Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

31 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Why? At the end of the day the PL stated that they were happy that PIF and the Saudi state were separate. Once they done that they’re fucked as they can’t then go back and say you’re not separate anymore. If they even tried to (they won’t), it would be thrown out at court straight away. Not going to happen that boat has well sailed now.

Watch them change the O&D test. 

I don't really think the Brighton game is pivotol. Brighton are 8th and we're away. I expect we'll lose, relegation or not. The  set 4 games after that are though (Brentford(h)/Arsenal(a)/Norwich(h)/Burnley(h)). Obviously a Brighton win would would be great and a big mood changer. I'd be happy if we come away with a point.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

There wasn't a manager on that list that people wouldn't have concerns with in some area or another.

Emery - communication, falling out with players, the one season effect 

Martinez - defence, Everton record

Favre - defence, communication, lack of charisma, ASM rumour.

Fonseca- defence, journeyman agent, hint of dodgy used car salesman.

Gerrard- inexperience, will leave for liverpool or England.

People would have worried about Conte not being able to handle a relegation fight ffs.

To me it's whether they can make believers of the players and the fans. Rafa had a fair few detractors just because of his pragmatic approach, Howe or whomever came in will have the same. It's what we do, we are fickle and hypercritical.

I see this as a pretty happy medium appointment. He is progressive  can and is most likely to unite the supporters not least satisfying our PFM portion of the match going crowd wanting an English manager. His knowledge and experience of the league, prior relationship with some of our players and ability to communicate clearly, honestly and eloquently with players and supporters will likely be why he was chosen over the likes of Favre and Fonseca.

I like the gamble because I actually think it's one of the safer bets that will lead us to the next level. Looking forward to the journey, attacking intent and actual tactics.  Think it will get a fair few of the usual media trolls off our back as Eddie is liked.

At the end of the day, this is no Spurs-Nuno scenario, whereby he was essentially told 'you'll do'. I'm absolutely convinced a proper and thorough, diligent, process has gone on in appointing Howe, and I'm happy to trust in that.

They did everything they could to line up two suitable candidates and if one didn't work out, the pathway was there for the other.

Howe has a great record of overachieving with lesser players, which is exactly what we need right now from whoever we appointed. Ashley and Cabbageheed left the club staring at relegation. Howe will also know other Premier teams, and have ideas on any weaknesses that can be exploited. Howe will not have experience juggling big name players with big egos, but we won't need that for some time to come.

Bournemouth had a dreadful run before relegation, but it still took a goaline technology failure in Villa's favour to send them down. VAR wasn't even allowed to review it. As bad luck goes, that's as extreme as it gets. Swap their keeper that season with Dubravka on 19/20 fitness and form and they would have stayed up easily. He saved us 10 points on his own.

It's almost a tongue twister, but Howay Howe!

I dread to think the inbox he's got. From training to fitness, to match tactics to post match analysis, it's all got to be done. All the meanwhile he's got to start getting results on the pitch too.

Good luck Eddie

51 minutes ago, LV said:

Watch them change the O&D test. 

So they change it, what are they then going to fail them on?, since PIF is separate from the state and is a legally functioning investment company. What can they charge to disqualify the owners? Sorry it’s not going to happen that boat has sailed.

Just now, mouldy_uk said:

Interesting little snippet from 00:55

Not to knock Howe as I’m full behind his appointment despite him not being my first choice. 

but SAF has kept OGS in a job and hand picked David Moyes to replace him when he retired. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Not to knock Howe as I’m full behind his appointment despite him not being my first choice. 

but SAF has kept OGS in a job and hand picked David Moyes to replace him when he retired. 

How dare you disrespect a manager who has just managed his 1,000th game. Shame on you.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Was going to post pretty much exactly that :lol: I'm happy enough with Howe though, SAF seal of approval/kiss of death or not

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The same moyes that did a cracking job at Everton and now has West Ham punching well above their weight 

8 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Just gonna get this out of my system right now as I will be supporting him 100% until he gives me a reason to do otherwise…he sounds a LOT like Pardew. I don’t mean what he’s saying, I mean the timbre of his voice and his accent. Listen to him talk without looking at him. 

I swear, Pardew will haunt me until I’m in my grave :lol:

Thanks for that, can’t unhear that now :pardsbeard:

Personally i'm more happy with the Howe appointment than Emery, i feel like he's a better transitional manager for us than the former and hopefully will be able to fix the short term problems that we have, if he does manage to do that then he will earn the chance to try and take us further, if not then the time would be right for a high level appointment.

When you read some of the comments on other sites about this it makes you realise we are now universally hated. 

Fuck them. 

Edited by RS

16 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

The first person after SAF was always going to bomb, just like emery at arsenal

Just to clarify my original point for you. 

I don’t care about Moyes it wasn’t the point I was making. I was simply referring to SAF and his predictions being absolutely shit. 

40 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It was always whoever went in going to be hard to follow SAF.

It shattered Moyes,but he's bounced back at West Ham,doing a great job.

Aye, after a good nights sleep, I still think this is potentially a great appointment. I can (sort of) understand peoples reservations, but you need to consider what Howe did at Bournemouth (watching some of the youtube videos might sway your views!) 

Yeah he got them relegated (many good managers have experienced that). Yeah he wasn't many peoples first choice: was Alex Ferguson when he went to Man U?

Anyways, I think this bloke ticks a lot of the boxes that potentially makes him a good choice for us:

• Young - tick
  • Progressive - tick
  • Tactically aware - tick
  • Intelligent - tick
  • Not Steve Bruce - tick
  • Not Frank Lampard - tick
  • Not Roberto Martinez - tick

Come full circle now. 

Name me a top manager who hasn't had any failings in their career and started right at the top? Of course there may be some, but the vast majority will have made the step from a smaller club to a huge one and the truth of the matter is that if Howe was employed by a huge club at any point before his relegation at Bournemouth, not many would have batted an eyelid. 

There's a unique opportunity for him to test his skills out at a club aiming to be a prominent club and there's not many of those clubs about, in many ways, this could be the perfect role for him.

Edited by Thumbheed