Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re a long way off our record in the top flight tbf

Top flight maybe but in terms of PL:

United have scored 74 goals in the PL, the most we've netted in a 38 game PL season along with 2001/02 season. The only higher total than that was 82, during the 46 game 1993/94 campaign.

In terms of home games only, Eddie Howe's side have 48 to their name. That's their third-highest total, exceeded only by 54 (1996/97) and 51 (1993/94).

10 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Top flight maybe but in terms of PL:

United have scored 74 goals in the PL, the most we've netted in a 38 game PL season along with 2001/02 season. The only higher total than that was 82, during the 46 game 1993/94 campaign.

In terms of home games only, Eddie Howe's side have 48 to their name. That's their third-highest total, exceeded only by 54 (1996/97) and 51 (1993/94).

93/94 was a 42 game season tbf - and we’ll need to average 2+ in the remaining games to beat it.  I think we will, though

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

93/94 was a 42 game season tbf - and we’ll need to average 2+ in the remaining games to beat it.  I think we will, though

It’ll be tight- possibly need a similar result to Brighton (h) last year to get us over the line.

Eddie Howe is proving to be one of the best managers we've had, I only see Keegan and Robson ahead of him but he could surpass them if he's here long enough.

Weird one, I only recently found out he was an Everton fan, his boyhood club, used to mainly watch them as an away fan because he could never get to Goodison.

Just looked over the squad list and it's genuinely exciting to see how many players we can improve on if we're to assume the likes of Bruno, Botman and Isak are the standard. 

We're actually sooo far away where we'll eventually so it's pretty incredible to see us battling it out with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd at this stage of our development.

Honeslty excited to see what Howe can do with an even better calibre of squad.

Edited by Thumbheed

17 minutes ago, Ellis H said:

Joint third in the league with Man City for clean sheets this season. One more than Liverpool.

We were just one pope injury away from finishing in 4th and an UCL QF

22 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Bookies favourite for next England manager at the minute.

6E427666-5EF0-43D0-BA7B-CF7F6BFD9BAB.jpeg

Fuck me, Carsley's actually in there? I joked that he had an outside chance the other day [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Fuck me, Carsley's actually in there? I joked that he had an outside chance the other day [emoji38]

The FA will look at how it's worked out for Southgate and I've got no doubts they'll be considering the same about Carsley. He's actually won something managing his England team remember.

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

The FA will look at how it's worked out for Southgate and I've got no doubts they'll be considering the same about Carsley. He's actually won something managing his England team remember.

Tbf, I'm all for successful u21 coaches at NT stepping up at senior level. They'll bring experience of the role and of course 1st hand knowledge of the next generation of talent. This is how it should be. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Tbf, I'm all for successful u21 coaches at NT stepping up at senior level. They'll bring experience of the role and of course 1st hand knowledge of the next generation of talent. This is how it should be. 

Bearzot and Scaloni are the only WC winning managers I can think of who managed one of the international youth teams before stepping up to be the full international team manager.  There’s not really a track record of this being a successful model. 

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Is there any successful model for winning the world cup?

This was going to be my question.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

Is there any successful model for winning the world cup?

Managers who won it as players have a more successful track record.  Maybe we should appoint Geoff Hurst while he’s still with us

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bearzot and Scaloni are the only WC winning managers I can think of who managed one of the international youth teams before stepping up to be the full international team manager.  There’s not really a track record of this being a successful model. 

Alternatively only 1/14 England managers who werent international youth managers went on to win the World Cup for us. Obviously Southgate currently fails on your point.