Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Based of his comments regarding the Everton job, we had and have zero chance getting him without a proper structure in place 

Perhaps, and we're likely never to know but I do think we offer a completely different proposition to Everton as we're one of the few clubs in the world without a glass ceiling.

And as for structure,we'll don't have it yet, but it's clearly something we're looking to address. Our public pursuit of Dan Ashworth helps that's narrative. 

Final point is he's clearly prepared to go down as he's essentially I that position every season (or should be) with Brighton.

4 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

was it against Birmingham that we were absolutely dreadful in the first half and went into HT 0-1 down? I was convinced we were finally going down (lol just remembering the dread at the concept of our first relegation). But incredibly, Owen pulled it back for us in the second half and it was a changed team from then on. 

Don't remember the exact specifics (as usual) but I do recall backing KK publicly, but in private getting more and more worried as the games ran down. But what will always stick in my mind is Keegan telling the players to keep passing, to keep playing and not worry about results, he would take complete responsibility for them. That was him to a tee though, he always knew how to get the best out of even the shittest bunch of players. 

Just remember that only two weeks ago we had one of the worst results in our history, so the idea that the current manager is blameless is bullshit. He has also had the luxury of the most supportive home crowd for at least 15 years and we have little to show for it. Even Rafa didn't have that luxury and Bruce achieved results against the exact opposite backdrop. The honeymoon is over and it's time that the support showed it's teeth a little more as we are sleepwalking into the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Just remember that only two weeks ago we had one of the worst results in our history, so the idea that the current manager is blameless is bullshit. He has also had the luxury of the most supportive home crowd for at least 15 years and we have little to show for it. Even Rafa didn't have that luxury and Bruce achieved results against the exact opposite backdrop. The honeymoon is over and it's time that the support showed it's teeth a little more as we are sleepwalking into the Championship. 

fuckin hell man :lol:

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Christ our fans :anguish:

I've said it before but I think Howe is probably doing too much like, probably on himself to a degree as he no doubt will want as much control as possible [emoji38]

It's hard to properly judge him when all of the systems aren't in place.

It should change in the summer we just need to get there first[emoji38]

Reporter: "Have you had any offers for players at the club"

Eddie Howe: "No offers received"

The above shows how difficult of a job Eddie has, the players at the club are such a poor standard...

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

What part of what he’s just said is untrue? 

26 shots in our favour to their 8, 11 shots on goal to their 4, 2 saves from our goalie to their 9, 12 corners to their one, but aye, it’s the managers fault. 

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

What part of what he’s just said is untrue? 

Maybe the fact that he's had only 10 games in charge of us? Half of which have been against the top 6 and with one of the worst squads we've ever had in the PL? It's honestly embarassing, we've come out of a decade of mediocrity and people are still kicking off. We deserve all the stick we get from the media at times.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

26 shots in our favour to their 8, 11 shots on goal to their 4, 2 saves from our goalie to their 9, 12 corners to their one, but aye, it’s the managers fault. 

And what was the final score, that’s what matters 

12 minutes ago, mofo said:

Reporter: "Have you had any offers for players at the club"

Eddie Howe: "No offers received"

The above shows how difficult of a job Eddie has, the players at the club are such a poor standard...

I thought everton offered a bag of chips(generous) for Longstaff?

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Its a squad that finished 13th last season under a cretin of a manager. If he could get a tune out of them then Howe should be able to too.

But every aspect of it other than the results somehow, we’re pretty much all 18-20th in the league. Howe just hasn’t had the sheer luck Bruce did before this season.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

But every aspect of it other than the results somehow, we’re pretty much all 18-20th in the league. Howe just hasn’t had the sheer luck Bruce did before this season.

And people forget that we had 10 games at the start of this season that apart from 1 or 2 were the easiest fixtures we could have hoped for. We were firmly, firmly in the shit before Howe arrived thanks to Bruce.

6 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

No wonder the rest of the country think we are deluded morons mind, some on here wanting a manager out after ten games [emoji38].

I get questioning him, fair enough but to use words like crowd bearing teeth is off the scale and shows little knowledge of football . Utterly ridiculous going on like that .

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

I get questioning him, fair enough but to use words like crowd bearing teeth is off the scale and shows little knowledge of football . Utterly ridiculous going on like that .

It's also showing little connection with our fans, who have been incredibly supportive of Howe to this point. Only the social media incel types are talking in such weird terms.