Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It's weird because I'm not convinced Lampard would be the right choice but I'm just happy to have a normal discussion about normal footballing things, rather than the impending feeling of Alan Curbishley brushing off the cobwebs.

I think he’s got potential, he did a decent enough job at Derby who according to my mate who supports them had them playing good football and that they weren’t ready for promotion anyway. At Chelsea his first season, he got them to a final and into a European spot, during a transfer embargo, he is credited with giving youth its chance at the club finally and in his second season before he got sacked, Chelsea spent a lot of money, but I imagine a lot of those players were signed by the club and not exactly by Lampard.

I wouldn’t use Tuchel’s instant success following him as a yardstick by how poor Lampard was either, he’s a top coach and Di Matteo won silverware there in similar circumstances and he’s rubbish. I wouldn’t want Lampard here at any stage, however, only if he become a top-class manager in the future which he is way off that right now, albeit that’s mostly because he’s only been managing a few years. But the signs aren’t really there. We shouldn’t now be thinking anyone but Bruce…

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, Emotic said:

"Stuart Bruce" [emoji38] the level of "journalism" on display there, man. The Express quoting The Sun with an article that says the club "may" hold talks with Lampard but other names are under consideration. I did better compositions in grade school FFS.

:lol: Stuart Bruce

Just now, HTT II said:

I think he’s got potential, he did a decent enough job at Derby who according to my mate who supports them had them playing good football and that they weren’t ready for promotion anyway. At Chelsea his first season, he got them to a final and into a European spot, during a transfer embargo, he is credited with giving youth its chance their finally and in his second season before he got sacked, Chelsea spent a lot of money, but I imagine a lot of those players were signed by the club and not exactly by Lampard. I wouldn’t use Tuchel’s instant success following him as a yardstick by how poor Lampard was, he’s a top coach and Di Matteo won silverware there in similar circumstances and he’s rubbish. I wouldn’t want him here at any stage, however, only if he become a top-class manager in the future which he is way off that right now, albeit that’s mostly because he’s only been managing a few years. But the signs aren’t really there. We shouldn’t now be thinking anyone but Bruce…

Don't want to say too much based on what are unsubstantiated rumours, but I just think Lampard hasn't really got enough of a track record for a club aiming for the top. You can't really go off what he did at Chelsea, ultimately he was considered not good enough, and doing a decent-ish job at Derby isn't much to go off either. I just think there must be more solid options.

Just now, TRon said:

Don't want to say too much based on what are unsubstantiated rumours, but I just think Lampard hasn't really got enough of a track record for a club aiming for the top. You can't really go off what he did at Chelsea, ultimately he was considered not good enough, and doing a decent-ish job at Derby isn't much to go off either. I just think there must be more solid options.

Definitely, there are literally or should be lots and lots of better options and as such, the club must do all they can to find that much better option because if they don’t, it could end in disaster with say Lampard. I wouldn’t mind Lampard coming in as say Academy director mind, because he obviously has faith in youth and is credited for helping develop the game of a few youngsters at Derby and Chelsea. And which youngster wouldn’t look up to Lampard and not be inspired by his own rise from academy prospect to one of the best midfielders of his generation in world football? 

10 minutes ago, number9shirt said:

Lampard is better than bruce if a little underwhelming. Frank pissed off every single Chelsea player with his stupid fines and rules.

He’s marginally better, but tactically doesn’t have a clue unfortunately. 

I get it now. The Saudis are crafty, by appointing Lampard we will be known as Frank Lampard’s Newcastle United and not Saudi blood money NUFC. Sports washing at its finest!