Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Nah i think he's right like, I'm not saying I want it to happen and it'll be a sad day when he does go.

But, as I said earlier, we're on an awful run and our next 3 league games are Liverpool away, City at home and Villa away, 3 games that pretty much every season we lose, let alone how we're playing at the minute.

Then you add Sunderland away to the mix in the Cup, where we've lost to lower league opposition in both of Howes FA Cup games here, and Sunderland are a hell of a lot better than Sheff Wed and Cambridge and currently sit 6th in the Championship, odds are we'll lose that on current form too.

He doesn't survive all that unfortunately.

Have people’s brains melted? Going on about how he’s a dead man walking and he’ll definitely have to go if we lose to Sunderland. It’s a complete and utter joke and says a huge amount about how reactionary our fans are (and many fans are). This is the first period of pressure and bad spell that Howe’s had here. Pathetic that people are desperate to see him gone after what he’s achieved here and the pride he’s reinstalled in the club. 

Really pity anyone who wants him gone as they clearly haven’t enjoyed any of the time he’s been here if they’re that desperate to see him go

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Nah i think he's right like, I'm not saying I want it to happen and it'll be a sad day when he does go.

But, as I said earlier, we're on an awful run and our next 3 league games are Liverpool away, City at home and Villa away, 3 games that pretty much every season we lose, let alone how we're playing at the minute.

Then you add Sunderland away to the mix in the Cup, where we've lost to lower league opposition in both of Howes FA Cup games here, and Sunderland are a hell of a lot better than Sheff Wed and Cambridge and currently sit 6th in the Championship, odds are we'll lose that on current form too.

You’re talking like we have already lost them, there is a long time between now and the villa game. We may well be in a much better position injury wise by then. 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Have people’s brains melted? Going on about how he’s a dead man walking and he’ll definitely have to go if we lose to Sunderland. It’s a complete and utter joke and says a huge amount about how reactionary our fans are (and many fans are). This is the first period of pressure and bad spell that Howe’s had here. Pathetic that people are desperate to see him gone after what he’s achieved here and the pride he’s reinstalled in the club. 

Really pity anyone who wants him gone as they clearly haven’t enjoyed any of the time he’s been here if they’re that desperate to see him go

Don’t be silly. Only one or a couple of idiots say this. At least on here. Best thing is to ignore the stupid minority who go this far. They are not worth taking seriously. Fortunately there aren’t many at all on here. Most make valid points. Some better than others. 

Edited by Ikon

Eddie Howe isn't getting sacked this season. Or in the Summer. Anyone who thinks he is hasn't been paying attention to what the clubs been trying to warn us about all season re this season being much more difficult than last.

If we are in the same boat this time next year with no (or an easier) European competition to worry about then he comes under pressure. 

I think Howe survives this season, a bad start to next season, after being backed extensively in the transfer market, would be the coup de grâce. I think things get worse in the short term. We won’t get the intensity that Howe’s game plan requires until these players are rested after the January break and some of the injured players return.

Just now, NUFCDoog said:

Sheffield Wednesday, Chris Wood missed sitter after sitter and thing Longstaff had a shocking miss too.

Cambridge was a shocker.  But that was nearly 2 years ago..

To say it's a pattern that represents Eddie inability as a manager, when the sample size is just two games and conveniently excludes other cup competitions, comes across as a bit dishonest.

Just now, dcmk said:

Sheffield Wednesday, Chris Wood missed sitter after sitter and thing Longstaff had a shocking miss too.

Cambridge was a shocker.  But that was nearly 2 years ago..

To say it's a pattern that represents Eddie inability as a manager, when the sample size is just two games and conveniently excludes other cup competitions, comes across as a bit dishonest.

I wasn't having a pop at Eddie, I don't want him out or anything like that, I was just explaining why I think he won't survive January, and just showing based on the last few years that it wouldn't be a major shock to see us lose these next few games.

Bit of a maelstrom of all things starting to add up:

- Last summer’s biggest financial layouts currently being layabouts (Tonali & Barnes)

- Key positions not covered

- Players bought for potential not quite ready or trusted (Hall mostly, but Tino previously)

- An injury streak the likes I’ve never seen before (2 x fractured backs, 2 x dislocated shoulders)

- An aggressive pressing tactic being stretched by the limitations mentioned above

- Worst ever cup draw run which limits the ability to rest and rotate without sacrificing competitiveness

- Mr Reliable Kieran Trippier having personal issues off the field which lead to an on field funk

- Shit reffing decision in Paris that cost us so much mentally 

Overall, just a pretty grim last couple of months with the potential January from hell looming. I think Eddie can sort it but he needs both luck with injuries in the second half of the season and the right backing. Plus to evaluate some of his own decisions, including excessive loyalty to some players, in a more critical light.

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

I think Howe survives this season, a bad start to next season, after being backed extensively in the transfer market, would be the coup de grâce. I think things get worse in the short term. We won’t get the intensity that Howe’s game plan requires until these players are rested after the January break and some of the injured players return.

I agree

IF we don't make Europe at all, strengthen in summer and have a full squad... we could put a cat amongst the pigeons again next season and I think he would be expected (from the board) to deliver it next season too no excuses. 

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

We don’t deserve nice things if our own fans turn this quickly. Hit X on the browser, turn off ya phone and go move Leazes terrace brick by brick why don’t ya. 

Last few posts in this thread make me feel like we deserve to be sold back to Ashley.

Today it felt like the increasingly low-energy football that we're playing at the moment came home to roost, if you pardon the pun.

I thought we'd be able to make our home form stick despite our poor away form, but that looked like one of our away matches today and we didn't have the football to lift the crowd to push them through.

I think it's kind of got the point where blaming everything on injuries and fatigue is seen as too simplistic and making excuses, but it really is such a huge factor and has had a massive impact now that it's properly caught up with us and our style of play.

Edited by Kid Icarus

19 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

You're the boy who cried wolf son, as you've been saying the same thing for a long as I remember, as soon as things aren't going our way. You now seem genuinely pleased that you can say 'I told you so' .....give yourself a pat on the back.

Or I've kept it the same and read the warning signs when people refused to. People cannot handle that on here, must be right at all costs, so try to belittle me like you're doing now. I'm used to it, couldn't give a shit, tbh. Had Eddie addressed my concerns several weeks ago we wouldn't be in this position. Always felt this was a test for him. Throwing the players under the bus at this stage when he's ran them into the ground is poor from him. 1st time I've actually thought he may not get through this. 

All I've said all along is if he loses against Sunderland, then he should go. I've never wanted him to, I've always wanted him to pull through and thought it wouldn't happen. But players are coming back, performances are getting worse and he's trotting out lines from the Steve Bruce book of management. Someone said on here moons ago, every manager is the same when they're losing, I hand on heart never thought that of Eddie, until today. I'm actually more upset about that than the performance and result, which was his worst as an NUFC manager. 

46 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's not me doing this, its him. He's cracking under the pressure. I fucking told you all a few weeks ago this was a test for him. I was laughed at. He's failing this test. I hate to see it. I'd rather be wrong and have my posts dragged up and called whatever. It's really sad to see, but worse is, people who can't handle calling out the obvious, and must deflect at any cost. 

Howe said only a few hours ago that they will be able to train properly for the first time in a month this week. If a manager can't train properly or prepare a team, do you suppose that can adversely affect results?  And helps explain our current form?

Does none of his 2 years here warrant a bit more belief that he's the right man?

Name me a manager who hasn't had poor form at all? Klopp's Liverpool last year were really poor.  Pep's Man City has been a bit shit recently.  No manager is infallible. How about we support the guy.

Edited by dcmk

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think it's kind of got the point where blaming everything on injuries and fatigue is seen as too simplistic and making excuses, but it really is such a huge factor and has had a massive impact now that it's properly caught up with us and our style of play.

Exactly. Don't understand this notion that the fatigue excuse is wearing thin. It becomes more relevant with every game ffs. :lol: The odd returning player doesn't mean that suddenly Miggy, Gordon, Bruno, Schar etc are suddenly not absolutely shagged.

23 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Well Howe type players are those that can press intensely and have a lot of stamina. We didn't see Isak as much as we could have last year because Howe didn't think he was up to it physically to play for 90 minutes in an Eddie Howe team

Who have we bought since last summer, other than Gordon, who is an athlete first, footballer second? Not a dig, just can't remember. Feels like the vast majority of purchases have been pretty technical for a while. Yeah, they need to have some athletic ability, but most of the best pressers in the squad are from the eras before - Willock, Almiron, Wilson, Joelinton, Longstaff.

And I'd add that even with Gordon that I think he has underrated technique and we felt like we could work on him becoming a final third maestro who is blessed with athletic ability.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Howe said only a few hours that they will be able to train properly for the first time in a month this week. If a manager can't train properly or prepare a team, do you suppose that can adversely affect results?  And helps explain our current form?

Does none of his 2 years here warrant a bit more belief that he's the right man?

Name me a manager who hasn't had poor form at all? Klopp's Liveroool last year were really poor.  Pep's Man City has been a bit shit recently.  No manager is infallible. How about we support the guy.

I support him, bar a Sunderland loss, i'll take top ten this season and go again next season. Is that not a low enough bar like for our best ever manager in 20 years?

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Or I've kept it the same and read the warning signs when people refused to. People cannot handle that on here, must be right at all costs, so try to belittle me like you're doing now. I'm used to it, couldn't give a shit, tbh. Had Eddie addressed my concerns several weeks ago we wouldn't be in this position. Always felt this was a test for him. Throwing the players under the bus at this stage when he's ran them into the ground is poor from him. 1st time I've actually thought he may not get through this. 

All I've said all along is if he loses against Sunderland, then he should go. I've never wanted him to, I've always wanted him to pull through and thought it wouldn't happen. But players are coming back, performances are getting worse and he's trotting out lines from the Steve Bruce book of management. Someone said on here moons ago, every manager is the same when they're losing, I hand on heart never thought that of Eddie, until today. I'm actually more upset about that than the performance and result, which was his worst as an NUFC manager. 

I'm not trying to belittle you, just pointing out that you were the same last seaaon as well when Liverpool were chasing us for a CL place. The idea that if Howe had listened to you, everything would have been okay just makes you sound utterly ridiculous in all honesty. ?

Be careful what you wish for.

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

I'm not trying to belittle you, just pointing out that you were the same last seaaon as well when Liverpool were chasing us for a CL place. The idea that if Howe had listened to you, everything would have been okay just makes you sound utterly ridiculous in all honesty. ?

Be careful what you wish for.

I'm not saying he should listen to me. Just that my opinions aren't that far fetched. On here though, it's either black or white, you aren't allowed grey. Its weird AF, always been the same.