Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

24 minutes ago, cannybagoftudor said:

I have a good feeling about this appointment - always had a soft spot for his dad (Don) who was a very able coach - it is in his DNA - so hopefully like father like son and he will go from strength to strength and surprise us all.

Well bugger me…..which planet have I been on over the last 10 years, I never realised his dad was the ex Arsenal manager Don Howe🤓

Edited by Jinky Jim

I'd be lying completely if I said Howe was the appointment I was hoping for after the takeover, nothing against him personally but I had set my sights a little higher than him. Maybe that's me getting a little carried away and a bit greedy but I thought we'd be able to attract a manager with a proven track record of trophies and competing regularly in Europe and so on. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't have any reservations about him organising us and tightening things up at the back where we look an utter shambles, when it started to unravel at Bournemouth he appeared to be a bit helpless to correct it and that nags away at me. 

That said he's been given the job now and I'll be behind him 100%. Pricks like me need to forget who didn't get the job and support the bloke who did get it and I'll be doing exactly that. The next 6 months are monumental for the club and we all need to get behind him and back him and the squad for the next 28 games, we need to get back in touch with the pack asap and that means winning the games we should be winning and grinding the odd point out of games we're expected to lose. Onwards and upwards gentlemen, starting on Saturday night :)

37 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

Underwhelming, never got the hype around him and how in gods name the media was linking him with Arsenal Spurs etc while he was at Bournemouth but as with anyone let's see how he does. One thing of major concern in the short term is he's likes to play a possession game and our squad is incapable of that so god knows how that will work 

Only won one game in his last season with above 40% possession. So not as possession based as you might think. 

4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Well bugger me…..which planet have I been on over the last 10 years, I never realised his dad was the ex Arsenal manager Don Howe🤓

Same here, ‘kin hell!

Happy we've got Howe. Used to relegation and promotion, and as someone said, if he was German we'd be wanking ourself blind over him. 

Very pissed off it took us two defeats and a draw to get to this point when we could have had him ready to go on day one of the takeover, instead of trying to big-league every manager in Europe first. 

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Minus 17 The story behind the dream. On YouTube, just a documentary about Bournemouth's rise from administration to the PL.

Cheers will give it a watch tomorrow, going to catch up on all the Howe YouTube videos tomorrow 

Well, I’m actually fucking excited with Howe, I think he ticks a lot of boxes and it’s just great to be so engaged, interested, fascinated, hopeful and wanting someone to fucking smash it again. Howe-ay-the-lads.

Edited by HTT II

I'm really hoping he gets the current team playing better just to show he who shall not be named how much of a lazy lard scoffing cunt he really was.

I think he will have a go at teams and for where we are now that's a big improvement, he isn't a PFM and seems to have standards. Wasn't sold on him but he has my full backing.

Based on his CV, this strikes me as the right appointment for the here and now. Younger manager who can stabilize in the short term and grow with the club. If it turns out he's brilliant, great. If he hits a ceiling, he can do good work here for 2-3 years and then we can move on to someone better when the club is ready.

I think it's also important that this is probably someone whose profile is low enough that he wouldn't mind staying with us even if we end up relegated to the Championship. That's a very real possibility and we want a manager who will stick with the project regardless like Rafa did.

For what it's worth, if Howe turns out to be underwhelming I'd imagine the problem would be the ceiling, not the floor. He might not have what it takes to get us to the Champions League or win a trophy, but I think the chances that he ends up being Bruce-levels of incompetent are very low.