Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Who would Dean Smith get a tune out of in our squad though?

Howe also needs to massively raise the fitness levels of a lot of players in our squad as his style of play is completely different to Bruce.

We're very imballanced and lacking players in key positions.

Howe has made mistakes and has directly cost us points imo but I really don't think you just throw any daft manager in and they get results.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Who would Dean Smith get a tune out of in our squad though?

Howe also needs to massively raise the fitness levels of a lot of players in our squad as his style of olay is completely different to Bruce.

We're very imballanced and lacking players in key positions.

Howe has made mistakes and has directly cost us points imo but I really don't think you just throw any daft manager in and they get results.

The Dean Smith comment was tongue in cheek. 
 Howe has now had almost 3 months with them so let’s not try and blame the performances on fitness ehh, which BTW is more than a preseason, so if he hasn’t got them fit now there is something wrong with his methods. I maintain Howe is a very poor manager and my point will be proven by the end of the season. We won’t even breach 22 points with him this season 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Howe has now had almost 3 months with them so let’s not try and blame the performances on fitness ehh, which BTW is more than a preseason, so if he hasn’t got them fit now there is something wrong with his methods. I maintain Howe is a very poor manager and my point will be proven by the end of the season. We won’t even breach 22 points with him this season 

Like the owners, talks a good story. Nothing else to show either are capable so far. Both need to turn it around fast or its relegation. If they aren't arsed and see relegation as an excuse to clear the decks then fair enough, their plan is working. 

Tbf this setup in the championship is fine or at the beginning of any season, it's just tmright here and right now where survival is critical it isn't enough.

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You can't get a squad in shape over the space of a few months man. They have elite level, 90 minute matches to play every week ontop of everything else they do. It's obviously a process.

Ideally you want a proper pre-season with them.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

You don't just gain imnense levels of fitness over a few months man [emoji38]

They seem to manage that in under 2 months in pre-season after 2 months of doing almost nothing, also remember these lazy fuckers had been playing football for 4 months under cabbage head before Howe came in so they would have been fitter than at the start of a pre-season, so please stop trying to blame fitness on poor performances on the pitch. If he hasn’t got them fit enough now he needs to go. Seem to remember Rafa only taking a month to get the fitness levels where they should be. 

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

They seem to manage that in under 2 months in pre-season after 2 months of doing almost nothing, also remember these lazy fuckers had been playing football for 4 months under cabbage head before Howe came in so they would have been fitter than at the start of a pre-season, so please stop trying to blame fitness on poor performances on the pitch. If he hasn’t got them fit enough now he needs to go. Seem to remember Rafa only taking a month to get the fitness levels where they should be. 

Aye I already edited my post as there's context which I thought you'd miss. It's not like we're just training to go running.

We're in the middle of a season. 

5 minutes ago, christ said:

I’m not sure the issue is fitness now as much as it is a squad low on talent and low on confidence.

As low on talent as Norwich, Brentford, Leeds or Brighton? If your not a good team you have to be hard working, we are not a good team and after 10 games under Howe we are also not a hard working team either, it’s like the fuckers have delusions of grandeur. 

Edited by nufcnick

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

As low on talent as Norwich, Brentford, Leeds or Brighton? If your not a good team you have to be hard working, we are not a good team and after 10 games under Howe we are also not a hard working team either, it’s like the fuckers have delusions of grandeur. 

Yes. What’s your point caller? 

They're training to play high pressing football, not just to 'work hard' though. I know everone thinks Liverpool are on PEDs but it's a completely different level of fitness and mobility required to effectively play football like that.

Howe's having to do it with Jonjo Shelvey.

Like granted, he should probably just drop Shelvey, but the other options are also terrible. 

Just now, christ said:

Yes. What’s your point caller? 

He’s had 10 games to get them to work harder and get the team to press and make it difficult for the opposition, yet we look no different to a Steve Bruce team in levels of effort 

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

They're training to play high pressing football, not just to 'work hard' though. I know everone thinks Liverpool are on PEDs but it's a completely different level of fitness and mobility required to effectively play football like that.

Howe's having to do it with Jonjo Shelvey.

Like granted, he should probably just drop Shelvey, but the other options are also terrible. 

Well thats Howe’s job to play with a tactic the squad’s fitness levels allow them to play. Trying to play high pressing football with unfit players is as naive as Norwich under Farke trying to tikitaka with shit players.

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Well thats Howe’s job to play with a tactic the squad’s fitness levels allow them to play. Trying to play high pressing football with unfit players is as naive as Norwich under Farke trying to tikitaka with shit players.

I agree, Howe seems very rigit in implementing his style but I imagine Klopp would be the same (I'm not saying Howe is at Klopps level).

He was a gamble in hindsight the more you look into it but now that he's here I cannot see much point in booting him out. As a coach everything seems possitive and will hopefully get exponentially better. 

4 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Why are they so unfit though? That ball over the top last week when Lascelles seemed to be running in slow motion was the worst thing I’ve seen all season.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Why are they so unfit though? That ball over the top last week when Lascelles seemed to be running in slow motion was the worst thing I’ve seen all season.

Lascelles has always had the speed and turning circle of a WW1 battleship, fucker always looks like he’s running in treacle 

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Wow your so right 2 players under him have got better, problem is the other 9 have gone backwards at a rather high pace 

Who has went backwards under him like? Arguably ASM but even his stats are better.

He made some weird lineup choices early on and his in game decisions have been questionable.

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Lascelles has always had the speed and turning circle of a WW1 battleship, fucker always looks like he’s running in treacle 

Turning speed yes but he was always fast enough to at least keep up with players.

He was either trying hard and just not able to run, or wasn’t trying and didn’t give a fuck if he caught up or not.

I’m not sure what is worse to be honest.