Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

34 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Says he didn’t even know Southgate had left but as long as he’s supported at the club then he’ll stay. Also says there’s been zero destabilisation of anything. One in the eye for Luke. But of course we all knew Eddie would have no probs with Mitchell coming, AS going or anything else because he’s a consummate professional. 

Luke was going on about Howe not being spoken to about the new director of football, but from Mitchell's interview that isn't true.

These journalists are a mess man.

He’s just venting about the PSR mess, probably didn’t want to lose Anderson, annoyed other players were offered up too.

There is going to be tension between the plans to be “better sellers” and the manager wanting to keep his preferred players. 

Unfortunately the tension will continue due to PSR, the club just need to manage it.

Calm down lads, it's just a power play to push through the transfers of Trafford, O'Shea, Berge and Odobert, nowt to get all worked up about. 

"What do you say to supporters worried about you going to England?"

"I'm absolutely honoured and privileged to be manager of Newcastle United and I hope that's for many, many years. My commitment is unwavering, I'm determined to try and win a trophy for the football club. That's my big message."

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

:lol: absolute weapon.

Overall very positive. Maybe some things didn’t need a mention, maybe it’s better to keep in-house? I mean it might just risk there being unnecessary speculation. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

He says in the sky interview when asked if he feels happy and supported he says 

“there has been so much change we just need a period of time where we get to know how each other work and establish boundaries”

he wouldn’t even mention those boundaries unless he felt they were potentially getting over stepped

Give over man... it's a perfectly diplomatic response. It's a "I'm happy but I need to make sure I can work properly with the new people who've come in". Doesn't remotely suggest that any boundaries have been overstepped. Watch the BBC Newcastle interview. He's fine.

Should also be said that both Eales and Mitchell have recently done interviews and spoken in absolutely glowing terms about Howe. Seems like everyone's on the same page to me. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

He says in the sky interview when asked if he feels happy and supported he says 

“there has been so much change we just need a period of time where we get to know how each other work and establish boundaries”

he wouldn’t even mention those boundaries unless he felt they were potentially getting over stepped

That's reading between the lines massively, like. We have a new man replacing Ashworth. Unless something has happened this last week which I'd be surprised about, I can't see where any boundaries are over stepped? 

If you've ever worked in a senior position in a company and then had someone new come in who is working over you, it is just unsettling and the natural response is to feel negative about your own position and to those above you.

Now it may not be as extreme as that for Eddie but there's definitely a pissing contest brewing.. I think he won that pissing contest with Ashworth which is why the rat wanted out so soon.

Mitchell won't be pushed around either politically, mentally or physically so having an option of moving to a less demanding job with nobody above him would be quite the lure.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Give over man... it's a perfectly diplomatic response. It's a "I'm happy but I need to make sure I can work properly with the new people who've come in". Doesn't remotely suggest that any boundaries have been overstepped. Watch the BBC Newcastle interview. He's fine.

I’m not at all concerned. He’s litterally talking establishing boundaries :lol: I think it’ll be fine but you can’t ignore literal words he says. He brings up boundaries not me 

I can't believe how much this is being spun as a negative and cause for panic ... but then again, I can actually believe it. So typical.

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Seems to me he's just pushing the owners to make the right choices in the transfer market, which is what we all want. Of course the fannies won't see it that way. Oddjob wants to fuck off also, I don't know who the fuck he thinks he is.

Howe wants english and pl players. And Mitchell prefers buy abroad. 

Howe is a great coach but he knows only PL players and wants only PL players (an inflated market). The market is competence of the sporting director, not of the coach. 

Wow there's some in depth reading of banal professional media speak here. Ffs many of you would panic at the 10 o'clock news meaning there won't be an 11 o'clock and the world's going to end.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's reading between the lines massively, like. We have a new man replacing Ashworth. Unless something has happened this last week which I'd be surprised about, I can't see where any boundaries are over stepped? 

I didn’t say they were overstepped did I? I said he’s worried they potentially might get overstepped and that’s why he wants time to establish what they are. 

Well put by Douglas...

Howe even says in the BBC Radio Newcastle interview that the early signs are positive between him and Mitchell.

Edited by Scoot

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I’m not at all concerned. He’s litterally talking establishing boundaries :lol: I think it’ll be fine but you can’t ignore literal words he says. He brings up boundaries not me 

Watch this video - 

Nothing at all suggests that a boundary has been overstepped.

Just now, jigen said:

Howe is a great coach but he knows only PL players and wants only PL players (an inflated market). The market is competence of the sporting director, not of the coach. 

Bruno, Isak, Botman ffs.

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

a new downbeat podcast in the works as we speak 

Tory Scabbers is the reason you should have to apply for a licence to make a podcast. Miserable boring wanker

1 minute ago, jigen said:

We signed Bruno, Botman, Isac and Tonali so that is just a load of shit. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Watch this video - 

Nothing at all suggests that a boundary has been overstepped.

Again, you wrongly read in to what I wrote. That’s not my fault 

what I meant was he’s concerned boundaries potentially may get overstepped and that’s why he wants those boundaries established. At no point did I say bounderies had already been over stepped. Mitchell has only been in the job a week ffs

the key word in my original post is potentially. Thought it was pretty clear myself 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Well put by Douglas...

I didn't even get the "wants power lines defined" bit.

I heard him setting out a few caveats in the line of "I'm not going to say I'm stopping forever cos who knows what will happen", I heard more "Nothing has happened yet to make me want out".

1 minute ago, madras said:

I didn't even get the "wants power lines defined" bit.

I heard him setting out a few caveats in the line of "I'm not going to say I'm stopping forever cos who knows what will happen", I heard more "Nothing has happened yet to make me want out".

He says he wants to establish boundaries that’s just another way of saying wants power lines defined.