Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

They have been handed a total shit show, but by next weekend the owners will have been in control for a month. A new manager needs to be decided NOW. Fonseca or Favre...make the choice and then live or die by it. But the guy has got to be in place by next Saturday.

29 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Probably, but he gives the defence more confidence. Darlow is one of our biggest issues. Fucking awful keeper.

23 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Someone ban this Mackem cunt? 

Mate, I am black and white through and through. I know what is required and how quickly it needs doing.

The 'new' manager will definitely be having second thoughts about us today after seeing that! It was as bad as its been. Same old same old.

Every day that goes by is a wasted opportunity to get in and feel the players out and impose a new mindset, philosophy, training and fitness regime.

My opinion on this hasn't changed! Its taken too long!

22 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Darlow

Clark

Ritchie

Murphy

Shelvey

Gayle 

All players that were going to be shipped out under rafa. Barring Gayle, all have played a significant role for us since. 

Add in a mixed bag of purchases, some absolutely atrocious ones and letting Lejeune go, the dismantling of the longstaffs. It is no wonder we are so shite.

We do have enough to stay up under decent manager but attracting the right character and player willing to come to a relegation fight in January will be difficult.

Little risk to new signings imo, because they would be sold next summer if we go down. Get the right manager in place (assuming we aren't cut well adrift by then), players will still want to come here.

Guest reefatoon
34 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

I'm firmly back on Fonseca fwiw - we need complete revolution at this point.

The players definitely need showing and taught something different like. The constant “we have to have everyone behind the ball because we are shit and will get humped” mantra they have been subjected too for the last couple of years is obviously not doing them any good. 

Just now, reefatoon said:

The players definitely need showing and taught something different like. The constant “we have to have everyone behind the ball because we are shit and will get humped” mantra they have been subjected too for the last couple of years is obviously not doing them any good. 

This is my worry with everyone's favourite. Rafa might not try to change too much from today. He'd use the same plan with tweaks and I'm not sure that'll do enough for the players right now.

Hope the new manager doesn't play some of the players that started today, or ASM up front and so on and so on. I want a new manager to start from scratch 100% and not taking too much advise from whoever they are. Whoever the new manager will be. 

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

This is my worry with everyone's favourite. Rafa might not try to change too much from today. He'd use the same plan with tweaks and I'm not sure that'll do enough for the players right now.

Majority of our squad was here when we had Benitez. 

Not that we're getting him anyway

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Hope the new manager doesn't play some of the players that started today, or ASM up front and so on and so on. I want a new manager to start from scratch 100% and not taking too much advise from whoever they are. Whoever the new manager will be. 

Hopefully if the new manager was watching, he would be thinking that it didn’t work and would have his own ideas.

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

5 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

The thing is, if you want to play with backs to the wall, absorb pressure and hit on the break to snatch a winner, then that team has to be FIT, that is something because of the 2-3 day weeks under cabbage head this team doesn’t have, the game plan worked until about 60mins when the lack of fitness showed, a few more weeks of 5 day weeks and the fitness will show, we had almost the same team under Rafa and it worked because we were fit 

Edited by nufcnick

Guest reefatoon
Just now, nufcnick said:

The thing is, if you want to play with backs to the wall, absorb pressure and hit on the break to snatch a winner, then that team has to be FIT, that is something because of the 2-3 day weeks under cabbage head this team doesn’t have, the game plan worked until about 60mins when the lack of fitness showed, a few more weeks of 5 day weeks and the fitness will show 

we were just waiting for them to get that goal. We could all see it was going to come. We can’t play the backs to the wall football though as we seem to leave so many gaps and space for the opposition. I honestly don’t know how we do it. How can we have so many people back yet still allows teams so much space? [emoji38] It’s fucking mental.

Just now, reefatoon said:

we were just waiting for them to get that goal. We could all see it was going to come. We can’t play the backs to the wall football though as we seem to leave so many gaps and space for the opposition. I honestly don’t know how we do it. How can we have so many people back yet still allows teams so much space? [emoji38] It’s fucking mental.

That’s because there was no Plan other than to absorb, under Rafa we were fit and had a plan when we got the ball, it’s going to take at least another 2 weeks to get the fitness back after cabbage heads laziness 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

That’s because there was no Plan other than to absorb, under Rafa we were fit and had a plan when we got the ball, it’s going to take at least another 2 weeks to get the fitness back after cabbage heads laziness 

It’s more than just fitness we need. More running isn’t going to solve our problems. We need a new manager in with new ideas, as our current idea has us second bottom and winless.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Yep. It's difficult to have a 90 minute plan when your players can only last sixty.

I don't think you can judge it on the game today, of course you can pick apart what we did, or didn't do. What we should have done with the line up and tactics etc.

We're an awful football team, we reflected what our manager was, an awful manager. But judging us against the best team on current form, and probably the best all round squad and all round football ability in our league, is probably not the best yard stick.

In saying that though, we were terrible, utterly awful, a team who can't pass the ball 5 yards to each other, a side who create fuck all most of the time, but on the flip side, we're also a side with no confidence after being managed by an utter buffoon.

Without new players we're down imo, but a new manager and a few signings we should get out of it, and even if that does happen it's going to be a tough fight.

We need organisation, we need a system to create chances, a pattern of play. The long and the short of it, we need a proper manager now.

Edited by Bimpy474

20 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

It's a moot point anyway. Benitez is not coming back here.

11 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s more than just fitness we need. More running isn’t going to solve our problems. We need a new manager in with new ideas, as our current idea has us second bottom and winless.

I’m not saying a new manager with new ideas isn’t needed, what I’m saying is when you’re fit have have more chance of being able to absorb and then steal a winner(Rafa teams), it’s the lapses in concentration that cost us today through lack of fitness, tired body leads to a tired mind. Look at Brighton for example yes they have a cracking coach, but they are fit and look like they can run for days, same with palace, if you don’t have a good team then the team you have needs to have high fitness levels.
At the start of the season if you looked on paper, you would say man for man we had a far better team than Brighton, it goes to show what a well drilled fit team can do 

Edited by nufcnick

Regarding the rumours about Martinez continuing with the Belgium gig if he comes here; does that even happen these days? Yes I understand that being a national team manager is less demanding but I find it hard to see him doing both jobs.