Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Media got even more tricks up their sleeves. You got some of us the first 10 times, but it's getting kind of old now.

Edited by Erikse

Howe is young and he knows he'll be a top 1-3 English manager for at least the next 10-15 years. Think it would be riskier for his career if he actually took the English job now instead of staying. The core of the English squad would also be only better in the future, only Kane is older. I'm not really concerned at all that he would want to leave after last season, think there's like 10% chance at most that he goes now.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

Howe is young and he knows he'll be a top 1-3 English manager for at least the next 10-15 years. Think it would be riskier for his career if he actually took the English job now instead of staying. The core of the English squad would also be only better in the future, only Kane is older. I'm not really concerned at all that he would want to leave after last season, think there's like 10% chance at most that he goes now.

If he goes now, his next club job is a Palace, Brighton, Everton (I know he supports them like) but like you say, the England job is there in 10-15 years.

Stay here, go to England afterwards, do that 6-8 years, finish off at his boyhood club Everton. Perfect. 

2 hours ago, Peder75 said:

I don't think Eddie would enjoy being a national team manager. He is much more a club manager. What I can read out from his interviews is that he is hard working and likes the day to day work with the players. You have none of that as manager for England.

I mean it's the ideal job for Brewcie. No day to day work, a dozen or so games a year.

Can't understand why he hasn't had a mention. After all, they all reckoned he was a top class manager when he was shafting us for a fortune.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Talk shite saying Howe would 'listen to an approach'

They were banging on about this all afternoon. Wish I had a fiver for every time they said "we are hearing Eddie Howe is interested in the England job" with absolutely no elaboration of where they were hearing this.

Wankers.

16 minutes ago, bigfella said:

They were banging on about this all afternoon. Wish I had a fiver for every time they said "we are hearing Eddie Howe is interested in the England job" with absolutely no elaboration of where they were hearing this.

Wankers.

Their whole job is to talk about football even when there's nothing to talk about. Actually have to give them credit for being able to spin out a rumour even longer than our transfer rumours thread

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Shows how far we’ve come as a club that we now have the number one target to lead England into the World Cup as manager. 

That's not progress. They hired Gareth Southgate as manager :lol: Honestly, it's a bit insulting. 

Potter :lol: Good coach but he doesn’t have the mentality or personality to handle such a big job and the pressure and scrutiny that comes with it. Don’t even think he would want it. (Actually might take it but not so sure) 

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, Pata said:

None of that is guaranteed 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Potter :lol: Good coach but he doesn’t have the mentality or personality to handle such a big job and the pressure and scrutiny that comes with it. Don’t even think he would want it. (Actually might take it but not so sure) 

I think he would want it, and he's turned down every job since Chelsea because he knew it would be available soon.