Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Didn’t he say a new name in the frame ? Rafa has been linked with us since he left 😂 

No he said a surprise name and I think no one is expecting Rafa to leave Everton so would qualify as a surprise 

caulkin has said a couple of times that who they want isn’t available. I believe Rafa is 100% who they want the most .

personally joking aside I don’t think Rafa would leave Everton 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I personally believe Amanda will try to move heaven and earth to get Rafa back. Depends if Everton want some Saudi money, which of course they will. 

They don’t need any money. And like the other PL teams, I imagine they’ll turn down Saudi money out of spite.  

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

They don’t need any money. And like the other PL teams, I imagine they’ll turn down Saudi money out of spite.  

Everton have made significant losses for years now. It’s why Rafa spent about £2m in summer.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Everton have made significant losses for years now. It’s why Rafa spent about £2m in summer.

Not through lack of money, but through FFP regulations not allowing them to spend any more at the present time was my understanding? 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You are right that Everton wouldn't let Rafa go in any circumstance but you are off your tits if you think any PL club has the morals to turn down Saudi money.

Besides, it's not Saudi money, it's Newcastle United money for the time being.

Just now, Manxst said:

Not through lack of money, but through FFP regulations not allowing them to spend any more at the present time was my understanding? 

But doesn’t a big wedge of cash for their manager start to swing that the other way?

Just now, Shearergol said:

But doesn’t a big wedge of cash for their manager start to swing that the other way?

I honestly don’t know, and don’t fully understand the regulations. I presume it wouldn’t be seen as revenue and so wouldn’t have an impact on what they could spend?  

2 minutes ago, STM said:

You are right that Everton wouldn't let Rafa go in any circumstance but you are off your tits if you think any PL club has the morals to turn down Saudi money.

Besides, it's not Saudi money, it's Newcastle United money for the time being.

You seriously think if we offered decent money for Salah, Liverpool wouldn’t knock it back? If they don’t NEED the cash, there’s no way they’d accept it, imo. Stupid money, then yes, they’d undoubtedly accept, as that would outweigh the benefit we would be purchasing.