Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Jinky Jim said:

Don’t blame me…..I’m just quoting “Cannybagof”🤔🤔…..didn’t realise anyone on this forum spouted false information😁😁

Apologies - made a right balls up of that - still hope he succeeds in spite of NOT being related to Don Howe. 

30 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

IT's underwhelming because of all the names we have been linked with. 

Still a million miles better than Lampard or Rooney though

Basically this. Thank fuck we haven't gone with Rooney, he's shown nothing so far. Lampard has a bit more about him but I'd much prefer Howe over either those as well as Gerrard tbh.

Excited by the appointment after doing some Dennis Wise scouting on Howe if I'm being honest.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Without having an intimate knowledge of the type of manager he is, beyond listening to the things he's said, the thing I admire most is how studious he seems to be. I love those tales of him going to observe Rodgers at Swansea, Sarri at Napoli etc. Just screams dedication, reflection, growth, improvement. If he starts well here I think the fans will take to him and it could be a good ride. Do feel really optimistic about this, really excited to hear from him as NUFC boss. 

Yeah I was impressed by that video. Just comes across as someone who is a student of the game and respects other managers. Just hope he didnt ask Bruce for any advice or we’re knackered [emoji38]

I hope Howe and Staveley do a joint press conference when he is announced. Would be good to hear some of this vision for the club that impressed the recruitment panel so much.  

For me, his most pressing concern is to install some confidence back in the players.  Having that self belief is what will make us greater than the sum of our parts.  

I’m also confident he will address the fitness side of things with a more scientific and modern approach, as we desperately need it as we are blowing out our arses within about 15 minutes. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, mouldy_uk said:

I hope Howe and Staveley do a joint press conference when he is announced. Would be good to hear some of this vision for the club that impressed the recruitment panel so much.  

For me, his most pressing concern is to install some confidence back in the players.  Having that self belief is what will make us greater than the sum of our parts.  

I’m also confident he will address the fitness side of things with a more scientific and modern approach, as we desperately need it as we are blowing out our arses within about 15 minutes. 

Totally agree with that part. They have spent years now with hardly having possession of the ball and sitting back all the time. They really do need to start having the ball more, pushing up, dominating play and creating chances. Once we start getting this style over to them, then having the ball more will bring more confidence. They must be sick as chips being told to just sit back and try and hit on the break for the last few years.

47 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Can change it all they want now....anything which can disqualify our owners now will apply equally to Chelsea and Man City.

My guess, if we get relegated, is they will resurrect the ESL while we are in the Championship and when we get promoted back to the EPL we will not be one of the clubs invited to  participate in the ESL!

56 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

not sure if picking up cheap players is supposed to impress me as it means he has an eye for a player worth more than their asking price or that he shops in the bargain bin which in theory isnt us any more.... guess it depends if your positive or negative on the whole thing. 

Lot of good bargains to be had out there....The fit in the team is better than paying big money.... Premier is littered with over priced players,Sancho at Manure,how much they pay for him,cant get in their side most weeks.

No wonder Leicester laughed all the way to bank,80 million for carthorse  McGuire.

4 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Lot of good bargains to be had out there....The fit in the team is better than paying big money.... Premier is littered with over priced players,Sancho at Manure,how much they pay for him,cant get in their side most weeks.

No wonder Leicester laughed all the way to bank,80 million for carthorse  McGuire.

Sancho wasn't overpriced at all. 

4 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

no disagreeing having an "eye" for a player isnt a good quality but when you start shopping in a different bracket relatively speaking i.e. not the 3-12m player but the 30-40m player+ bracket the failures are harder to take and takes a different sort of approach as a cheaper diamond in the rough sort of player (assuming that at 25/35m they already have some very apparent qualities to make them in that price bracket). 

All a moot point anyway if they go for a DOF the question will then not be can he identify a quality player in the higher price bracket but more can he work with more expensive players and get their respect and man manage them to follow his vision. 

Failure isn’t something to beat someone down with, particularly when you look at the body of work. The relegation should not define the man, what he did for years prior and how he’s handled himself since should be what you judge him on. 

He sure lost the momentum at Bournemouth, and some signings didn’t pan out - That’s football, but a man so highly touted for great things was (imo) torn down by the press and a classic armchair revisionist mentality too often rearing it’s head in football.

Good and bad managers fail, the next step is what he should be judged on now. He’s been calculated and measured in his next job, he’s absorbed and learned from the past, and hopefully for us - he comes out firing, galvanIzing the club and the fan base and takes us up many many notches. 

Can’t wait to back Eddie Howe and celebrate his appointment. There’s a real underdog/hunger about him that I think will he brilliant for us. 

4 minutes ago, Anderson said:

All on board with Howe now, sounds like the Anti-Bruce, could be just what we need.

Like him even more now. Can you image Bruce coming in at 6.30am, other than a situation that involved bacon butties?

I think the vast majority of professional managers are the antithesis of Bruce, but it's no less refreshing to hear that we're going to employ someone who's about a million times more dedicated to the job. Exciting times.