Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Surely the delay / slow progress is down to either a double appointment (DoF and manager), with the DoF wanting a say in the managerial appointment, or us trying to agree compensation for a manager in current employment. 

If we don’t have anyone in post by the middle of next week then I’ll definitely be concerned. 

Fwiw I don’t think a new manager would have made any impact on today’s result so we are no worse off than I expected. Really would like to see some progress this week with regards to a new appointment and I expect we will get some.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fwiw I don’t think a new manager would have made any impact on today’s result so we are no worse off than I expected. Really would like to see some progress this week with regards to a new appointment and I expect we will get some.

Disagree. New manager plays the best keeper.

Don't have a problem with the patient, methodical approach, but would like to see this sorted early this week. 

Give the new manager the game against Brighton to get a feel for the work that needs doing during the international break, then have a good crack at Brentford. 

Just now, Andy said:

Don't have a problem with the patient, methodical approach, but would like to see this sorted early this week. 

Give the new manager the game against Brighton to get a feel for the work that needs doing during the international break, then have a good crack at Brentford. 

this

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Absolutely right mate. Otherwise Brentford becomes the new Brighton/experiment and that's two games down to bog we can't afford to flush.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We urgently need more of a clean break from what has gone before than we have so far. 

A proper manager and coaching team and get rid of Charnley whilst we are at it. 

too much of the old stench is lingering. 

And this too. No change at all. Like Carver replacing Pardew. When Roeder was promoted from within it was from the youth team and was effecitvely a new voice, new ideas, new start. This is just d1cking around.

Darlow

Clark

Ritchie

Murphy

Shelvey

Gayle 

All players that were going to be shipped out under rafa. Barring Gayle, all have played a significant role for us since. 

Add in a mixed bag of purchases, some absolutely atrocious ones and letting Lejeune go, the dismantling of the longstaffs. It is no wonder we are so shite.

We do have enough to stay up under decent manager but attracting the right character and player willing to come to a relegation fight in January will be difficult.