Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

There is no way an international manager can split a job with Newcastle United. There is too much to do. The press won’t give him a chance either, if he thinks it’s bad getting flack from national papers just wait until they find out what it’s like being the only source of 30 pages for a regional paper like the chronicle. 

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

Regarding the rumours about Martinez continuing with the Belgium gig if he comes here; does that even happen these days? Yes I understand that being a national team manager is less demanding but I find it hard to see him doing both jobs.

We certainly would be foolish to allow it, it would make an awful appointment even worse 

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

This needs to be sorted asap now. We can’t waste another game. 

Yup. We have 3 home games coming up which we should (:yao:) see as winnable. We are already starting to see a gap forming above the bottom 3

Edited by Klaus

I think desperate times ask for desperate measures. I would be looking at bringing in an experienced manager who's used to pulling teams out the shite. Fucking hell i'd even have coffin dodger Hodgson in.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10148147/Graeme-Jones-urges-Newcastles-new-owners-appoint-new-manager-following-3-0-loss-Chelsea.html

Newcastle’s owners will step up talks with managerial candidates this week, with Roberto Martinez, Unai Emery and Lucien Favre all still in the frame.

But much work will be needed to keep the team in the top-flight and there are another 10 matches before the chance to spend in January.

Also not sure about this quote from Jones "‘It’s not a style of football the fans are accustomed to. They want the team to attack and score goals. I’m aware of that." - we've played similarly for years we should be well aware now of that style! 

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

We’re a more attractive option then Spurs for any manager so it wouldn’t matter if they came on the market too.

Their squad is light years ahead of ours.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Is Martinez based in the UK as if not it's a bit of a concern that he was at the Wigan match today, I'm hoping he still is.

His wife is Scottish, so it is plausible that he is visiting or lives in the UK, but that is a worry if he was at the Wigan match today 

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Wonder if we are struggling to get anyone.

Is it normal for clubs to take weeks to appoint a new manager? Whats the usual timescale?

Can be anything between virtually immediate to a couple of weeks usually. Sometimes it can take an age, look at Palace and Totenham in the Summer. I do expect, there will likely be somebody in before midweek.