 seconds under Bruce. 😂

Just now, Dokko said:

It feels like a cracked, but Tbf, hes been here some time now and it's the 1st thing he's said which you've went, really? You said that, on camera?

It was every 30 seconds under Bruce. 😂

It is a pretty absurd comment from him and very Pardewesque.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Hopefully him just trying not to hang the players out straight after a match. Hopefully he's tearing them a new one before the next game. 

not wanting to shoot also baffled me 

don't think their keeper was tested once? 

the kind of performance that makes me want this season to just end 

Old Trafford and Brentford are going to be excruciating 

Just now, Dokko said:

Hopefully him just trying not to hang the players out straight after a match. Hopefully he's tearing them a new one before the next game. 

The good news is that this is totally a one off from him, as you pointed out. 

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We was playing well for 2 mins and then we was absolutely raped :pardsgrin:

He's not wrong though. :lol: It wasn't immediately a bad performance, we looked okay then grew into playing bad, then nearly out of it, then stayed in it. It's a throwaway comment anyway.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s angry and I’m glad. No issues with what he said.

I’m not angry at what he said either, since he doesn’t say it every time we lose. It’s a one off type of comment from him anyway.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

He kind of did with the not wanting to shoot thing though :lol:

Yeah. I think he was holding bsck like. Couldn't say what he wanted to and ended up sounding a bit of a plum. 

Should have called them a bunch of bottle jobs and if they can't meet the standard well be moving them on I'm the summer. I mean, he's protected them long enough. It's tongue in cheek comment, but maybe a few of them need to be told publicly this is their future they are playing for.

Christ, Twitter is horrible tonight, a really bad display granted, but the first hiccup in a while, going into the game from the Premier league form chart as third best in the league, now we're back to sack Howe.

Why are our fans so weird, we used to be called the deluded Geordies, its starting to become reality. 

Edited by mighty__mag

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Well, fair play for the accurate comments. The 2 minutes thing is funny, but entirely true. In the first few actions of the game we looked confident and purposeful. And then we didn't. My impression is the motivation was wrong - trying to overperform, leading to rushed passes, naive pressing and snatched tackles.

Credit to Crystal Palace, they were really good tonight, which contributed to us looking bad. This was a long way from our worst performance this season. But in a way that makes it all the more disturbing that we were comprehensively outdone by them tonight. If there was a team here that you'd think would be making a champions league push next season, it certainly wasn't us.

We were shifting momentum at the end of the first half and beginning of the second, and starting to turn the screw, but they had so much more zest and potency than us, ultimately - despite us having had 10 days of rest and training.

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Christ, Twitter is horrible tonight, a really bad display granted, but the first hiccup in a while, going into the game from the Premier league form chart as third best in the league, now we're back to sack Howe.

Why are our fans so weird, we used to be called the deluded Geordies, its starting to become reality. 

Twitter should never be used to judge anything mind.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Away from is a massive issue like. 15th in the away table. Less points on the road than Everton and just one more than Burnley. 

That's dreadful whatever way you look at it. 

Screenshot_20240424-224506.thumb.png.517ceef3ca16f0119e12f3775653ebc8.png

In the season we got our biggest ever away win too. Bizarre. No wonder Eddie’s baffled. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Away from is a massive issue like. 15th in the away table. Less points on the road than Everton and just one more than Burnley. 

That's dreadful whatever way you look at it. 

Screenshot_20240424-224506.thumb.png.517ceef3ca16f0119e12f3775653ebc8.png

Depends how you perceive it, I could consider we're only two away wins from where we likely should be?

My first thought was he was out done tactically but then you look at the players out there. When you’ve got Burn, Kraft, Murphy, Longstaff being pressed it’s no wonder we couldn’t get out and get our front 3 on the ball. So many times we gave away possession or passed ourselves backwards into a blind alley. One to forget.

5 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

My first thought was he was out done tactically but then you look at the players out there. When you’ve got Burn, Kraft, Murphy, Longstaff being pressed it’s no wonder we couldn’t get out and get our front 3 on the ball. So many times we gave away possession or passed ourselves backwards into a blind alley. One to forget.

This was it for me, these players aren't good/confident on the ball and always need an extra touch or 10 to line up a pass, any kind of pressure and they crumble, Palace played a blinder.

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

This was it for me, these players aren't good/confident on the ball and always need an extra touch or 10 to line up a pass, any kind of pressure and they crumble, Palace played a blinder.

Wilson aside, we don't have a good knock it up for a tussle option either.

Was hoping we'd see Isak drop in more today at times to help us progress the ball or get a grip. Felt like he was always looking for the chase.